Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 774 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Internet finds
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:44 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Tombfyre wrote:
Dinosorceror wrote:
Captain Paramerica? ...wow, are they way off. :)

Well, contrary to popular belief, Alaska is still part of 'Murica. Bit larger than you in comparison, that's for sure. ^^

Yeah, there is that, but I meant more in how I'm not the most patriotic of weesaurs. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:53 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Sprotchymon wrote:
Remember how folks refer to the Rampage arcade game series as "Super Building Puncher 3000"?

Holy crap, heshe's so smexy! :) I find the punching action to be a little awkward, I think he could've tweaked that action a bit better, but the graphics and funny bits are just awesome. From a game design perspective, it's refreshing to have your avatar be so large and visible so you can see reactions and relate to him more than a little cluster of 8 pixels.

Now I'ma just waiting for Roar Rampage II, where it's the same game, but from the lower half of the screen, so you're just controlling his stomping feet! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:46 am 
Sit back... enjoy the desert sun! <3
Species: Meerkat
Hmmm... I was looking through the internet and found this little pic! Sorry its not the greatest of quality image, but I think we can all see what we're looking at pretty well! :claw: :claw:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:10 am 
Magnificent Bastard
I'm surprised you don't recognize that style. That's the work of our own RipRoarRex, who got his humble start here before making it big (heh heh) on FA and elsewhere. Original image is here, context is here.

In other news, I happened upon this webcomic last month and keep forgetting to share it here. According to legend, whoever finds a piece of Fafnir's treasure hoard - which has been scattered across the four winds - can control this big red dragon for nine days and nine nights. When time is up you must relinquish the gold, and he leaves in search of the rest. Faffers has godlike powers but no imagination, so be very careful with what you ask him to do! The comic has three major story arcs so far, all of which are self-contained with supporting characters both unique and familiar. The first arc has a lot of jabs at political figures, which can be extremely polarizing to some. Go read Fafnir The Dragon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:41 am 
Sit back... enjoy the desert sun! <3
Species: Meerkat
Sprotchymon wrote:
I'm surprised you don't recognize that style. That's the work of our own RipRoarRex, who got his humble start here before making it big (heh heh) on FA and elsewhere. Original image is here, context is here.

OH WOW!!! I never knew! Sorry R.R.R

I guess the image was too small for me to recognise it! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:35 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Yes, Fafnir rocks beyond belief - he has a few good stomps if you trawl through the comics there as well as being generally very hardcore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:30 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Good find indeed!
And yes, the first book was well done but a little thick on ... offences on real political persons. Not much my taste, I usually go by Keep your Jesus off my penis and your politicians off my dragons. Still, as I said, well done for the rest of it.
And a few pages in I already like the second one. The artist seems to be pretty bitter against all that vampire annoyance and cliches at least as much as about politics. I approve. :)

edit: I take that back. This is not good, this is high-larious. :lol: Oh my. :up:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:52 am 
Magnificent Bastard
See? It works when it's sparklepires because they're universally despised!

Then there's this other comic, "The Whiteboard." It's called that because in the days before the Internet was popular, it started out as dry-erase marker sketches on a big ol' whiteboard. It's got paintball... and paws!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:01 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Yeah, Blue was nagging me to read it the other day. The dragon one, not the pawboard one, but maybe I'll look at both. HUMOR IS FUNNY

Post subject: Re: Internet finds - two links
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:53 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
>.> <.<

MLP.

FiM.

Haha. Take it, Dino.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:43 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
I am quite pleased with the foot/stomp/macro already been ponified. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:56 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Yes, Fafnir the dragon is made out of awesome and filled with win.
Go read it, and start at the very beginning!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:20 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
kk more fim. Spoiler: the comic itself is a spoiler.

Aaand our favorite two fast creatures here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:31 am 
Magnificent Bastard
More comics!

Koopasta was written and illustrated two years before being published online and ran out of steam after only 23 strips, but contains gratuitous feet-shots!

The Pride of Life takes several cues from Dragonball Z, but between a tribe of purple dog-dudes and a group of gryphons, you can't go wrong. The artist has a Tumblr on the side for brainstorming sketches and reader Q&A, which was once handled as its own series of side comics.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:12 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Sprotchymon wrote:
The Pride of Life takes several cues from Dragonball Z, but between a tribe of purple dog-dudes and a group of gryphons, you can't go wrong. The artist has a Tumblr on the side for brainstorming sketches and reader Q&A, which was once handled as its own series of side comics.

I liked Pride of Life once its pages started to be coloured and good-looking, but now my IP range receives a 403 forbidden on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 774 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 52  Next