in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Is it over?

Last post 07-11-2007 7:59 PM by Dinosorceror. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2007 10:15 PM

Is it over?

So, I heard there was a con in the East(tm) that a lot of people went to...like what happens every year this time.  :)  Unless it's changed name again, I believe it's Anthrocon, and I also believe it's run by an old friend of mine, Kagemushi, so bein's that it's run by a macrophile, there has to be tons of stomps, right?  :)

Well, let's have it...how about some con reports?

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 07-11-2007 11:53 AM In reply to

• Karo
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2007
    • Lemoore, California[but home is Ohio]
    • Posts 49

Re: Is it over?

I went and will soon have a couple macro shots of some fursuiters in stomping pose, if the pics came out all right [I was usung a throw away] I met Blue there and I believe Kurra if I remember correctly.

got Paws?
  • 07-11-2007 1:48 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Damn right he did. Smile

I was surprised how macro and pawslutty the con was. And that I met 17 in total that I know from Faibanx MUCK. Big Smile

I would have loved it though if the con would have actually lasted until monday, with at least the main hangout area, internet access, pinboard and stuff, to be able to hang out with folks that were too busy at the dealer tables or panels or stuff during the main days or that one simply lost sight of in all the vastness.
    But everything was gone or just being closed by the early morning, and everyone was leaving.

Apart from that it was great though, met so many lovely nice folks.
    I apalogize for not having been as bouncy as I would have liked to be due to quite a cold (note: Northwest is very economical with the water they hand out on their flights) and likely having forgotten a thousand nice things I still wanted to do with or say to folks. Please fogive me, I am still being easily overwhelmed by so many great folks being around.

And hey, I even sketched a bit again. Now I just need to wait until I get my paws on a furry-owned scanner once again...

• 07-11-2007 7:59 PM In reply to

Well, you should know better than to be surprised.  :)  It's run by a macrophile and there's a significant cluster of them there.  I still say there's more than enough of a community (and about 50x the community if you include human macro stuff) to host a friggin' macro con.

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.