Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: im new....the end
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:43 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Shadow_Wolf wrote:
Hey and welcome Darth Vader is the worlds most dangerous athmatic dont you think.

That is explained in one of the crappy episodes, 2 or 3, by the way.
Where he says, "Padme, I cannot even breathe properly when you arent around." :)

(he may have said it slightly different, I only watched that three kiddie parts of Star Wars once.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:47 am 
Blue Raptor
<offtopic starwars><rant>

Episode 1 to 3 are kiddie not even so much because they only exist for the merchandisng (we need more funky colorful aliens that sell well and a stupid race with lots of different-looking funky things we can make toys of, .. ), but because they are overladden with cute, colorful, merry-oh derry-doh, funny happy characters, ridiculous supposed-to-be-funny things (Like, Jar Jar, Oh - now my head has been swapped with the dorid one's - noone saw that coming and its so funny, Jar Jar, kiddie Anakin doing stupid stuff, Jar Jar people, kiddie Anakin riding on a poorly animated twolegged cow, Jar Jar, and likely much more I forgot.), and because it is not allowed to have cool characters that are not politically correct.
Han Solo was a great and very cool character for example, but they even dumbed and kiddie'd him down by crapfully editing the crucial bar scene so that Greebo shoots first. Han just shooting him so he doesnt lose his ship gave the entire era and galaxy Star Wars played in a charming desolate and dirty touch, and made him lovingly grey and intersting. But he's a good guy so he has to shine bright white. Crap. Kiddie stuff. But I deigress.

I guess what gets us old-time-starwarsers most was that the new movies are compare to the old ones all lame, watered down, about love, have thin plot, often make little to no sense, and are brainkillingly trying to throw in links to the new movies that noone ever needed, down to horribly retconning (= retroactively changing continuity, common term and problem with superhero stories).

I think what sums the lame story and acting up best is an incident I had when watching Episode 3 with a friend, the cinema was empty aside from us and an about 6-year-old and his dad (which on its own says a lot I find), the going-to-be-emperor tells Anakin that Padme will be well and safe if he joins him, and the 6-year-old complians (approximately), "Come on, he's so lying".
Evil sheme and plot indeed if a 6-year-old can see through it. :D
</rant>

But fortunately there is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7arl-cYDRn0 so the early episoded didnt bring ONLY bad.

</starwars>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:41 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Blue wrote:
<offtopic starwars><rant>I think what sums the lame story and acting up best is an incident I had when watching Episode 3 with a friend, the cinema was empty aside from us and an about 6-year-old and his dad (which on its own says a lot I find), the going-to-be-emperor tells Anakin that Padme will be well and safe if he joins him, and the 6-year-old complians (approximately), "Come on, he's so lying".
Evil sheme and plot indeed if a 6-year-old can see through it. :D
</rant>

</starwars>

Retconning aside, haven't you heard of Force Convince? (as in KotOR and such?)

Remember "You wanna buy some death-sticks?"
"You don't want to sell me death sticks."
"I don't want to sell you death sticks."
"You want to go home and rethink your life."
"I want to go home and rethink my life."

The emperor was legit! You don't think he'd just lie do you?
Hell, he didn't even have to wave his hand like Obi-Wan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:36 am 
Species: Snow Leopard
hmmm how wierd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:57 am 
Blue Raptor
Well he sure couldnt force-convince that 6-year-old in the cinema though. :D