Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yes, its a new forum
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:00 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Its all pretty new and still a bit beta, but you can already test it out and discuss it here. Tell us when you find something we might have missed or that doenst work or what you think or whatever. :)

Post subject: Re: Yes, its a new forum
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:04 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Man, thank GOD we finally have a forum that works well in Firefox, the official web browser of Lava Dome Five. ;) Many thanks to Blue for nagging me enough to make this happen, and to Kearin for nagging Blue to nag me to use this, the most prevalent forum software in the universes, and stop dicking around with cheese-dick shit. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:44 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
RipRoarRex reporting for duty, sir!!

:)

Well done, you guys!! Not that I want to crap all over the previous software (certainly as I can imagine it was just as much time, money and effort to get working as this was) but I'm already liking its familiar simplicity. Let's just hope it doesn't let us down on security like the one previous to the previous one did.

Oh, and I can tell you must have been working hard to get it ready as soon as possible - you managed to get this site relaunched a full 11 hours before I completed the revamp to mine!! Lol!

Good stuff. Here's to a new era.

:up:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:09 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Ooooooooh! Shiny!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:13 am 
Magnificent Bastard
You kept the color scheme AND the shiny banner up top! You are too kind! I can overlook the similarities to the other forums I frequent right away!

I recall one complaining about the "eggshell" scheme... perhaps Blue could design a couple alternatives? Some can even have an alternate set of backgrounds and forum icons (the ones that distinguish between "new posts" and "no new posts" etc... but the default icon set is fan-dabby-fabulous, no argument there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:33 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
:worried: Uh oh...you just set off Blue enough to torment me for YEARS now. Thanks, man! ;) I'm already trying to keep him from working on the forum forever, and now you want ANOTHER style? Well, there goes my happiness. ;)

Actually, there is one other scheme that's current being developed by Tyrnn, but only to change the main forum icons. His BoomerExpress forum will undoubtedly receive visitors from more "standard" people so he wanted icons that were a little more PG-13, so I've set him up with the ability to customize the icons for just the BoomerExpress forum.

But, I did make him happy when I fixed a programming problem for him at like 3 in the morning last night, so now he really owes me giant toes and slippers.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:48 pm 
Ah-hah! And so it is! (A new forum!) And complete with blue raptor-generated pixel graphics, too, I see! (Loves the blue raptor-generated pixel graphics! - They're :nuke: :up: )

It looks damn nice, Dino (and Blue and Diablo - and whomever else had a claw in its making). And I think you'll find, too, that this forum software will be one of the most trouble-free and easiest-to-administrate software suites you have had to date. Daryn and I have had great success with Php. Also, Php has addressed every known and conceivable security issue in existence. Previous versions had a few problems with that. This one doesn't. It is as secure as it is rock solid. All in all -- for a royalty-free software suite -- is the absolute best available. And for that matter, even when compared to the for-sale varieties, it is still ranks with the best.

For sure at any rate, it looks like it is back to fast-track-city for LD5. And it is damn nice to see. Is where pony got his start, ya know!

Awesome, guys. :nuke: --> :up: <-- :nuke:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:53 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Okay. Entering this:

Code:
[html]<p align="right">Wow, look, a paragraph, sweet!</p>[/html]

Yields this:

[html]<p align="right">Wow, look, a paragraph, sweet!</p>[/html]

So, what the crap?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:19 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Well, lemme take a look in the magical settings and see if HTML is killed or something 'cause it can destroy the Internets. And we all know, according to Austin, I save the Internets. Hey, I still need to make that icon a smilie...

...and no, pretty clear that the html BBcode thingie will allow HTML between the tags. And not even a setting to turn off HTML support. Motha' even says it supports Flash crap. So dunno what to say...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:11 am 
I love footpaws!
Species: Silver western dragon
Finally! :D Good job guys (Blue, Dino and so on...) for bringing this nicer forum! It's really much better than the last one, for sure! :) I hope it will attract more people here because it was quite dead before.

Again, great job! :up: Long live :ld5: with nice :claw:! :lol:

Also, I love their feet, of course! ^^

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:56 am 
Blue Raptor
Thanks. :)

As for the [html] bbcode tag... I hacked and threw it in hastily and was too lazy to test it, sorry. I was totally new to bbcode and still dont know anything but what I found in an hour and half digging the net and googling. I may note that I anything from (including) [br] on was custom-added already, and used the same format as the [html], so I dont know why that one does not. I removed it now. Maybe we'll dig into it sometime, but until then you might have to post like everyone else for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:42 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Okay!

'Found another problem. My e-mail address isn't showing up in my profile, even though in the UCP I have "users can contact me by e-mail" checked "yes."
Anybody wanna glance at my pro and make sure I'm not seeing things?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:51 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Well, for what it's worth, I can see your E-mail address in your profile just fine. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:00 am 
Blue Raptor
That's because you are an admin.
Duh, Dino is so dumb. ;)

Anyway, problem confirmed, yes it doesnt show (for non-admins), and yes, it IS set to show. I am told there is some client communication tool in the acp but I dont have that, so you will have to wait until the speck wakes up tomorrow and feels like fixing things. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:37 am 
Guardian of Raptors
Species: Spinosaurus Aegypticus
So, now I'm here too!

Not bad the new forum, but I can't use my signatur which I'm using in other forums for years now, because the maximum image height is only 100 pixels... Anyway, at least this forum will stay longer...