in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Macroesque Java Applets

Last post 10-01-2007 4:03 PM by Dinosorceror. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2007 12:03 AM

Macroesque Java Applets

No idea if this is going to work or not, this is my first post here on the new software.

I wanted to advertise a few projects I've been working on in my spare time, a handful of java applets dealing with matters of sizechange, inflation, and transformation. I figured I'd talk a little about them here, and get them a bit of exposure. They're not integrated to my main site yet.

The applets are text-only, just to warn you. I tried to make them as vivid and descriptive as possible, but text only goes so far in this genre, I'm afraid.

First up, my flagship applet as it were, the "Giantess Simulator"
    My most popular applet, all it does is simulate the growth (or shrinkage) of a dragon girl named Terri. As she gets bigger, she enters different phases of growth (Lesser Giantess to Greater Giantess, et cetera) and captions pop up at random times describing how big she is or what she's up to. It's one of my most complicated applets ever, and I am QUITE proud of it. Just... throwing that out there.

The next one is the "Transformation Ray"
    This one was my very first "anthro characters changing" applet, but it went through a few different iterations as I learned how to program better and more efficiently. This current one is pretty compact, and it's not as good as it can be, but it does pretty much anything I could think of. You choose any of the available characters, click "zap", and stuff happens to them. They might change colors, they might shrink down, they might grow huge, among other possible things.

The final one is my most recent one, "Bloating Zilla"
    This one is an applet I made from the framework of the Terri growth applet (the Grow Engine, I call it), but it focuses mostly on inflation and fattening and stuff like that. In this one you're dealing with Zilla the charr (that's a charmander-esque creature for those who don't keep up with my writings), and you can tell her to try to fatten up, inflate herself with beverages, or try to thin down, and along the way you can watch her weight go up or down, up to a maximum of ten tons (twenty thousand pounds). This applet is much more random than the other two, so I think it's a little more fun to watch. Sometimes stuff happens that makes Zilla fat even if you're trying to get her to thin down or she might lose weight even when she's trying to grow.

Those are all my applets currently available. I'm Bluey, if you don't recognize me from the last forum. I appreciate your feedback on these applets (unless it's negative). Please, please give me ideas for how to improve these silly things - new captions, new features, stuff like that. I definitely need more captions for Terri's applet and for the transformation applet, and more ideas for things that Zilla can do to influence her weight. I know this is a macro forum, so you're probably not going to touch the second or third applets, but like I said, I need ALL the new ideas I can get. Seriously.

Okay? Okay! Thanks for listening. Also, as a final note, I'm terrible at coming up with tags so sorry if I give this post some dumb ones.

Filed under: , , ,
  • 08-21-2007 10:16 PM In reply to

Re: Macroesque Java Applets

Well, you were right in guessing the first applet was my favorite, especially the comments about Terri's feet.  :)  But nice to see you on the new forums, Bluey!  :)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 08-22-2007 10:40 PM In reply to

• Gizmo
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-19-2007
    • Posts 38

nice applets reminds me of a program i made to simulate mataki's one percent document in real time.
    Child - "Mommy mommy look at the giant cute fox!"
    Mother- "Sure honey... HOLY (insert words here)"
  • 09-10-2007 10:46 AM In reply to

• Patch
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-16-2007
    • Posts 46

I've said so before: I dig.

It occurred to me that it might be cool to use Java to orchestrate one of those "choose your own adventure" thingies, rather than the bland, waitforittoload HTML -style of doing it, it could be made more interactive, with buttons, and a dialog box that records what the last few steps a player takes (like Faibanx, only more preordained and structured).

What say you? 

The last thing I want to do before I die is pull the trigger.
  • 10-01-2007 12:33 PM In reply to

I've given thought to a choose-your-own-adventure Java game, but I wouldn't know the first thing about how to start work on it. The applets I made are pretty much the most advanced I've ever gotten (on my own), and they were all built off the same framework. However, it's a neat idea and if I get some inspiration, I'll put some effort into it.

On a related matter, my actual website is built in an adventure-gamey sort of style. It's HTML "waitforittoload", though. I've been wanting to convert it all to Flash, but I'd have to learn how to make that mess work first.

For the sake of conversation, what would you want to do in a choose-your-own-adventure?

• 10-01-2007 4:03 PM In reply to

Do I really need to answer that question, or does everyone in the universe know me well enough by now?   ;)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.