Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dino Rant: So Dark, The Con Of Fur
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:26 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
*gobbles you up for good and licks my lips*

Anyways, you shouldn't feel down Dino, we all get it some times. :)

And your birthday is coming up, right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:25 pm 
Draconian Warrior
Species: Draconian
You raised some very interesting points, Dino. To be made to feel like you're guilty of a crime when you go to a convention is really quite shocking! :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:32 pm 
Well I would be open, but under the circumstances I'm in, I'm afraid I will blow my self up because everyone WILL dislike me. I would only do so elsewhere, but not here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:01 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
No, there is no birthday of mine coming up, I was never born.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:58 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:
No, there is no birthday of mine coming up, I was never born.

D: EMO!!

But there will be...uh...WATERmelons for you m'lord!!

Attachments:
101403.gif
101403.gif [ 779.24 KiB | Viewed 1948 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:06 pm 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
Golithka wrote:
You raised some very interesting points Dino. To be made to feel like you're guilty of a crime when you go to a convention is quite frankly, fucking disgusting! :x

I have no problems about discussing my scaly perversions, and I am very proud of who I am. Hell, my mother even knows, and she's perfectly fine with it. People need to stop feeling guilty for being different and stand up for what they believe in. There's no shame in being different. :)
You know, I've given it some thought, and deep down, I think I really am ashamed of myself. I don't think I'll ever stop being ashamed. I doubt many people I know would be very understanding though. Especially not my parents and close family members. Of course, on the muck and here, I have no problems discussing it, but that's only because I know that there are many people that share the same thoughts as I do and thus will be much more accepting. I think I'm in a situation similar to ESC, from what I understand. It's sad, really. I know I can always trust everyone here, but society is so cruel. :( If only people understood...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:15 pm 
I thought it was your scalie side?

Anyway, even though it saddens me, all I have to do is continue on. If I'm going to have to do that, I can always balance both a "normal" life and the second side.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:37 pm 
Draconian Warrior
Species: Draconian
Razor wrote:
You know, I've given it some thought, and deep down, I think I really am ashamed of myself. I don't think I'll ever stop being ashamed. I doubt many people I know would be very understanding though. Especially not my parents and close family members. Of course, on the muck and here, I have no problems discussing it, but that's only because I know that there are many people that share the same thoughts as I do and thus will be much more accepting. I think I'm in a situation similar to ESC, from what I understand. It's sad, really. I know I can always trust everyone here, but society is so cruel. :( If only people understood...
I'm sorry to hear that, Razor. :(

I understand where you're coming from. Yeah, it really sucks that we can't be more open IRL. I sometimes feel left out, but when I come to places like LD5, I feel less so because of all the great people I meet. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:29 am 
Species: Rapter
As A macrophile I agree completely with this statement. It bothers me that My X-GF(A furryphile? is that what they are called?) use to look down on me for my fetish, but hers was ok...

It was messed up that I would make colleges of Shrunken people at woman's feet, but there was nothing wrong with her getting on furcadia all day pretending she was a dragon/wolf? I'm not saying its dab, but Its no different then what i did..

What makes the things one person may do to pander there fetish obscene, but another persons fetish ok?...

Don't get me wrong Some fetishes are just "wrong"(caugh:pedophiles:caugh). if your hurting other people to get off that's bad, but Fapping off to images of people getting stepped on isn't hurting anybody, so why is it treated like such a taboo.

Why should we be looked down on(No pun intended)?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:08 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Midyin wrote:

I'd say that most people are only really comfortable with what they're used to, and sexuality is a very emotive aspect of life even at its most normal, so we get an extra strong dose of disdain for being both different and... :-O sexually different.

But a furry looking down on a macrophile is just plain dumb, even in a non-literal way!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:57 am 
Species: Rapter
Diablo wrote:
Midyin wrote:

I'd say that most people are only really comfortable with what they're used to, and sexuality is a very emotive aspect of life even at its most normal, so we get an extra strong dose of disdain for being both different and... :-O sexually different.

from what I've seen of the world everyone has there fetishes. most of the time the people that are first to condemn you are the ones with the most to hide... lol

Diablo wrote:
But a furry looking down on a macrophile is just plain dumb, even in a non-literal way!

that was my thoughts exactly...