in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Last post 06-24-2007 11:40 PM by Dinosorceror. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-18-2007 4:50 AM

Okee, what are the limits on avatar size?  How big -- dimensionally -- can an avatar be?

I ask because I tried uploading my avatar.  But it didn't appear.  After that, I remote linked it from my download.lavadomefive account.  However, it still doesn't appear.

? 

• 06-18-2007 6:18 AM In reply to

Re: Avatar...?

Seems a lot of people have been having trouble with their avatars. I don't think the upload system is working properly at the minute. If you've got an avatar stored online, putting in a link to that will work. I'm sure the admin already know about the problems though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
  • 06-18-2007 8:51 AM In reply to

And I just got it to work...  And heh, silly me -- big dragon with all left feets. :D  I hadn't clicked the little circle that said "Yes" on "Activate Avatar."

Gee, does this thing come with lessons for stupid people? :D 

• 06-18-2007 2:25 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

No, there really seems to be something fishy with uploading an avatar.
    Sometimes it works. Sometimes though... *shrugs*
    The entire philosophy of the software updating things is a bit conusing though. Yet. Plain
  • 06-18-2007 7:22 PM In reply to

Really?  I didn't think it was a problem with the uploading process per se; I thought it was confusion between the "Update" and "Save" button or some'n...

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 06-19-2007 2:46 AM In reply to

• KDS
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Posts 5

It seems the maximum size of an avatar is. 79 x 79 pixels. Almost 80 pixels.

Known as Dragonstomp. (Just needed a change in name for the new forum.)
  • 06-20-2007 6:05 PM In reply to

• Sprotchymon
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Imma chargin mah lazor!
    • Posts 41

Worked fine on this end, once I gave up on the smallish GIF I use for AIM, and made this cutesy JPG by cropping a small collection of Poke-fied Kirbys. 80x80 seems OK!

(But no GIFs means no animated avatars... but the flashy forum software has enough motion already!)

NINJA EDIT: Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! RipRoarRex did it! (No doubt via the handy Offsite Link function...) 

I wish I could be more active here, but I'm too busy drawing furry for Concession to draw scaly here...
    Thread for Comissions (Nothing to show for it yet, but I doodle every day to build confidence)
  • 06-20-2007 6:15 PM In reply to

Indeed! Lol! Linked up from my trusty Photobucket Album. Only problem is it reduced it from 100xsomething to 80xsomething, but that was to be expected.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
  • 06-20-2007 11:31 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Well it DOES work with gif. Even in upload mode. You should see to it it being 80 x 80 (or maybe 79 x 79 as someone said) pixel then unless you want a REALLY ugly blur, and not expect transparency to work. Dont know if animation will. It all works fine though with an (offsite?) linked avatar. (mine is linked from my LD5 ftp as you can see).

As far as I understood so far, on has set 'enable avatar', select the file, then update, then save, and then hope.
    And maybe wait quite a while to see the result.

Filed under: ,
  • 06-21-2007 1:21 PM In reply to

Yeah uploading from the net seems to be easier. I just uploaded mine from my Photobucket Album.

• 06-24-2007 9:56 PM In reply to

• Patch
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-16-2007
    • Posts 46

Might I ask whether that's the max for a reason/whether that could be changed? I am rather a fan of 100x100-icons.

'Cuz I spent a while coming up with the cryptic thing you should see to the left, and was irked at the constraint-like constraints. I'd love if the size could get bumped up... Pwitty pwese?

The last thing I want to do before I die is pull the trigger.
    Filed under: ,
  • 06-24-2007 11:40 PM In reply to

I don't think there's an easy switch to throw for avatar size, but I'll certainly look into it.  :)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.