in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Jurassic Force (villain supergroup)

Last post 03-16-2008 7:16 AM by Blue. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-13-2007 4:27 AM

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Jurassic Force (villain supergroup)

- the journal of Jurassic Peril about the Jurassic Force supergroup, and a place to chat about it -
    (since the message of the day that the game features is way too small for such a talkative dino)

So this is me, I go by the 'name' of Jurassic Peril since some misfortune had me end up not only in Paragon City but also in its prison, where Arachnos pulled me out for the dog knows why and told everyone they were there for me. Yeah. Great. There went my chance of slipping out of that big misunderstanding, and they dragged me to off to that ugly foggy rogue isles filled with scum. I did ponder just punching them in the face but since everyone would think I am a really big number with them if they do that whole prison break for me, I thought I had no choice but to go with them. For now. I guess that organisation just sucks so much that they have to recruit their people like that.

So... the Jurassic Force. Well stuck in that scumbucket with criminals all over, some of which had interesting stuff though, I thought I might just as well take what I can use of it to make the world a better place. For reptiles at least, that is. Taking from the not-supposed-to-be-rich, and whomever I have to punch to get what I feel like I could need, it never hits someone who didnt deserve it. Boy what scum I saw there. Disgusting. I could tell you stories...
    Anyway, I found I could use a base. And since all teleportation around must be registered (makes you wonder why one would overthrow the authorities, just to create a new bureaucracy, not? I guess it just pays better.), I registered this 'supergroup' thing. Got my private and secure teleport access though to that little base I had found suitable, and old temple quite a bit underground that I had stumbled upon when researching the origin of that snake creatures that were all around the isle that Arachnos brought me to. I installed a teleporter, cleaned it out, concealed the entrance as good as it would go, and made it my home, making at least this little bit of the world a place I like better.

Maybe I'll put up some screenshots here of it later, We'll see.

As I made my way though that scum-filled world, gathering stuff that I can use for my new base and fighting off poeple that were trying to get the better of me, I met a few nice folks after all though that shared my ideas, and we became so much as friends, some of them even wanting to support any plans that make the world less scummy and more reptile-friendly, and we joined forces.

Together we are the Jurassic Force.

Me.

• 10-13-2007 6:15 AM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Re: Jurassic Force (villain supergroup)

JP   Saturday, october 13th

Inspiration Collector added to base

Well there we are, having a little cute base now, in that old temple. I hope you all enjoy it, especially the fire and the nice warm places to laze around it. : )
    I came across that artefact that can store inspirations, and after came to a consent with other group members that it is extremely useful, especially at low levels, I thought we shall have it. I saw tech versions of it on the black market already, but they were all noisy and beeping around annoyingly all the time that a sane brain can go mad about it. So although we may still switch at some time later, for now I took the bargain while it was available and had some hands dig it out. The base salvage stuff had to be reorganized and the rack traded in order to fit it in though, so please excuse that everything is a bit messy and there's junk all across the floor... I'll have it reorganized as soon as possible, I promise, but I think that inspiration collector is a bigger gain right now.
    So... just keep that bits of salvage in your backpacks or put it into your lockers or something, just keep it with yoru personal stuff so it downt get lost in the mess until everything is tydied up a bit again. If you need to research something you can use the table there at the entrance, I think I put eveything from the salvage for that into that corner, microscope and diagnostic thingy and that...

I'll at any rate try to keep you up to date with everything here. I think we can expand further south from the entry room, there are some old industrial basements we could make a breakthrough into to store more tech stuff as we gather it, move the spacy inpirattion artefact over to or even replace it for a tech one if those prove to be more suiting to our needs, put the salvage back in where it was, and then slowly plan for teleporters or med bay. Oh, and that littel outpocketing behind the salvage, and now behind the artefact, is supposed to hold a little generator I saw on some hightech webpage, once we can get our paws upon one. But salvage comes first I guess.
    You're of course free and encouraged to discuss that! It is our base now after all....

• 10-14-2007 10:17 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

JP   Sunday, october 14th

We have a little human helper in the group now, goes by the name of Tarry, loves reptiles, and will do anything for us and our cause as I understood it. I know we dont usually stick with those kind, but he seems truely devoted, brings in ressources happily, and Kinrak says he is a good shot deals quite a punch in combat with his guns and gadgets. Maybe he'll even become one of us physically one day, and he says he wont annoy us with his worshipping too much and not expect to be allowed around our places where we laze so I guess he's fine. So please dont eat him, ok?

New meat.

I also think we will have one of these medical teleporters up and running soon, I got my paws on a really shiny and new one that some now not so happy crooks stole from a shipment meant for a hospital in Paragon city. Brand new and not even unboxed, nothing like those dirty things you might find in the ruins of the hospital around these crappy isles but really good and reliable high tech. I just need to get some more cash to buy that generator thingy I mentioned to power it. Not quite sure on the whereabouts of our new 'medical bay' yet, though you likely noticed we had a breakthrough in our room layout. ; )

• 10-14-2007 10:35 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Tarry   Thank you so much you graceful and mighty beings.

Yes, not being eaten would be very much appreciated. Though I am sure it would serve you splendid ones too in nourishing you for a while, I would rather prefer to help actively, and for a much longer time. I will try not to get in the way and just bring in ressources for your cause or whatever you please to do with them, and not bother you if you dont like a human close to you. I can understand. Just being allowed to help you is enough for me. Of course, if anybody would want me to be closer around him, to do ANYthing for him- or her, ...
    Well, uh, I guess I am a gunner. Allow me to be your humble minion if you need firepower, and to drag along stuff for you if you dont.

• 10-16-2007 9:39 AM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

JP   Tuesday, october 16th

Medical Reclaimator up and running.

Well with the help of some new scaly fellows I ran into, we finally managed to get that generator up so we now officially have a working medical bay, AND the inspiration dispenser. So you can be teleported to our base when your vital signs drop, replenish your inspiration, and hop back to almost hwere you were via our entry teleporter. Should be a very useful combination especially to low-level characters. The med bay doesnt look like much, admitted, but I assure you that it is safer, and at any rate cleaner, than what they call hospitals on these ugly islands.

And before some of you wonder where all the cache is going or suspect I have a good time with or waste it, here's a little rough overview. Cash and stuff put into our base is currently totalling at about 220K, some 45% of which went into the rooms, 50% is equipment, and like 5% are the total 'decoration'. Like those stairs that prevent you from stumbling all the time and things you sit or laze upon and all:

- rooms 100,000
    - equipment 110,000
    - decoration 10,210

< And here go some screenshots soon. If I dont get to lazy. >

• 10-22-2007 6:57 AM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

JP   Monday, october 22nd

What to go for from here?

Well thanks to you all, our little base of operataions is pretty neat as it is now. Thank yous. As for what to go for now... well I browsed a lot of technical manuals and other info, and you all likely have heard of the possibilities to hack into other bases' transporter frequencies and raid them for powerful artefacts we sure want to get our paws on, but all that costs millions. (actually starts at 1.305 millions I just calculated, if we want to keep the reclaimator, 1.245 otherwise if its allowed, at the loss of the lazing room as one needs eight 2x2 rooms, and without even options for defenses, thus leaving the base PvP-activated and open for folks to hop in and trash the equipment)
    So for now, I think we shall want to go for a teleporter bay that prevents us from having to walk for miles on that hard to navigate island crap. I also dug through the real estate bureau's plans of the surrounding and think we could fit it in just fine by using some old foundataions around and adding bits in between without having to tear down anything that's been used in the past decade or having to blow away the granite rock of the island. So here goes the detail and the financial issues. Please comment if you feel like it.

To get up a running teleporter we need to build one into a teleporter bay, and attach beacons to the areas to go to.
    A suitable room that can house more than one beacon should cost us 150,000, the beacons are rather cheap I recall.

The teleporter itself cannot just be bought, I double and triple checked all sources and channels, it has to be created.
    Since the medium worktable doesnt offer it in its list, we shall need the expert version, which is 100,000.

The expert worktable needs 200 Energy and 100 Control, which is both more than the combo unit we have can produce.
    We need at least a small generator for 225,000 to power it and a mainframe for another 150,000 for the control.

To house a generator and a mainframe, or any power supply and control, we need a room for that to go in. Each.
    That will be 150,000 for the generator room and at leat 100,000 for the control room. Sounds stupid, but is fact.

So with the teleporter room and not calculating beacons or additionally needed control, ... we are at 875,000, plus 15,000 for a base salvage storage, as it will be rather annoying to carry all the stuff along once one creates tech items from the salvage one finds. And one needs MANY of that created tech stuff. I dont have the exact data yet, but something around 20 tech material plus some other tech is more than likely.

What? Isnt that more than we will ever be able to obtain?
    - No. It is a lot now, but not much in the long run. We currently have about 410K in total, 190K in cash, 110 of which were actually gained through playing, as our 15 members gave us the maximum 300K bonus (20K for each member). So we only need some 7 times as much as we played in until now, and it gets more quickly as characters gain higher levels. It should be a matter of a week or two, at most.

Cant we sell the energy/control combo unit and the Oversight room if we get control room and energy room?
    - No. The combo unit and room are only 75K together. Replacing the needed 50 of its 75 control alone would cost at least 106K.

Cant we build more of that bargain combo units then?
    - No. Only one combo unit is allowed in an oversight room. And it is the only control and energy item allowed in there.

Cant we add another oversight room then and stick one into that?
    - No. A base can only have one oversight room.

Cant we sell something else then?
    - Hardly. The medical bay and reclaimator is 60K only. The inspiration collector is 75K, but all stored inspirations would be lost. 

Cant we at least sell the expert work table again once we built the teleporter with it?
    - Perhaps. Actually, I hope so. Since the teleporter will be handled as a personal item to place, one should not need the teleporter bay yet when creating it, and neither the table once it is created and while placing it. So maybe it works with 725K total.

What can we do JP?
    - Simple. Play. In SG mode. : ) Do lots of missions. Do them in teams. Kill bosses and lieutenants.

But if I am in SG mode I get less influence I heard and I will be all poor and the world will perish and...
    - Yadda yadda yadda. Its not much at low levels, if not even no loss at all. If you really think you cannot live in SG mode find out how much it costs you and I give it back to you. (Unless you are in the high level range where you get only prestige istead of inf, I heard. I cannot afford that I guess.)
    Besides, you are getting inspirations for free in return from our collector I constantly refill, not? Smile

Oh, and before I forget it. I will have to pay some upkeep for the base in a while. That's right, Arachnos threatens to scramble the transporter frequencies and jam all high tech in a base if the registered supergroup doesnt pay 5% of its total value regularily. I think its every two or four weeks.
    Sheesh. Cutthroats. Makes you wonder what they do to non-registered hideouts, huh? But they will perish with the rest of the scum when we take over anyway, so I guess we can pay them a token for now until we are big enough to take over.

• 10-23-2007 3:44 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

JP   Tuesday, october 23rd

Everybody insane?

Well I found something really weird. Recently I knocked of the door to some house in Cap town. Actually I felt like releiving myself and only wanted to kindly ask if they'd prefer me overlooding their toilet or creating a lake in their front yard, but the humans that opened the door were all happy, exclaimed "What a cool costume!" and before I even could speak gave me an ultra cool inspiration.
    I headed out, confused, and just tried next door, nut folks there were all looking like weird spooky thinga nd amde gestures of attacking me. I punched them over, and over-used their bathroom good, but I was curious and checked taht out. Almost all people in town seemed to behave like that. So while our human helpers seem so far uneffected, I suggest you make use of that, and quickly installed us another inspiration collector for the loot. Assume the new one is a safe vault where you are not supposed to take something someone else put in there please.
    Never mind the other thingy there, it came along and can be returned under warranty without costs.

• 11-12-2007 10:20 AM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

JP   Monday, november 12th

News update

Well, it took a bit, but I wanted to get that room added first, so... here the scoop in short.

Halloween insanity is over: Daylight is back, and our collectors are full. Nice. Good work folks. Try to use the arcane one in teh main room for free-for-all, the techy as vault, and... well the last one is what I have gathered / bought while cheap to refill the free-for-all one with.

Good news on cash: Arachnos even officially doesnt take notice of a base as small as our, so there is no upkeep to pay. Yeay!

Base expansion breakthrough: That old factory floor is gonna become our generator room. If you find it too shabby and old I can get some hands to put in an all shiny and techy room for almost free, just tell me.

Big bribe about to happen: Since the entire City of X thing is now moving into NCsoft hands or something, they are gonna bribe supergroups with 20K prestige each for EVERY member in it to make them like NCsoft. Up to 150 members. I say we're taking it and then forget we ever got it. O: )

I think that was about it... oh, yes, I got off my lazy scaly rump for a bit and actually uploaded some screenshots as promised up there.
    With that, stay clean and do it well.

PS: On that prestige: You dont lose ANY influence from being in SG mode until level 25. All prestige you earn is a pure gain and NOTHING is being taken off the influence you get. Thank you.

• 12-05-2007 1:33 AM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

JP    Wednesday, december 5th

Vice Overseer wanted

Like I already announced in the message of the day, I found we should have someone who can do all the sugergroup stuff in case I'm not around once for a while (or something happens to my account or whatever). So here's how I thought that shall work. You can suggest a character you'd find cool for that, or a player if you like that shall chose one if his/her chars then, and every player can vote for one character or player (suggested or not). Winner is gonna be the character with the most votes out of the cahracters of the player who got the most votes total. If votes go to a player in general or if two chars of the winning player got enough votes to win, that player gets to chose a character who will be it. Rights are gonna be exactly the same as for the Overseer, so chose wisely.

I'll take suggestions till the end of the week (then I will post the list of those who would not mind being elected) and votes, no matter if they are for a char or player on that list or not, until the end of next.If you'd like to have a chance to do that anonymously you can ask me to ask Dino to make a poll here, otherwise just drop me a PM or mail.

• 12-10-2007 2:29 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

JP   Monday, december 10th

News update, vote

Cash rain - base update!
    With all the restige granted, we now have a main generator, a mainframe, and teleporters up and running. Thanks for the good work. I'll soon a Pillar of Ice and Fire too that allows flashback missions once we get that little extra cash that it still lacked.

Vice Supergroup Head vote
    The following characters of/and players have been suggested:

character: player:
    Desert Shark Jenn / Tainted Shade

You can still vote for any one character or player until the end of the week.

Oh, and we got one free slot for a storage, so tell me what you think it should be, if anything. If you have any suggestions or requests or comments in general you can still speak up here or wherever.

• 12-19-2007 10:29 AM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

JP    Wednesday, december 19th

Voting over

Desert Shark is it. Congratulations.

And so those who still come around dont think I wasted the money needed for a 1,350,000 inf 5x5 teleporter room or something in things that are not needed (any comments on what we need are STILL welcome), here's a list of what's sunk in our base again:

- rooms 600,000 (41.7%)
    - equipment 815,000 (56.7%)
    - decoration 23,720 (1.6%)

Thanks a lot and happy holdiays to you all.

• 03-16-2008 7:16 AM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

JP   Sunday, march 16th

Base complete, pillars?

Well the base is so far completed as I think it can get, I added the Grandville beacon today and it thus only lacks the one for the Rikti Warzone, for which in return we only lack the badge upon that Rikti ship that you can only get when the shields are down, which they sadly never are when I am online.

Since I think that is all then and nobody ever made any comments whatsoever I dont know what else we should need.

I experimentally added some pillars today, see if you like them / want more / think they look dumb / take up space / dont fit / whatever. There's a screenshot in the CoX section of the photos.

JP

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.