in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Raptor's Feet & Sickle Toe

Last post 08-12-2007 6:01 PM by Patch. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2007 1:42 PM

Raptor's Feet & Sickle Toe

I made a topic like this back at Giran's forum and were surprised about some people's opinion on it. But anyways, for the scaly feet fanatics here, including myself, who here likes raptors' feet and its sickle toe? What do you like about it? What do you don't like about it? Speak yo mind! lol

• 08-01-2007 2:52 PM In reply to

Re: Raptor's Feet & Sickle Toe

*looks at his foot and flicks third toe up and down* hmmm well i like it since its so powerful and so dinstinctive and big
    Fastest thing alive
  • 08-01-2007 7:36 PM In reply to

I'm a preferrer of plantigrade feets myself, but I've seen anthro raptor feet that are still besickled that I like.  Can't recall the name of the anthro raptor...hrm.  Turquoise?  Teal?  Naw, can't think of it.

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 08-01-2007 11:04 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

*stomps Dino flat once again and will forgive him for not having realized he does not have real sickle claws although it is all he ever looks at, because he is so tiny and its probably hard to see from 1 millimiter size*

As soon as he starts on fixing or working around some of the forum software glitches. Stick out tongue

But... well Faibanx is so full of raptors we just yesterday almost had five at once at the square. And none of us can complain about little interest in our feet, so... yes. And I think we are all more or less digitrade. Blue StompyClaw

• 08-02-2007 11:07 AM In reply to

Dinosorceror:

I'm a preferrer of plantigrade feets myself

I think I'm with Dino on that one. Probably cos I'm a crush fan and I find it easier to appreciate how the weight is being applied when it's just the plantigrade joints.

Dinosorceror:

I've seen anthro raptor feet that are still besickled that I like.  Can't recall the name of the anthro raptor...hrm.  Turquoise?  Teal?  Naw, can't think of it.

Ah yes, Teal, that was it. I think he was one of the moderators on Magma Cave Six...

Lol!! Big Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
  • 08-02-2007 12:04 PM In reply to

Raptor feet are awesome with a capital oar, and mostly because of how powerful they look. In my opinion the folded, tensed digitigrade leg structure looks far stronger and more agile than a straight-legged, flat-footed humanoid leg. It looks tense and ready for action, like it could launch straight into a jump and not have to bend further, like a straight-legged creature would have to. And the foot itself emphasises all the best parts when it's digitigrade - the broad, spready toes and ball are accentuated as they lie against the ground, pushed flat under the raptor's weight, while the shapely arch and heel are lifted up and put on permanent display for anyone lucky enough to be behind them. And that big curved sickle claw...! Aside from giving the raptor an excuse to sexily kill things with its feet, that claw just screams of power and dominance. Even if the animal in question wasn't a man-sized dinosaur that could easily out-muscle-mass you, with one of those huge great hooks on each foot it could slice and dice you without really exerting itself.

So yes, in my humble tyrannosaur opinion, digitigrade feet >>> plantigrade ones - and raptor ones especially so.

Filed under:
  • 08-02-2007 1:13 PM In reply to

• Ahastar
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Nürnberg, Germany
    • Posts 37

Digitigrade. Seriously, SERIOUSLY digitigrade. That freaking 4-ton-scale-armored claw paw in all its sturdy, powerful, godlike predator-dominance steadily lifted with the bony heels off of the ground while the front beams out to a broad sprinter-ball connected to razor claws, tendons hard as steel and muscles that catapult the creature attached to it through the air in a hunter's snarl?

Sign me up please!

These appendages are mother nature's most fascinating work of art. Add some coarse, rough padding to the mix and you find this here raptor in heavon.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours..."
    - Stephen F. Roberts -
  • 08-02-2007 11:51 PM In reply to

• maksio5
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2007
    • Poland
    • Posts 21

well lets see...digitigrade for sure, and all the others said I guess. Raptors are fun yeah, even though I do prefer nice 3 toes, like rexes have. Dunno why, I just do.
    Always knew i didn't belong in this world. I wasn't made for this. But I'll never forget- those who betrayed me, and those who never failed my trust. I'll be carrying nothing but this lesson: never trust anyone and rely on your instincts. Forget the past. I'll never find peace here. So, I'll seek justice for myself. I'll choose the truth I like.
  • 08-03-2007 11:11 AM In reply to

I like everything! Simple enough. Raptors are hot!
  • 08-04-2007 12:32 PM In reply to

• Talon
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2007
    • Posts 9

Raptors are some special kind of predators. T-Rexes and predators with similar sizes kill with brute force, raptor`s are also deadly, but with a certain kind of elegance. The coordinated pack attacks, the precise tackling... it`s like a dogfight between the US F-4 Phantom II and the soviet MiG-21. Brute force versus agility.

The raptors feet play the most important role here, because THEY are the weapons a raptor kills with. And because of their techniques, raptor feet just rock! Hell yeah!

• 08-11-2007 4:12 AM In reply to

Yeah! *raised his claw*

I love raptor feets too! They looks absolutly facinating.

• 08-11-2007 11:12 PM In reply to

Although had I the choice I'd keep both feet off the ground and be flying =D

ahh but that's just me.

So sayeth the Humie luver.
    ->
    Flappy panel gearbox, 4000 quid?, you'd have to have a flappy panel head!
  • 08-12-2007 11:16 AM In reply to

• Patch
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 46

Although plantigrade paws (when done right) are very often just as appealing in the throes of... well, you know... Digitigrade paws tend to have more value just on-face (pun intended) because they naturally have more poise and tension, and are also less reminiscent of straight-up primate peds, which, I think most of us can agree, are bile-stirringly revolting. In the macro world, all complaints of surfacearea are null and void, so by simple observation of aesthetics, I'd place digitigrade a rung above, especially with raptors; aren't they anthro enough already?

As for the inside-sickle, I'd say I'm definitely partial. It adds more tension to the overall appearance, and accentuates the ball a little better, which, when put in the context of crush or even normal footplay, is pretty goddamn important.

The last thing I want to do before I die is pull the trigger.
  • 08-12-2007 3:42 PM In reply to

Hrm, you make some good points, Patch...

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 08-12-2007 6:01 PM In reply to

• Patch
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 46

I'm gunna guess that it was really the pun that actually won you over, Dino. ^^
    The last thing I want to do before I die is pull the trigger.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.