in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Hux - Dispelling the Myth

Last post 11-16-2007 5:24 PM by Dinosorceror. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-13-2007 7:29 AM

Hux - Dispelling the Myth

Hi peeps - RipRoarRex here. Finally I'm getting some artwork done again after finishing my stupid university essays! Hurrah!

This one might seem a bit of an anomaly when compared to most of my online work to date and indeed the majority of content on this site, but I've decided to post it here anyway. It has always struck me that elephants, despite being the largest land-roaming creatures of the present day, don't seem to feature heavily (ha-ha) in the macro community. The impression I get is people either see elephants as not very appealing to look at or generally see their feet as rather boring objects. I believe however that it's the simplicity of the elephant foot that makes it appealing - as a crush fan, there are few animals with more uncompromising crushing tools than elephants. Hence, my elephant, Hux!

This is the first time Hux has appeared in public but I've been drawing elephants on-and-off for a good few years now. I know there are other elephant fans out there because I've spoken to a few of them, so this is for that neglected collective of elephant stomp fans, though hopefully it might interest a few other people as well. Smile For those of you that aren't elephant fans however, no worries - I've got plenty of sketches on the way involving scaly feet too... Wink

Hux prepares to demonstrate that the concept of elephants being afraid of rodents is most definitely just a myth:

http://lavadomefive.com/cs/photos/riproarrex/images/1353/original.aspx

RRRex

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
    Filed under: , , ,
  • 11-13-2007 11:25 PM In reply to

Re: Hux - Dispelling the Myth

Interesting observation...and sexy picture.  :)  I'd like to see more anthro elephants myself...they'd have feet like an anthro apatosaurus in my mind, and I think those are some of the sexiest feet.  :)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 11-14-2007 2:42 AM In reply to

I'm not really a fan of anthro-elephants. I just find elephant heads look really clumsy placed on top of anthro bodies.

(And that's of no insult to the Hindu community. Wink )

Lol!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
  • 11-14-2007 6:48 AM In reply to

Dinosorceror:

Interesting observation...and sexy picture.  :)  I'd like to see more anthro elephants myself...they'd have feet like an anthro apatosaurus in my mind, and I think those are some of the sexiest feet.  :)

I'm not so sure about the elephant feet, but I do like thinking about using their trunks for a variety of purposes.  I usually think about using it for more vore-like purposes.  But I did like the things you could do as Ganesha (the elephant character in Bloody Roar 3) to the other anthros.  Heck, maybe even use his trunk to satisfy some sort of paw fetish... (begins to think erotic thoughts) 

• 11-14-2007 7:04 AM In reply to

• Haxx
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2007
    • Posts 12

Interesting Picture, I have to admit I don't think ive ever seen elephant art here either.  That rat in that picture though reminds me of someone who goes on faibanx though as he is also a rat as well LD5 

• 11-14-2007 10:35 AM In reply to

Haxx:

Interesting Picture, I have to admit I don't think ive ever seen elephant art here either.  That rat in that picture though reminds me of someone who goes on faibanx though as he is also a rat as well LD5 

Are you talking about Savant?  I haven't seen him in... forever.  Any news? 

• 11-15-2007 11:09 AM In reply to

• Sprotchymon
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Imma chargin mah lazor!
    • Posts 41

That's our RipRoarRex! An equal-opportunity destroyer. No species left behind... or in this case, spared. I will agree with you on the simplicity - the way I see it, it's a perfectly good leg... and then it just ends. No real definition, just a big ol' cylinder. The average anthro-elephant's best quality, in my humble opinion, is its girth. And done properly, fatness can be just as appealing as stompyness. Heck, sometimes a macro's gut makes a darn good, uh, "dubya-emm-dee."

I wish I could be more active here, but I'm too busy drawing furry for Concession to draw scaly here...
    Thread for Comissions (Nothing to show for it yet, but I doodle every day to build confidence)
  • 11-16-2007 11:06 AM In reply to

• Giran
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Italy
    • Posts 30

I'm an elephant's foot fan too! I love elephants, they are very exciting characters but it's very rare to find some art about them! And i love to find also Anthro-elephant too, i love them like Dino! It's a little dream but i hope that RRRex can change his idea and give us toons of stomps and foot-fetish arts with Hux in anthro form Angel
  • 11-16-2007 12:11 PM In reply to

• Haxx
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2007
    • Posts 12

Yakitate:

Haxx:

Are you talking about Savant?  I haven't seen him in... forever.  Any news? 

Yes I was talking about Savant.  Last I heard from him work was keeping him real busy and has less time to spend on the muck Sad 

• 11-16-2007 5:24 PM In reply to

I do agree that anthro elephant heads are usually done way too huge, but I do think they look okay when proportioned properly.

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.