in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

RipRoarRex's New Website

Last post 07-10-2007 11:25 AM by RipRoarRex. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2007 6:11 AM In reply to

Re: RipRoarRex's New Website

I've improved the look and organisation of the website a bit today, so now it looks more like what it'll stay like.

I did try to put in a guestbook a little while ago but it seemed to mess up the formatting of the page so I got rid of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
  • 07-03-2007 10:12 PM In reply to

Haven't checked to see the updates you made, Rexar, but I did notice one thing that's a helpful tip -- use relational links in your HTML instead of direct ones, in case you wanna show off the content locally or on a different server.  What that means is that instead having the location of a picture in the HTML be:

http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/riproarrex/rexar/gianttoesaroundyou.jpg

...just use the local reference of:

rexar/gianttoesaroundyou.jpg

That way, if the http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/riproarrex ever changes, or if you just wanna browse the HTML offline and you have your website in a folder, all the links will still work.

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 07-03-2007 11:55 PM In reply to

Ooh, thanks, I didn't know that! Lol!

I'm using Nvu 1.0 for making this site and though I do know a bit of HTML, I haven't worked much within the HTML source of my pages apart from setting up the counter. But now you've told me that, I think I'll have to give it a go.

Smile Cheers for that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

• 07-04-2007 1:06 AM In reply to

That's cool...I've actually used NVu myself recently, too.  :)

LD5
    Stopyclaw.
  • 07-07-2007 9:05 AM In reply to

RRRex, to use two words that don't exist, you are a fantabulous drawinger. Based on the critique your art has received so far, it's going to be pretty obvious that the soft stomp and anthro side of the community is the bigger one, but even from the point of view of someone who prefers their scaly stompers non-anthro and violent, your work can be frighteningly sexy.

I also want to say that at 6:00pm GMT, the revelation that Tydo is a raptor - not a non-anthro tyrannosaur - made me grin uncontrollably for several minutes and start enjoying your art a lot more. 

Great stuff, and good choice on uploading your old sketches!

• 07-07-2007 11:08 AM In reply to

Diablo:

RRRex, to use two words that don't exist, you are a fantabulous drawinger. Based on the critique your art has received so far, it's going to be pretty obvious that the soft stomp and anthro side of the community is the bigger one, but even from the point of view of someone who prefers their scaly stompers non-anthro and violent, your work can be frighteningly sexy.

Well then in continuing the trend of using non-existent words, I must offer my bestest thankitude for your comments! Lol! Wink Hopefully I can eventually produce stuff that appeals to all members of the community - when it comes to scalies, I myself am an anthro & violent fan, although I also like drawing material involving general forced footplay.

Diablo:

I also want to say that at 6:00pm GMT, the revelation that Tydo is a raptor - not a non-anthro tyrannosaur - made me grin uncontrollably for several minutes and start enjoying your art a lot more. 

Great stuff, and good choice on uploading your old sketches!

....I must admit, I'm a little confused by what exactly it was that made you grin about Tydo being a raptor? I didn't quite understand that.

Then again, maybe I'm just being thick, I dunno... Lol! Smile

RRRexBoardSignature

• 07-07-2007 2:51 PM In reply to

RipRoarRex:
    ....I must admit, I'm a little confused by what exactly it was that made you grin about Tydo being a raptor? I didn't quite understand that.

I just have this minor personality quirk where if ever I see or hear about a tyrannosaur coming to harm or humiliation, I roar in rage, despair and general anguish, then track down and trample the perpetrators to an untimely end.

As sexy as raptors are, they don't evoke the same response, for some reason, so I'm happy that your victims and dominators are as they are :-)

• 07-09-2007 5:17 PM In reply to

Rip Roar rex is scared of one raptor and that is..... me mwahahahahahah  and u should be scared to diablo *waves arms menacingly* wooooooo  

lovin the webiste RRREX i bookmarked it lol  

Fastest thing alive
  • 07-09-2007 11:07 PM In reply to

Diablo:

I just have this minor personality quirk where if ever I see or hear about a tyrannosaur coming to harm or humiliation, I roar in rage, despair and general anguish, then track down and trample the perpetrators to an untimely end.

As sexy as raptors are, they don't evoke the same response, for some reason, so I'm happy that your victims and dominators are as they are :-)

Ah. Wink Gotcha. Yep - raptors victims, rexes victors.

Big Smile

Although being tracked down and trampled sounds interesting...

Lol!

RRRexBoardSignature

• 07-10-2007 9:37 AM In reply to

Can you update your older drawings? Pleeaase?

• 07-10-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

Do you mean do new versions of them on PC?

Well... I suppose I could... it's a lot of effort though. Some of them don't look right to me anymore (especially the really old Rexar ones) so I'd end up redrawing them. I've gotta redraw them if necessary, go over all of them in pen, photograph them, upload them, make it so that I can colour them, then do blended colours. It does take a long time.

Though I may consider it with some of the better ones.

Wink

RRRexBoardSignature

• 07-10-2007 11:10 AM In reply to

"Better" ones?  That's funny.  As if there was any art on that site that wasn't ultimately spoogeriffic.  Smile

LD5
    Stopyclaw.
  • 07-10-2007 11:25 AM In reply to

Well if you're an artist, you constantly try to improve and constantly find fault in your work, especially over time. To me, I can see so many errors in my old work that some of it is embarrassing to look at. Not really the stuff on my website, but some of the old sketches I still have that I'm too ashamed to post. Newer pictures on the other hand tend to have better observation and less errors in them. New ones are pants-wetting, old ones are just pants.

Wink

So that's what I mean by "better" ones.

Oh, and thanks for the description "ultimately spoogeriffic"!!! Lol!

RRRexBoardSignature

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.