in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Big black buff dragon on a small globe

Last post 07-23-2007 3:29 AM by anstallion1and2dontexist. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2007 3:07 PM

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Big black buff dragon on a small globe

Inspired by a funny idea I had recently on Faibanx, I started something...

It was actually meant to be a very lol-y animation, and it will be it, but since I think I wont be able to finish it before heading out to Anthrocon...

Hope you are having a comfortable seat there. And that its not a bad surprise to you SC.

edit: animation went here-> http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/blue/sc-globe-ani4.zip

• 07-03-2007 7:20 PM In reply to

• Sprotchymon
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Imma chargin mah lazor!
    • Posts 41

Re: Big black buff dragon on a small globe

Looks alright, but I think you're slipping. The shading is uneven, and one of his arms looks like a... oh dear... that's not an arm, is it?

How shameful of me to forget just what your kind of humor is.

I wish I could be more active here, but I'm too busy drawing furry for Concession to draw scaly here...
    Thread for Comissions (Nothing to show for it yet, but I doodle every day to build confidence)
  • 07-03-2007 10:15 PM In reply to

Nice one, Blue!  It's like Will Wright's SimDragon(TM)!  Well, it would be if we developed the software.  And cock, cock, lookit the cock!  :)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 07-04-2007 12:19 AM In reply to

Dinosorceror:

Nice one, Blue!  It's like Will Wright's SimDragon(TM)!  Well, it would be if we developed the software.  And cock, cock, lookit the cock!  :)

Lol! I think LD5 gaming software would be the coolest stuff on the planet... even if it was some of the most confusing to the outsider!! Big Smile

Good stuff again, Blue!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RRRexBoardSignature

RipRoarRex - Creator of Rexar

Visit my new website: RipRoarRex's Realm
  • 07-05-2007 1:26 PM In reply to

oh id love to be under those paws!
    "ive spent a long time waiting in the background. but its all cool, cause im definetly back now"

tim deluxe-let the beats roll
  • 07-06-2007 10:20 PM In reply to

• Chikara
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-16-2007
    • Scotland, UK
    • Posts 12

Or under the... heh heh.

Love the art, Blue.

------------------------------------
    Wait, and hope.
  • 07-07-2007 7:33 AM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Hehehe. Well who wouldnt? Whistling

Thank yous, and I promise those who like it will laugh at the animation, while those who are afraid of SC's 'bigness' now will sadly have to cry or worse. Angel

• 07-07-2007 9:21 AM In reply to

Wow! This is really very well done Blue. To me, that's the perfect anatomical ratio for a dragon EXCEPT for the paws, which could definitely stand to be bigger.

And it looks like he's squatting on Pangaea, rather than some modern continent, so, as a prehistoric tyrannosaurs, I'm going to go and look for him.

[edit] OMG that one's not a paw.... [/edit]

• 07-07-2007 3:39 PM In reply to

Don't fall hehe .  Very well indeed, good work Blue.

• 07-14-2007 2:59 AM In reply to

Wow! X3
    Great work you did there Blue! =3
    Your Pixel-skills are definitly Amazing! :D
    Keep up the great work! ;)

--------------------------
    if "great mess" == false; {
    var "stomp" == true;
    }
  • 07-19-2007 5:00 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Well, I didnt get it to be in a nice and working format that has it play at its supposed speed and is any smaller, though... I guess you will have to download it.

But I finally finished it and here it is. Thanks a lot for inspiring me to this silliness SC. Wink

http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/blue/sc-globe-ani4.zip

• 07-20-2007 2:44 AM In reply to

Blue:

Well, I didnt get it to be in a nice and working format that has it play at its supposed speed and is any smaller, though... I guess you will have to download it.

But I finally finished it and here it is. Thanks a lot for inspiring me to this silliness SC. Wink

http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/blue/sc-globe-ani4.zip

That animation is actually quite funny! Laughing
    Great animation Blue! Wink

Though... didn't you think it was easyer by just uploading it as a Gif? Smile
    --------------------------
    if "great mess" == false; {
    var "stomp" == true;
    }
  • 07-20-2007 9:25 PM In reply to

Yeah! I can't see the video. I probably don't have the needed codecs. That's strange, because generally, I can see AVI animations. 

I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...
    I love their paws too! Stompyclaw

• 07-20-2007 11:56 PM In reply to

• Blue
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Raptorland
    • Posts 230

Thank you. Smile 

Well, I DID of course save it as a gif first, and it was fine (though a bit big to my liking with 1.1 MB still), but no matter how fast I set the framerate in the rotation, most browsers obviously think they like it better when it plays not so fast in that parts and slow them down. Which imho makes it look not half as silly and thus pointless.

I tried saving it as .mov then, which allowed to play it at that speed, but played the entire thing at that speed. And still already had 16 MB.

I asked Ahastar, knowing he does the one or other animation occassionally Roll Eyes and he said most codecs wont work with it because it must have a certian height / width for that, and made it a .mov that played right. But that had cut out frames, which again, made it look sucky.

The current format is the most basic avi that came with either my XP system or the really ancient PhotoPaint. It has no compression at all, so if it doesnt play, dont ask me why. And no, I am not happy with that format, and I didnt chose it, it was just the only thing that worked. If anybody can make it a working .something file that compresses it down to the, like, 200kb it should actually need, I more than appreciate.

• 07-22-2007 1:30 AM In reply to

*nearly coughs up a lung*  Holy crap, that's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!  :)  I'd be happy to recompress that for you, Blue.  Mmm, compress.

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.