Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Very Obviously a Nod Toward Furries
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:49 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
[html]<table border=0 bgcolor=black cellspacing=10><tr><td><font face="arial" color=#999999>I was watching an old Daily Show episode just now and they had an item about that congressional hearing about Second Life. I thought there'd be atleast one furry reference or so I paid some attention, and, as it turns out, the <i>entire section</i> was more-or-less a furry innuendo.<p>I'm not sure if anyone has a file of the show, (it says on Comedy Central's website that it was from the 7th of this month) but here's a link ( http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=165604&title=avatar-heroes ). I couldn't get the video to play for me, but maybe it's just 'cuz I have an outdated version of Flash or something. Anyway.</td></tr></table>[/html]

Wow, that [ html ]-tag sure works wonders, doesn't it? :lightning:

Post subject: Re: Very Obviously a Nod Toward Furries
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:17 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Yeah, how's that HTML working out for ya, huh? HUH? ;) BBcode not good enough for you, eh? EH?

...what is BBcode, anyway? :)

That was a pretty funny segment, as the Daily Show nearly always is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:39 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Hm, I'm not surprised I cant see it either, for it makes my firefox explode. I might get it to work, but I dont feel like messing with that right now.Wonder some when people will start realizing that hardly anybody can see the funky flashy crap their web designers hack on their business pages...

But yes, furry is spreading shockingly since a few years ago. Quite a few people might recall my ranting on how it is haunting me. ;) And I still think secondlife goes along with that, making furry more everyday and accepted by having furry character all around, animal body parts being nothing that is restricted to the furry areas from what little I have seen. (from reports on it only, as I dont go there. I have a first life, you know. ;) )

Patch wrote:
Wow, that [ html ]-tag sure works wonders, doesn't it? :lightning:

The [html] bbcode tag is something I hacked and threw in hastily and was too lazy to test, sorry. There were enough more important things to test and tweak and care about so this forum could go online. Guess I should remove it then. Maybe we'll dig into it sometime, but until then you might have to post like everyone else for a while.

edit: tag is now removed as it didnt work

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:22 am 
Actually, guys, I would be a little hesitant about enabling HTML tags on your forums. A malicious user could use HTML to plant all kinds of fun stuff into your forums, your database, and possibly even on your server, itself. HTML poses a pretty big security risk.

Besides all that, BBcode exactly emulates everything that HTML does. In fact, with this version of the forum software, you can create and manage custom BBcode tags. Heck, for that matter, I'll give you one. This one allows your members to embed YouTube in their posts.

There are two boxes to fill in. In the top box put the following:

Code:
[youtube]{TEXT}[/youtube]

And then the following in the bottom box.

Code:
<object width="512" height="384"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/{TEXT}"  wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="384"></embed></object>

Just take this and paste it into your "BBCodes" sheet (which is found in the "Posting" sheet in your ACP).

There are all sorts of little custom things you can setup. If you have any questions or want any more codes for your custom set, and if we have them, we'll be glad to share them. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:25 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Canaan wrote:
Actually, guys, I would be a little hesitant about enabling HTML tags on your forums...

Blue wrote:
edit: tag is now removed as it didnt work

;.; I can survive without CSS, so as long as we somehow get table-functionality back again I'm happy, BBCode's fine.

And sorry for being fussy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:53 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Well, that's one more step for furries.

Now to create the "second life" into "real life". but it'll still take time...