in

Lava Dome Five

Why are you here? Get to the new site!

Compyfy

Last post 01-18-2008 10:50 PM by Patch. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2008 1:53 PM

• Ahastar
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Nürnberg, Germany
    • Posts 37

Compyfy

http://download.lavadomefive.com/members/ahastar/Gallery/DWS_Compyfy.jpg

I am currently working on a major commission for a dragon. To perform it well I needed to advance my scale texturing. This speedpaint served me in training them quite well and at the same time gave me the ability to wrap up a small raptor trampling picture.

That compy down below was a raptor before as well. He didn't perform as well and worshipping as the dominating raptor demanded. One brief tour to the local shaman later and our victim raptor got turned into a 2 pound Compy. Now the games start anew!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours..."
    - Stephen F. Roberts -
  • 01-14-2008 3:48 PM In reply to

Re: Compyfy

Not quite sure what you're talking about with the scale texturing, but I sure like the picture!  :)

LD5
    Dinosorceror, Administrator
    Lava Dome Five Enterprises
    Stopyclaw.
  • 01-14-2008 4:58 PM In reply to

• Ahastar
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-17-2007
    • Nürnberg, Germany
    • Posts 37

Thank you. :)
    What I mean is the scale texture I used to paint over the raptor. If I want to do the picture for my commissioner, I need something that looks good, realistic, suits his color and works fast enough to not take me half a year.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours..."
    - Stephen F. Roberts -
  • 01-14-2008 9:49 PM In reply to

Yup, even if I'm not into crushing-to-death pics, I found it really nice! Cool

I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...
    I love their paws too! Stompyclaw

• 01-17-2008 2:57 PM In reply to

In a court of rexes, I assume Dras will plead self-defense.

• 01-18-2008 10:50 PM In reply to

• Patch
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-15-2007
    • Posts 46

It's not often that much will be exiting enough to actually make me adjust my monitor-settings to view something, but this, I'm pleased to say, is an exception.

First I'll say that the action in the picture adds to its intensity very much, seen here this was only the blink of an eye in a bloody cantation of events. You've got a way with making stuff intimate, Ahas, even though your depictions are often senselessly urgent and grandiose (urgent and grandiose are as-in the best possible ways they can be used). The jewelry speaks to the decadence, absurdity, and power of the creature above, as he, well, tramples the life out of the now helpless one below.

Inotherwords, if you can dig through my vocab-abuse from above, I mean the pic, even if not erotic to the viewer, is fucking emotional, and I think that's good.

The last thing I want to do before I die is pull the trigger.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copied Right 2473 Jurassic Phase, Inc.