in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Bow Down to Your King

Last post 11-08-2007 9:18 AM by DragonsPeace. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2007 11:27 AM

Bow Down to Your King

Hi everyone! RipRoarRex here. Even though I've just started back at university, I still found time to squeeze out this little bit of artwork for you.

For some reason in the last couple of days, my mind has been drifting to my very first foot-love: King Koopa. As far as I can remember, it was watching the "Mario Meets KoopZilla" episode of the "Super Mario Bros. Super Show" during the 1990s that I first developed my HMP-philic fetish. Therefore, seeing as I'd never tried drawing him before, I thought I'd finally give it a try (and it was remarkably easy - seems I must have subconsciously been drawing King Koopa all these years because some of the facial similarities between him and Rexar are uncanny!)

So here he is, showing anyone who refuses to acknowledge his royal status exactly what punishment (...or reward, depending on your point of view) they will be in for.

KKoopaBowDown

Link: http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/riproarrex/Cartoons/KKoopaBowDown.png

RRRex

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
  • 10-02-2007 7:12 PM In reply to

• Sprotchymon
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Imma chargin mah lazor!
    • Posts 41

Re: Bow Down to Your King

This piece is impressive... it just doesn't impress me. I know exactly why I'm not drawn to this, but I'm not going to count that against you. You've transposed your style very well... after all this time I still can't decide whether I like Classic (Koopa) or Modern (Bowser) better... maybe it's no longer right to compare the two since they're so different now. At least Koopa knows the benefits of good posture.

I wish I could be more active here, but I'm too busy drawing furry for Concession to draw scaly here...
    Thread for Comissions (Nothing to show for it yet, but I doodle every day to build confidence)
  • 10-02-2007 8:27 PM In reply to

I already posted my reply at macrophile about this, but still....I'm want to post again!^^
    Its super-cali-fragalistic-expi-ali-docious! Hehehe!^^! I really like how you draw him!^^! Your soo good in drawing...>.>!

You can look at some of my drawings, click here.^^:
  • 10-02-2007 10:48 PM In reply to

GRRRRRRRRRREAT!!! Woot Excellent pic you did, RRex! Big Smile

Next, he will say "I want my feet licked!". So then, *licks, licks, licks* Stick out tongue

I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...
    I love their paws too! Stompyclaw

• 10-03-2007 5:42 AM In reply to

Sprotchymon:

This piece is impressive... it just doesn't impress me. I know exactly why I'm not drawn to this, but I'm not going to count that against you.

...er.... would you care to share that reason? Lol! Smile I don't mind criticism, but what you've just said doesn't actually give me anything to go on. If it's something like "it looks the same as a lot of your other ones", well yeah, it is the same pose, but to be honest I love that pose so much I just want to see every character like that! Stompyclaw

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

• 10-03-2007 3:16 PM In reply to

• Sprotchymon
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Posts 41

Well, ya see... if I want the descriptor "sprotchy" to be widely used/accepted, then I can't be the sole judge of what constitutes sprotchiness. As it stands, my personal preference is for something with less... shape. Less... definition. Kinda like this:

We don't need no steenkin' paws! This is closer, except the more the toes stand out, in either length or splay, the less I like it. Finally there is the extreme opposite to your style, as seen in Pokemon...

This was the first definition of "sprotchy" in my mind, and it pretty much remains the ideal. Yes, it's wholly unrealistic, but...it's what appeals to me most. It's how I want to draw it all the time.

I wish I could be more active here, but I'm too busy drawing furry for Concession to draw scaly here...
    Thread for Comissions (Nothing to show for it yet, but I doodle every day to build confidence)
  • 10-03-2007 5:48 PM In reply to

Ah. I think I get it now.

Well therein lies the fundamental difference in tastes then, because even though I know my style is still cartoony, I prefer a slightly greater level of realism, definition and detail than the pictures you supplied. Plus, I absolutely love toes. Flexed, splayed, curled up or whatever, I absolutely love them. So I suppose that means I'm technically not a 'sprotchophile' in your strict definition.

Wink Oh well, at least that clears it up for me! Lol!

RRRexBoardSignature

• 10-03-2007 6:46 PM In reply to

• Sprotchymon
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Posts 41

We can stomp if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    'Cause your friends don't
    stomp and if they don't stomp
    Well they're no friends of mine...

A-hem! What I mean is, any pawslut or clawslut can call themselves a sprotchohile, even if they have different definitions of sprotchy. It's a signal of approval! And I'll always approve of your awesome art, bulbous toes or not! (insert huge cheesy smile here)

• 10-03-2007 10:11 PM In reply to

Wow, I wonder if Koopa can see me bowing way down here.  He look soooooo big in that pic, I'm not sure he can see me!  ;)  Another wonderful, spoogeriffic pic, Rex!  :)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 10-06-2007 3:06 AM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Hm? King? A post by Ramsis?
    Oh, no. Better. Smile

And yes, there certainly is a similarity... but Rexar wins. Depite me liking the soft cuddly olivegreen better than the screaming red usually on scalies.

Nice.

• 10-06-2007 12:44 PM In reply to

Blue:

Hm? King? A post by Ramsis?
    Oh, no. Better. Smile

...that bit had me a little confused, but whatever... Big Smile Lol!

Blue:

And yes, there certainly is a similarity... but Rexar wins. Depite me liking the soft cuddly olivereen better than the screaming red usually on scalies.

Nice.

Lol! Thanks, Blue!

RRRexBoardSignature

• 11-06-2007 6:33 PM In reply to

INCOMING!  Stomp on me all you want, I bow to only kings that are 100% dragon......  Smile  I shall say though nice picture of King Koopa.  You know.... if he was red and removed a bit here and there, it would could be Rexar.  Cool   Are they brothers? Wink

The Power of One. It begins with believing and it starts in the heart and flows thought the soul and changes the world.
  • 11-07-2007 12:42 PM In reply to

As I said in the first post, the similarities hadn't passed me by! Smile Lol!

I'm not very fond of this picture anymore. I think I could've done a much better job with it really. I'm considering doing another King Koopa pic soon, once I get my stinky university essays out of the way... Sad

RRRexBoardSignature

• 11-08-2007 9:18 AM In reply to

What?  It looks great to me.  But if you want to make King version 2.0 go for it!

The Power of One. It begins with believing and it starts in the heart and flows thought the soul and changes the world.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.