Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A thought.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:36 am 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
But that requires Dino to do work! You're kidding!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:30 pm 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
Anstallion wrote:
this topic is my thoughts everyday. how do you meet another fur like yourself? because its so popular than people might think that im sure i meet others like me al the time but am unaware of it.
although i disagree of the ld5 badges with the foot on though. that would just be awkward (to non furs)
"whats that badge?" "um........"
i recently went to a sex shop that was nowhere near where i lived so i was safe and asked "do you know what a furry is?" and when i explained it, i didnt really know what to say. i just said "its a celebraton of anthromorphic animals" just sounds weird. unless your a fur/scalie, you just wont understand it. thats the bottom line. ther has to be someone near my area thats a fur. ut what if my employer found out? would he like it? who that person undersand? would he sack me cause i had a weird interest (and sometimes sexual interest)
i think the keyword will work out the best. maybe handling out a small pic of the ld5 or fur affinity logo to someone wh you suspect. if they respond in a "wtf!" way, then its not them. but if they hasitate and look amazed, yur onto something.
Tombfyre, im so happy that you ventured out and said some questions about furries to people! thats amazing. i think in my life, i need to be a little it more daring if im going to find someone like me IN REAL LIFE.
I think you're overthinking this a little too much, but you have the basic principle that I was trying to get across, just stretched out to cover an entire paragraph. We should all decide on one thing to say, and then a response to that word or phrase to confirm "suspicions". Or perhaps we could have several so it doesn't sound wierd saying something like Anacanafranistan to everyone you know.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:16 am 
Species: Wolf
Really, I think that there's just too few of us to really have any sort of secret handshake, key phrase, etc. to make it worthwhile. I live in Oklahoma for example (aka the middle of nowhere in the furry universe) and I severly doubt I'll be seeing any furries while walking around randomly who just happen to also be members of LD5.

*wonders* How many current registered members do we have Blue? Just to give people an idea of how likely it might be to meet someone from here. :P My guess is <100 people.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:31 am 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Actually it's 191 members.

Virtually most not showing up at all and literally littered around the world. So you do the stats.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:53 am 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
No doubt the odds are fairly low, unless you lot happen to live in the same city. In which case they're probably involved with some aspect of the local furry scene, and you might bump into them that way.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:40 am 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
Yakitate wrote:
Really, I think that there's just too few of us to really have any sort of secret handshake, key phrase, etc. to make it worthwhile. I live in Oklahoma for example (aka the middle of nowhere in the furry universe) and I severly doubt I'll be seeing any furries while walking around randomly who just happen to also be members of LD5.

*wonders* How many current registered members do we have Blue? Just to give people an idea of how likely it might be to meet someone from here. :P My guess is <100 people.

Heh, though Razor also appears to live in the Oklahomas. I did think that when I read that, though, about being tough living there. My roommate is partially from Oklahoma (spent a lot of his childhood there) and he was there this entire summer. He sent me a message saying he got the feeling he wasn't welcome anymore and was afraid he was going to get shot. It was a joke, of course, but still. True story.

I think the best way though is to just...sort of say what city you're in. It's not like it's that easy to find you based on that, and it gives at least some idea.

Bemidji, MN

I dare you to stalk me.
...no really don't do that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:35 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Well there are also those that are on the MUCK but dont bother to make a forum account here, or those that dont bother at all, and those that just read here and talk with people elsewhere, as there is nothing to gain by making an account here, since we are not a prick site.

There are like I said a lot of pages to find furries out there. I have just been liked to http://ifpl.cattech.org/ for example by a nice big lizard guy that likes stomping and goes by the name of The Ultimate Stompy on a random OMGRPG ( download/file.php?id=608 ), or you can use furbase or the map at yiffstar or lists of furry meeting to find furs near you.
Its not like it was a problem that just popped up for the first time and has never been solved before.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Yes, yes. We shall find each other quickly.