in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Rexar 3-in-1 Stomp Animation: car-crushin' fun!

Last post 07-01-2007 10:20 PM by Dinosorceror. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2007 11:39 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Re: Rexar 3-in-1 Stomp Animation: car-crushin' fun!

Mrrrr... Now that is really juicy! Big Smile
    I love the playful macro evilness. I mean, I LOVE it. Really. Whistling

Great job on that one, I also very much like the clear and part comic style.

• 06-29-2007 3:03 AM In reply to

Diablo:

That's quite incredible, Rex... the amount of work that must have gone into this is pretty astounding! I can almost hear the macro and vehicle crush fans gasping in delight from here :-)

But yes... you totally have to make the next one a real video format! Half the fun is slowing the animation down and looking at it frame by frame, which is tough to do with a gif.

Ahastar:

Not if you use ImageReady to load the animation into.

It is quite framy :)

That's true. Sorry, Diablo - I take it for granted because, like Ahastar (and indeed Draconis) I have software that CAN pause, rewind, fastforward and even change the speed of .GIFs when playing them, so I suppose I forget what it would be like watching it without that capability.

I'll consider converting it soon once I find whatever it was Ahastar was talking about before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
  • 06-29-2007 3:07 AM In reply to

Dinosorceror:

*does the Curly shuffle*  That's just...incredible.  Sexy.  Incredibly sexy!  The camera angles, the animation...oh, wow.  The enjoyment of Rexar...I'm just completely melted here.  I think the angst and frustration you said you had in creating this...man, it was worth it.  It really was!  That is just amazingly gorgeous stuff!

*RRRex scratches his head upon reading "the Curly shuffle", finding it amusing yet having NO idea what it is!! Lol!

Thanks Dino! Rexar always enjoys his stomping. When you've been pounding the earth with your hot feet for a while, it's nice to press some cool metal under your warm, sticky foot-pads...

Stick out tongue Stopyclaw

Blink

...>ahem<...

Whistling

Lol!!! Thanks again, everyone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

• 06-29-2007 3:16 AM In reply to

By the way, if anyone has any of the following problems, let me know:

• Animation runs slowly (i.e. lasts longer than 38-39 seconds)
    • Frame transitions seem to 'wipe' down the screen (rather than smooth fading)
    • Animation stops at an unexpected point (there should be titles at both the start and finish of the animation)
    • Any other problems e.g. colours, trouble playing/downloading file

These are all things I have experienced at some point whilst playing this on my computer, so inform me if you have any similar difficulties.

OOH, AND THERE MAY BE AN .AVI VERSION COMING SOON, PEOPLE!! KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR IT!

RRRexBoardSignature

• 06-29-2007 12:00 PM In reply to

• Barrett
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-19-2007
    • London
    • Posts 1

Great animation RipRoarRex, if you wanted to add sound and still make it standalone like a gif, you might want to consider Blinx and Smacker or soemthing like that, stand alone movies with audio :D
    "Of all the thing's I've lost, I miss my mind the most"
  • 06-29-2007 10:06 PM In reply to

WOW! That was so cool! Great animation you did RRRex! Stopyclaw

I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...
    I love their paws too! Stompyclaw

• 06-30-2007 7:31 AM In reply to

Very awsome, I'm impressed!
  • 06-30-2007 10:18 AM In reply to

At present, I've got no plans to put sound on it (but then again, y'see, I'm one of these people who always watches this stuff with the speakers OFF)

I'll remember that though. It's more likely I'll use AVI if I'm gonna make standalone movies with audio.

RRRexBoardSignature

• 06-30-2007 4:58 PM In reply to

Hey again everyone.

Well I've created an AVI version and put it in a zipfile which Dino has kindly uploaded for me. He says he may be able to compress it better, so this may only be a temporary link, but I thought I'd put it up for those of you that want it.

http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/riproarrex/Rexar/Animations/Rexar3in1Stomp.zip

It says it's 4.89MB as a compressed zipfile. My computer originally told me it was 5.01MB but whatever! Lol! Big Smile I think the unzipped file is 19MB. Again, that's pretty huge but it's the best I can do without gettin new software (and I'm always cautious of installing anything new with codecs in it cos the last time I did that, it completely screwed up my animation software)

RRRexBoardSignature

• 06-30-2007 5:21 PM In reply to

Hmmm...downloaded, but nothing is showing up

• 06-30-2007 5:48 PM In reply to

How'd you mean, nothing is showing up?

I've just tried downloading, unzipping and playing the file, and it works fine for me...

Confused

Did you try unzipping it before playing it? I've been able to run the movie both before and after unzipping so it shouldn't really be a problem, but it depends what you're trying to play it in.

I'll wait and see if anyone else has the same problem...

RRRexBoardSignature

• 07-01-2007 2:56 AM In reply to

• Zed
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-29-2007
    • Vienna
    • Posts 29

Woah... Well, I really liked that one!

Awesome work there! Can't wait to see more of your character. I kinda like his personality and the facial expression, when he.... well.... ruins stuff ^_^

It makes him likable ;)

Yeah... yeah.... "Ooooh.... aaaaah" : This is how it always starts. and theres the running... and screaming
  • 07-01-2007 11:28 AM In reply to

Looks even better in .AVI :).  Thanks for sharing Rex

• 07-01-2007 10:20 PM In reply to

You're absolutely right, Zed...he does have a fantastic personality.  :)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.