in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Aleihr: Viking Huskarl

Last post 01-06-2008 3:21 AM by Dinosorceror. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-30-2007 7:53 PM

Aleihr: Viking Huskarl

For those who don't know, huskarls are basicly Viking knights. They were well trained and experienced soldiers who could provide for themselves very well. In fact in order to be knighted a huskarl, the warrior was required to own his own chainmail hauberk and a gold inlaid sword.

But this pic isn't completed yet and still needs colored. I thoughted I'd show you guys the progress anyways.

And as much as I like being critiqued, I'll point out the obvious mistakes I noticed so that no breath is wasted. And of caurse I'll fix them:  Shade in his scales more. Darken his nostrils abit so they are more visible. More shade work to his lamellar vest so that the plates look more like iron. And add shields on the side view longship.

(Edit: Old file deleted. Scroll down a few posts to see the pic.)

• 10-30-2007 10:57 PM In reply to

Re: Aleihr: Viking Huskarl

Pose seems a bit awkward, but otherwise loving the build and the detail!

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 10-31-2007 8:35 AM In reply to

Yeah I forgot to mention that I started this pic about a year ago, but ended up putting it aside for other things.

• 11-03-2007 7:57 AM In reply to

Great Picture!  I wish I could draw like that.  I like everything but how the feet and legs are.  The right leg on this Knight seems longer then the left.  I would say almost one foot more.  Yes, I know drawing dragon legs is not easy I have tried many times to draw dragon legs and feet only to fail every time.  Yours looks great other then the length of one of them. Everything else is really nice and balanced.  Coloring would make it look much more cooler!  Can't wait to see the finished product.  Cheers!  Big Smile

The Power of One. It begins with believing and it starts in the heart and flows thought the soul and changes the world.
  • 11-04-2007 3:21 PM In reply to

Thanks. I wish I was able to fix the leg, but with all the work already done, there was nothing I could do really.

Anyways here's Take Two of the grayscale.

Filed under:
  • 11-04-2007 8:14 PM In reply to

I understand, but I would like to say Nicely Done!  The extra work really increased the detail to knight.  I also love the addition to the belt.  I belive it is a dagger.  It looks great!  Whistling

The Power of One. It begins with believing and it starts in the heart and flows thought the soul and changes the world.
  • 11-07-2007 7:44 PM In reply to

I'm writing this pic off as complete because I've gotten advice that this pic is too good for color, that it might ruin it.

Also DP, its a dark age knife used most often by the Vikings known as a scramaseax. The blades range from a domestic size of 4 inches, to about 16 inches which is suited more for fighting and survival.                

• 11-08-2007 9:32 AM In reply to

I always love facts!  Mmmm... I can see what the advice might be right.  There is to much detail that coloring wouldn't go over to well.  I don't know many that would color this type of artwork.   But it is great B&W anyways.

• 01-04-2008 11:19 PM In reply to

Now in color!!! Thanks to my mate, Skylamiat, for pushing me into it. ^ ^

• 01-06-2008 3:21 AM In reply to

Well, I'm glad you were pushed, as it looks great in colour!  :)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.