in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

The Pulverizer

Last post 03-09-2008 1:27 AM by Zed. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-04-2008 3:21 PM

• Ahastar
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Nürnberg, Germany
    • Posts 37

The Pulverizer

http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/ahastar/Gallery/DWS_ThePulverizer.jpg 

Did you ever see a Trex walk? It is not a silent, casual stroll. They easily lift their massive paws while they take another step forward, toes hanging limply - only to twist the foot up into an angle at lightning speed, toes spreading greedily and not stepping, but stomping down into the soil! As if they wanted to press their dominance as apex theropods into terra firma.

Diablo is just demonstrating that to Ahastar. For a while.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours..."
    - Stephen F. Roberts -
  • 03-04-2008 10:37 PM In reply to

Re: The Pulverizer

Wow, that's definitely an exciting and interesting sequence, Ahastar...and thank you for keeping it a huge JPEG so we could see all the gory detail instead of shrinking it down.  :)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 03-04-2008 10:48 PM In reply to

Woot WOW! Indeed, this sequence rocks! I got my pants a bit tight for a moment! Big Smile

What a toetally marvelous T.Rex sole you did! I love it a lot! WOW!

I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...
    I love their paws too! Stompyclaw

• 03-05-2008 2:10 AM In reply to

Saw this over on Eccentricities and I'm impressed - definitely an 'entertaining' Ahastarian sequence there. (I like that term. Dunno. Just encapsulates the style and content. Lol!)

Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
  • 03-05-2008 9:08 AM In reply to

• Ahastar
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Nürnberg, Germany
    • Posts 37

Dinosorceror:

Wow, that's definitely an exciting and interesting sequence, Ahastar...and thank you for keeping it a huge JPEG so we could see all the gory detail instead of shrinking it down.  :)

That is actually the low res version. The original sized version is here: http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/ahastar/Gallery/DWS_ThePulverizer_HighRes.jpg

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours..."
    - Stephen F. Roberts -
  • 03-05-2008 3:30 PM In reply to

• Ahastar
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Nürnberg, Germany
    • Posts 37

RipRoarRex:

Saw this over on Eccentricities and I'm impressed - definitely an 'entertaining' Ahastarian sequence there. (I like that term. Dunno. Just encapsulates the style and content. Lol!)

Smile

Thank you. "Ahastarian", yeah, I heared that term a few times by now. I guess I'll take it as a compliment. ;)

- Stephen F. Roberts -
  • 03-05-2008 7:16 PM In reply to

Ahastar: The Ray Bradbury of claw/crush fetish art.

Man I feel like I could even write an academic paper with that comparison.  What a messed up academic paper that would be.

• 03-05-2008 8:12 PM In reply to

• Ahastar
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Nürnberg, Germany
    • Posts 37

Selendro:

Ahastar: The Ray Bradbury of claw/crush fetish art.

Man I feel like I could even write an academic paper with that comparison.  What a messed up academic paper that would be.

Well, he did write http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Tales

- Stephen F. Roberts -
  • 03-06-2008 10:32 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

That's not right. even I find the image of that feet impressive.

The size makes one have to scroll which keeps one focused to one pic, which is nice, and doesnt give away anything of the ones yet to come already, which is nice. And it also makes copy / paste so very subtle. Big Smile

• 03-07-2008 1:07 PM In reply to

The more I look at this picture, the more awesome it seems to get - which is probably partially because I can't get anywhere near fitting it on my screen at once, but mostly because of all the wonderful little details you've pumped into it! Ahastar is just so completely dwarfed by the massive hulking fuck-off Rex foot he is stuck to, the little raptor head dangling and nosing the huge black rex pad! It's beautiful beyond belief.

And in the second panel Diablo is saying, BE QUIET YOU ENJOY GOING ON WALKS WITH ME!

Filed under:
  • 03-08-2008 5:13 PM In reply to

It's certainly true...you can't really compare Ahastar's work to anyone else's I've seen...he just does it so well, and so differently than everyone else.  ;)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 03-08-2008 9:11 PM In reply to

• Ahastar
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Nürnberg, Germany
    • Posts 37

Dinosorceror:

It's certainly true...you can't really compare Ahastar's work to anyone else's I've seen...he just does it so well, and so differently than everyone else.  ;)

Ah, that is very nice of you to say. :)
    Thanks.

- Stephen F. Roberts -
  • 03-09-2008 1:27 AM In reply to

• Zed
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-29-2007
    • Vienna
    • Posts 29

*bows to the master of paw-crush*

Awesome work like always, bro!

Yeah... yeah.... "Ooooh.... aaaaah" : This is how it always starts. and theres the running... and screaming
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.