Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Roleplaying anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:59 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Slight necropost, here, but I'm game. 'Up for pure kink or PG(-13?) backstory.

If you're an oldschool roleplayer the better. I'm also a bit busy lately (more energy-wise... than with actual work-in-minutes). It's been a bit since I've committed a block of time to Faibanx. I'm a fan of cutting out the sitting-there-waiting element via exchange with pm/e-mail, or forum-post. It allows for a lot more 'juice' to each bite/block of text from the other player(s). Especially with yiffy-tension, I find that idling on AOL news or whathaveyou waiting for the next multi-sentence pose from someone is a bit of a buzzkill, for me less-so than just waiting expectantly, or maybe trying to compose a line or two in anticipation. If things don't have to directly emulate realtime, the amount of foot-tapping (more boring than it might sound) is reduced.

I'll also echo what Ahas said in that some OOC planning (realtime or not) can give lend substance to actual fully-IC posts/poses.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Ouch, too truthful! :) Yeah, as nice as the huge posting RP's can be, if you got someone who's A Little Slow(tm), having to wait 20 minutes for the next pose is a reeeeeal drag.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:51 pm 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
Then again, it helps get homework done.

Not that...I know anything about that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 am 
Species: Phoenix
Selendro wrote:
Then again, it helps get homework done.

Not that...I know anything about that.

Gotta agree with you.

I generally dislike long winded roleplaying as I'm usually multitasking with various things. I feel the time spent for a ten paragraph post for a roleplay can be better spent. And plus, brevity is the essence of wit...at least in my opinion.

I'm not saying lengthy posting is wrong. It has to be done right. If it's not done correctly, it seems long-winded and very redundant.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:17 am 
Species: Dragon
I have never role-played before but I am very open-minded and more than willing to learn. It would be very fun to try it out. I'm "paimail" in skype.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:47 pm 
Species: Phoenix
Forach wrote:
I have never role-played before but I am very open-minded and more than willing to learn. It would be very fun to try it out. I'm "paimail" in skype.

I've added you on my Skype :p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:46 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Seika wrote:
I generally dislike long winded roleplaying as I'm usually multitasking with various things. I feel the time spent for a ten paragraph post for a roleplay can be better spent. And plus, brevity is the essence of wit...at least in my opinion.

Well, I tried.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 pm 
Seika wrote:
I've added you on my Skype :p

Accepted your invite. I like Skype for it's "Edit message" function. If you have typed something you can right click and edit it, fixing errors and rephrasing sentences you might have missed before sending.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:59 pm 
Destructive dragon
Did RP'ed just twice, i consider myself having no experience as twice is no experience to consider, but, im opened to RP on MSN, ICQ, and the MUCK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:18 am 
Destructive dragon
This thread is a few months dead but i still think it's better to post here then reate a new one (anyone corrects me if i'm wrong), so now staright to the point

I came here today to seek for role players, i do my RP's on IM's such as ICQ and MSN, and/or Failbanx MUCK.

a shor briefing about myself is that i'm a dominant Dragon and i try to be flexible during RP's to make it enjoyable for both me and the partner, but me prefering stomping victims does't mean i can nicer things as well.

Anyone who is interested on having some RP with me can contact me via PM, i'm eager to hear from anyone interested and good day for you! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 am 
Blackredragoness
Species: GEOGREYMON
I'm up for role playing I'm kind of a few years late but let's do it!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
*chuckles*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:32 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
WarDragon wrote:
This thread is a few months dead but i still think it's better to post here then reate a new one (anyone corrects me if i'm wrong), so now staright to the point

I came here today to seek for role players, i do my RP's on IM's such as ICQ and MSN, and/or Failbanx MUCK.

a shor briefing about myself is that i'm a dominant Dragon and i try to be flexible during RP's to make it enjoyable for both me and the partner, but me prefering stomping victims does't mean i can nicer things as well.

Anyone who is interested on having some RP with me can contact me via PM, i'm eager to hear from anyone interested and good day for you! :)

I make my RP acquaintance on MUCKs. Because you can take a look at their chars (and maybe their wixxx :whistle: ) and talk some. While IMs are no help at all running into someone you don't know yet.
According to Faibanx your character was last on 300 days ago though...