in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

New Aleihr and Vanessa pics!

Last post 11-06-2007 5:44 PM by DragonsPeace. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2007 8:12 PM

New Aleihr and Vanessa pics!

Yep, finaly, I have gotten around to getting a new scanner after having moved 3 months ago. And I've completed a couple of pics in the time passed, many I still need to finish coloring.

So here he is, the ever friendly and heroic Norse dra'gator, Aleihr. As well as his love- the sweet, but cold and deadly Vanessa.

Filed under:
  • 10-11-2007 3:31 PM In reply to

Re: New Aleihr and Vanessa pics!

Those are just fantastic, Aleihr.  :)  Man, I sure like the chunky way you portray those two...skinny scalies ain't right!  ;)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 10-11-2007 5:26 PM In reply to

Why thank you, that's just what I was going for. I noticed how I would somehow accidently manage to make them look skinny. So I amped it up abit and made sure I wouldn't this time. 

• 10-12-2007 3:42 PM In reply to

• Patch
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 46

Some shading might do you well in the pic with Vanessa shooting the bow -- it's hard to tell as-is how close / at what angle the wall behind her is. The poise is good, but is a little clashy with the background, I'd say, what with Vanessa bein' all aggro and focused, behind her the sun is shining brightly over 100% idyllic practice-fields. I'd hafta wait to comment on anatomy until the colour is all filled in, 'cuz the half-colouredness is throwing me off right now.

Aleihr is lookin' pretty good, although I'd say the right forearm is perhaps a bit long, although the muscles on it look right, and ofcourse the converse for the other arm -- length is alright, but it's a bit too bulgy. The heels are seem slightly too broad/rounded if that is indeed supposed to be a digitigrade stance. The rest of the leg-anatomy is solid with a cool, but not overt amount of chunkiness. I also might suggest changing up the colours (atleast the arrangement of them) on the feet a little bit, because the contrast throws the way the viewer interprets the pose off slightly. Props for doing the backscales the way you did (the slate-coloured run of them) 'cuz they look awesome.
    His expression's a little hard to read because of the colour of the eye and also just the size you drew it, although you might've fully intended that, so eh.

Nice work overall, keep practicing on hands.

The last thing I want to do before I die is pull the trigger.
    Filed under: ,
  • 10-14-2007 9:17 AM In reply to

Why thank you so very much, Patch, for the compliments and critiquing. I'll be sure to keep these things in mind. As I always enjoy some helpful critiquing as long as it has a kind tone as you did.

• 11-04-2007 11:14 AM In reply to

I love the forms and the color is nice without the shadding put in.  I would how ever say that Aleihr legs are to small for the upper body and armed.  In they were a bit bigger and longer it would be great.  Love those weapons! Personal I think Vanessa weapon is so sweet I want it.  Also about Vanessa middle part of her neck doesn't shape up to match the rest of her body and head.  Well thats what I think anyways.   Now if there was shadows in these pictures it would bring out the power of them and how big the wall is.  It also seems that the wall doesn't quite match up to the ground.  Her looks like she is on wood planks.  When you finish up the coloring on her the wings she will look also better too.  Well thats my input.  Cheers!  Yes

The Power of One. It begins with believing and it starts in the heart and flows thought the soul and changes the world.
  • 11-04-2007 3:08 PM In reply to

Ah why thank you on the input, DragonsPeace. I always enjoy getting some pointers of how to improve. But besides that proportions, there are some things I need to correct that you said.

It looks like she is on wood planks, because she is. She is no macro, so the walls arn't huge, she is practicing in an archer's tower. Also anouther thing is, why would I post something so close to being finished without finishing it first. Its because it is finished, her scales are silver, and her underside is white, just as depicted.

Again, thanks for the pointers.

• 11-06-2007 5:44 PM In reply to

Duh.... the archery targets in the background... Man, I am dumb.  Oops... my bad.  Ok, I understand now....  oh... white underside... cough.. Wink    No problem here...   Whistling   I got to say you have openned my eyes.  Thanks and Great job!

The Power of One. It begins with believing and it starts in the heart and flows thought the soul and changes the world.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.