Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: how to train Your Dragon
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:32 am 
Species: Stallion
hello. i found out on the merry madagascar dvd theres a new dragon related film made by dreamworks called how to train your dragon. looks quite good. ive done what i did with Eragon and brought the book based on the film (cheap) before it gets advertised everywhere and people only read the book because they have seen or heard about the film via the cinema (completely different to what im doing totally!)
Has anyone else read the book? Do you think the dragons would look nice on screen?

heres a link to the official movie website (which has an annoyingly little in the way of info or pictures yet)
http://www.howtotrainyourdragon.com/

and heres a few pictures as well found off google (which arnt on the website strangly)

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq14 ... agon-2.jpg

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... 8%26um%3D1

http://totallyhollywoodhunksnews.com/th ... -still.jpg

sorry about the link size.

Post subject: Re: how to train Your Dragon
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:34 am 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
I already dismissed the film purely on the naff-looking dragon on the posters. But is the book any good?

edit: just looked at the trailer, and the dragon in that isn't quite so bad. So maybe I'll give it another chance!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:04 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Damn, there goes the Temeraire movie for ANOTHER few years!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:24 am 
Magnificent Bastard
I caught wind of this (the official move poster, rather) on the Future World Music website (they do awesome music for a surprising number of movie trailers). I don't know what to think of it, but it reminds me of this gem from Newgrounds.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:42 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Anstallion wrote:
train your dragon
*looks at his crotch* ...

Anstallion wrote:
heres a link to the official movie website (which has an annoyingly little in the way of info or pictures yet)
That doesnt look so bad. Cute dragonthing, too. At least it doesnt look somehow weirdly deformed or otherwise freaky-3D-ed... it seems to take the dragon topic serious. Promising.

Anstallion wrote:
Ew, that malformed abomination of ridiculosity on the film poster is horrible indeed. :mrgreen:
Fortunately they seem to have the artist of that stomped and a better one making the thing that is actually in the movie?

Anstallion wrote:
sorry about the link size.
Dont worry, the forum usually cuts them off anyway when they are too long for its taste. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:23 pm 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
As for the movie: :mrgreen: As for the 'gem' that sprotchy so kindly posted, nice! Of course I made a tyrannical dragon, but when it came to playing as the hero, I just couldn't bring myself to kill the dragon. Hah! I say that as if it were possible for a human to do such a thing. Even we raptors are not capable of such a feat! Perhaps a baby dragon, but none older. Annoying how you have to jump to stomp the humans, you can't do it just by walking. :( Nice game overall though. :up:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:38 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
3D movies sure are getting cheap to spit out often, aren't they? :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:17 am 
Species: Dracorex
Gone are the days of movies like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhyRpvgm03g

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 am 
Blue wrote:
Anstallion wrote:
train your dragon
*looks at his crotch* ...

Anstallion wrote:
That doesnt look so bad. Cute dragonthing, too. At least it doesnt look somehow weirdly deformed or otherwise freaky-3D-ed... it seems to take the dragon topic serious. Promising.

Anstallion wrote:
Ew, that malformed abomination of ridiculosity on the film poster is horrible indeed. :mrgreen:
Fortunately they seem to have the artist of that stomped and a better one making the thing that is actually in the movie?

Hehe hope he has been stomped. but yeah i know what you mean. hopefully near the time there will be better pics and promotional stuff.

Diablo wrote:
Damn, there goes the Temeraire movie for ANOTHER few years!

Sorry to hear that :( but thanks to you ill look into Temeraire. Ive briefly looked up the book on the internet and it seems to be alot of dragons in the series! do they all talk? i might read the first book in the series once ive finished How To Train A Dragon. ive always wanted to read a book like Temeraire. Can you tell me more about it?

yeah your right blue the film will be in 3d i think when it comes out. i dont really see the point in 3d. yeah sure ice age 3 did look ok in 3d but nothing too special. oh btw, if you like scaly feet and stomps from, say, a trex or a gigantasaurus YOU. MUST. SEE. ICE. AGE. 3!!!! i swear theres one scene where they just copied on of rexars ideas and put it in the movie "Pop goes the weasal!" i was amazed at how much footy stuff, stomp stuff and smaller-animals-being near-dinos-feet-stuff there was! seriously check it out! im suprised it hasnt been mentioned on here before!!

Yeah and Diesel, your right. they dont make movies like they did. a shame really. its all cgi . and theres less monster movies out now :x

and dino your right. theres more and more 3d movies out now than there was. waters it down really in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:56 am 
Species: Rapter
Training a dragon huh? I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess its a little more involved then just jamming its nose in it's poo, and beating it with a rolled up newspaper...

As you can see below Dragons tend to do what ever they want...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:15 am 
yeah i kinda agree.

"fly left"

"na i wanna go right" and does so.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Anstallion wrote:
Sorry to hear that :( but thanks to you ill look into Temeraire. Ive briefly looked up the book on the internet and it seems to be alot of dragons in the series! do they all talk? i might read the first book in the series once ive finished How To Train A Dragon. ive always wanted to read a book like Temeraire. Can you tell me more about it?

The Temeraire series is, in my opinion, the most awesome series about dragons ever in the history of the universe. It's set during the Napoleonic wars and is about a naval captain adopting a newly-hatched talking dragon who quickly bloats into a vast and powerful one, and the two of them fly around fighting Napoleon. The best thing about it is that the relationships between the dragons and their captains are almost openly romantic. There's a lot of this:
Quote:
Temeraire snorted and shook his head like a dog, sending water flying, and ducked down beneath his own hastily opened wings, which he curled about himself. Laurence, still tucked up against his side and holding to the harness, found himself also sheltered by the living dome. It was exceedingly strange to be so snug in the heart of a raging storm; he could still see out through the places where the wings did not overlap, and a cool spray came in upon his face.

And this:
Quote:
Temeraire was already asleep, curled neatly about himself, but before Laurence could slip away again, one of his eyes half-opened, and he lifted his wing in instinctive welcome. Laurence had taken a blanket from the stables; he was as warm and comfortable as he could wish, stretched upon the dragon’s broad foreleg.
“Is all well?” Temeraire asked him softly, putting his other foreleg protectively around Laurence, sheltering him more closely against his breast; his wings half-rose, mantling. “Something has distressed you. Shall we not go at once?”

And even some of this:
Quote:
“If you would like to have your ship back,” Temeraire said, “I will let someone else ride me. Not him, because he says things that are not true; but I will not make you stay.”
Laurence stood motionless for a moment, his hands still on Temeraire’s head, with the dragon’s warm breath curling around him. “No, my dear,” he said at last, softly, knowing it was only the truth. “I would rather have you than any ship in the Navy.”

It's every soppy herp's dream, both wet and regular, and I totally recommend it. Peter Jackson has bought the rights to the Temeraire series, which means that hopefully in a few years (if he's not too busy having sex with his GODDAMN giant monkeys) he'll turn them into a movie. BUT the more dragon films that come out in the interim (Eragon and now this damn Viking animation, for instance), the less likely it is ever to happen!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:43 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Man, if I ever get around to reading books again, I do wanna read that series...but I have to say, it's awful stereotypical to have dragons talk like they're foreigners or English teachers, isn't it? "We most go, Lawrence, for I fear that on the morrow the weather will be most inclement." Dragons shouldn't talk like that, they should talk regular. Like Draco, he talked regular, just a little more elegant.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Sorry Dino, but I doubt they spoke US slang inglesh in those days in the olde world. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:17 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Yes, it might be a bit distracting, but Blue's right - it's typical 18th Century language!

Even those naughty rebellious North American colonists spoke like that in those days.