Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mock Election
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:20 pm 
Species: Wolf
So I was thinking... in lieu of the political stuff going on at the moment... what if we were to have our own mock presidential election? No, not that whole sexiest macro thing that Dino thought up... not that it sounds like a horrible idea mind you. But maybe something along those lines or something. Btw, Obama will win. Remember, I called it.

Post subject: Re: Mock Election
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
oh well good on yas for voting a black person in as the 44th president :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:27 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Well, since it's already done, my next two candidates will include:
:hump: vs. :zillaright:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:32 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
I vote :zillaright: !
Or can I put up Image as an independent candidate? It will even be animated some time too if someone is OK with it. :angel:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:56 pm 
lol that new one will be cool ^^

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:17 pm 
Hey Blue, how about a new one that's just the shape of a wolf's paw with the sole facing the screen as it steps on some invisible window and the pads spread a bit under the pressure. <3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:08 pm 
*hand out* Pssh, third-parties. :|

But anyways, how about some buildings crumbling down?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:08 am 
Blue Raptor
A furry paw: This has been asked a lot. And yes, a nice wolf paw from below would be nice (although not very inventive as its pretty much what every furry site has as logo somehow ;) )
The reason why there is only one paw icon (OK, apart from Nina's stomp that Markie did), is that it would be very hard to have a paw for everyone's liking if there were more. It is a scaly claw because, apart from LD5 having lots of scalies and scales seemed rather underrepresented on most furry themes, yes, they are rather easy to do, have big pretty claws which is a main focus of many around here (as opposed to most furries where they are either blunt or retractable or getting lost in all the fur), and because a scaly paw can be rather generic. I think a juicy olive-green can be accepted by most as a representative color for scaly things, as it seems to be somewhat the natural default color of all things scaly.
Now the problem with furry paws is, they are all either totally abstract like a circle with smaller circles for the pads, which I find dumb or very distinctive. You will immediately see if its a canine or a feline paw e.g., and there is no 'default' color for a furry.
So if I hade made a nice brown wolf paw to match that scaly one (which are better drwan from below anyway), the next thing I saw would be somone asking for a tiger paw, as there clearly is none. And then for a lion paw as the tiger one is clearly tiger-y. And then a hoof one, cant foget hooves, and need to have those two-doed and one-toed both, and waht about bunny feets? Oh, and we definitely need elephant as they can do stomping so nicely, and since we already go in so diverse fields, wouldn't it be cool to have a brown and a grey wolf paw? We could still claim one is dog and one is wolf, and there's tiger and lion already so it would be rude to have one one color of canine, and once we have that, what is about all the other colors of all the other paws that any character can have then, and that are not in the already huge palette of paws, and aliens, and pokemon? Wouldn't it be cool if I made a custom foot for everyone?

So, er... yes, I thought it would easily get out of hand if we try to cover everyone's favourite foot taste. So I stuck with the scaly one, and only that, representative for every appendage that something walks on.
If you can get all the people feeling underrepresented by the scaly paw to accept that there will be ONE wolf paw, and no other paws of whatsoever species or shape or color or pose or activity whatsoever ever beside of that, then you can has it if Dino doesnt think we have enough sprites already with those I still have under sconstruction.

As to crumbling buildings: Only a crumbling building? With no reason?
Well crumbling big stuff is hard to loop. I have some planned for the lion animation when its finished, that hides it in a dust cloud so you can imagine there's a new building behind the cloud, and it hopefully wont look clumsy as the one that just crumbled is gone long enough already then.
Yes, the loopability makes a lot of things hard to, but I am not willing to give up that icing that makes an animated smilie perfect yet. :angel:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:39 am 
Fine, Blue, be that way. >:[ But really, I do see your point, at the same time I feel more like dabbling in idiocy and still wanting one, no matter how likely it is to come to fruition. So having said that... how about this for a mock election?

I don't know about you, but bacon does sound pretty good. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:58 pm 
Blue Raptor
*rubrubs fluffywoof apologizingly* We shall see. :)

*gets the fires joke but not the bacon one*
But yeah, bacon sounds better.
*wants bacon now*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:20 pm 
i have bacon on the BBQ lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:46 pm 
Blue wrote:

*wants bacon now*

Well, Blue, the point of the joke is that it's for a political race. They use the last names of the candidates generally when they show off results. It just so happens that both of them have last names similar to foods. So it's a results of an election but it resembles the results of a food poll. xD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:23 pm 
dont let tombfyre find out X3 :munch:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:26 pm 
Shadow_Wolf wrote:
dont let tombfyre find out X3 :munch:

Now THAT'S a mock election. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:14 am 
Blue Raptor
Yakitate wrote:
Blue wrote:

*wants bacon now*

Well, Blue, the point of the joke is that it's for a political race. They use the last names of the candidates generally when they show off results. It just so happens that both of them have last names similar to foods. So it's a results of an election but it resembles the results of a food poll. xD

So there is an Obama bacon?