in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Skyra's Peak

Last post 01-31-2008 6:20 PM by Dinosorceror. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2008 6:45 PM

Skyra's Peak

Howdy, fellow domers! RipRoarRex rounding off January 2008 with one more piece of art.

I've drawn a lot of my own characters in the past and up to now I've gotten round to drawing nearly all of them for the community. There is however one who predates even Rocky and Marco that I haven't yet shown everyone - Skyra the eagle.

It's actually been about 4 or 5 years since I last drew any serious Skyra art, but having seen some pictures recently that really got me in that mood again for the first time in ages, I thought it was about time I gave it a go. I don't know where many of the macrophiles and pawfans in this community stand with avian feet and vore, though I personally have had a bit of a thing for eagles for many years - I think it's just that power of their beaks and the grasp of their talons that just makes me quiver.

Smile Lol!

Because it's been so long since I drew Skyra, it took me absolutely bloody ages to get the body proportions right, but thankfully I eventually got an angle and pose that I liked. I have to admit, once I'd got the sketch done and uploaded (in my usual cacky photo manner), I actually got the colouring and the background done surprisingly quickly by my standards. I'm especially pleased with that background too - it's the kind of dramatic mountain scenery and sunset skyscape that I've tried so often in the past andn never got right, but I think this time I finally cracked it. I do hope however that it doesn't steal the show from the majestic creature in the foreground.

And I don't mean the mouse.

Lol!

I must also point out that the mischievous little vorephile inside me - which usually stays quiet most of the time - managed to get the better of me in this one and I couldn't resist adding a mouse in Skyra's beak even though it wasn't in the original sketch. But believe me, when I used to draw this character regularly, many mice frequently found themselves in that position! Lol!

Woe betide any vulnerable little creatures who stray near Skyra's Peak. The ruler of this land catches two such victims trespassing in his domain, and he ensures that they'll never make the same mistake again...

http://lavadomefive.com/cs/photos/riproarrex/images/1805/original.aspx

RRRex

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
    Filed under: , , , , ,
  • 01-30-2008 9:30 PM In reply to

Re: Skyra's Peak

Another character? Will you do a picture for any character and animal you love? Note that, it would be nice. More characters you do, better is! Big Smile

It's a nice angle shot you did here with Skyra. And again, with nice details and nice shades. You're so hot RRRex! There's something that never change in all of your arts : all the characters you do have the same kind of glance with a little expression of agressivity and satisfaction that I truely like. A nice touch of you I must say! Laughing

It's, once again, another masterpiece of you, talented one! Big Smile

I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...
    I love their paws too! Stompyclaw

• 01-31-2008 6:20 PM In reply to

Re: Skyra's Peak

Wow, now that's something I don't think I've ever seen before.  Where's Orzel when you need 'em?  :)  You gotta tell me...where did you get the notion or desire to do eagle macro/vore?  I know a guy named Orzel who I haven't chatted with in years, but used to love being an eagle and eatin' and stompin' and gettin' the same.

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.