Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a movie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:02 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
I was watching a movie on aussie tv the other day the thing that got me thinking about was Blue because the movie was about dinosaurs living in modern age with humans but living under a guise it was really good so i thought i would post it here and see what comes out of it.

it was called Anonymous rex.

Post subject: Re: a movie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:50 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Oh, yeah...I think the much hailed creator of B-class made-for-TV movies, The Sci-Fi Channel, was responsible for that. I think they either made more than one or were thinking about a series that never was pooped out, but I actually don't remember the first one being all that horrible, but not worthy of continuation, either.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:36 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Yeah, scaly furries generally agree that its a great story (series) and a good first movie, that about anybody but me has seen yet (I got it on my hard drive for like two years now, how am I doing, Dino? :D ). I usually dont have that much of actual reptile body to hide in real life though despite being an 'undercover furry', and dont need to hide it in Faibanx though. But its perhaps a neat idea for a fursuit, a raptor suit hidden heneath a human suit... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:52 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
but its good how someone finally made a movie out somesort of relationship to furs being the good guys for once.

I've ben looking for that movie all over ebay but cant find it i might look at the local video store.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:05 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Well, if the movie adaptation was indeed Made-For-TV on SciFi, wouldn't it be wisest to check their own website for a copy of the recording? Even so, I heard since it was low-budget, most of the actors stayed in "human" form anyway, so why not just read the book? I believe it was a trilogy... go go Wiki-Fu go! (Author is Eric Garcia if you care to know)
1. Casual Rex (2001)
2. Anonymous Rex (1999)
3. Hot and Sweaty Rex (2004)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:45 am 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
Shadow_Wolf wrote:
but its good how someone finally made a movie out somesort of relationship to furs being the good guys for once.

I've ben looking for that movie all over ebay but cant find it i might look at the local video store.

The movie is, I think, only out on Region 1 DVD. I'd say your best bet is just importing from someone like Amazon. The books were better in any event. It is the best detective novel with dinosaurs I have ever read. Yes. Really, though, they're quite funny and entertaining. Sadly they seem to be somewhat out of print. The author has also fallen off my internet radar in the last couple years. After writing those three books and then Matchstick Men and getting that made into a movie you'd think he'd be doing all right. I dunno.

But yeah, there's that then.