Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Out of action for a bit -- maybe
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:03 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
I wish you a speedy recovery as well as a nearby Godzilla stomping the hospital flat for your entertainment. 8-)

And Blue... röfl. That is all. Röfl.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:06 am 
Raiding Dragonlairs since 1981
Species: Anthroraptor
Oh dear... get well soon, dino!

Glad to hear, that the surgery was successful. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:52 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Yay!

HE LIVES!!!

I want to crush you for your re-welcoming.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:54 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
And I'm glad there was a record, 'cause that's awesomely funny, Blue. :)

Yes, I have been released from the hospital, and because for some strange reason the hospital thinks that LD5 is a adult site, I could not log on to see all your well-wishes myself, so she printed them out and brought them to me earlier today. :)

I still have quite a bit of pain and discomfort, but I'm doing pretty well, I think. It's late and I need to get some rest in my own bed tonight, but I'll be back at the keys tomorrow to thrill you all with the gory details. :)

Thanks again for the kind words, everybody! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:08 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Dinosorceror wrote:
Yes, I have been released from the hospital, and because for some strange reason the hospital thinks that LD5 is a adult site, I could not log on to see all your well-wishes myself, so she printed them out and brought them to me earlier today. :)

Well isn't it? :P

And I can't wait to hear such enrichening details about your surgery.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:15 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Well, now I'm wondering how much I should give. I already looked up on YouTube to see what the surgery looked like, and that was plenty enough for me. :) My belly still feels all tight and bloated, presumably from swelling and the gas that was used to make room to operate, but I think I'm done taking the Percocet pain meds as they're really knocking me on my ass. Because of the sensitivity of my belly, don't think I can sleep in bed yet, so I'll probably be in the recliner again like last night, which wasn't too bad once I got settled. Doctor recommended I try Motrin for lower-level pain relief so I just tried one.

Finally got to take a shower just a few minutes ago as well...man, I was really starting to reek, but I couldn't take a proper shower until 48 hours after surgery. Also finally passed some poo today for the first time since Wednesday night, which made me feel better, 'cause I wanted to make sure I had a clear-path post surgery, so to speak. (And yes, I provide this level of detail for Blue. :) ) Now that I know I can eat and it'll eventually go somewhere, I'm not really worried about any part of my recovery now...just have to wait until the carbon dioxide gas in my chest cavity eventually gets absorbed and the pain from the incisions subsides so I can sleep in a bed again.

Doctor also said that there was at least two gallstones in my gallbladder, but she didn't remove them during surgery, just took them out with the gallbladder, since she said it looked nasty and irritated overall. On Monday, I'll call for a post-operative appointment in about 2 weeks, at which time I will be presented with the stones. :) If there's only two, I'm going to have to think about what to name them...I have so many irritants at work right now it'll be hard to pick. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:43 pm 
Species: Wolf
Just making sure you know that it's better to take those Percocets with some food in your stomach. Will help ease the GI upset a bit, but if you have a sensitive stomach then you might still feel a bit bad. And /NO/ Tylenol with them. XD Just a bit of good advice. I wish you a speedy recovery. :) Good to know the surgery didn't knock out your GI tract and that it's working properly as well... though I'm sure Blue's a bit more excited about that than I am somehow. *laughs*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:55 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
hope u have a speedy recovory and that your back on ya feet because i need my :slipper:'s inspected know anyone *looks for dino around footpaws* 8-)