Post subject: Re: Games and Paws?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 am 
Species: Stallion
your welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:25 am 
I'd rather be stomping.
Species: Dinosaur / Dragon thing
OMG OMG OMG! Saurous is awesome! It's like he's trying to catch people underfoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orTKBaN3EIk&feature=sub

The game's called Global Defence Force. Anyone here played it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:34 am 
Magnificent Bastard
No, but how did you know I always wanted to fly around on a twin-engine jetpack and topple kaiju with nothing but a shotgun?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:46 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Like he's trying? I'm pretty sure he is! :) :stomp:

It's too bad my PS3 won't play PS2 games due to stupidness, and that it'd be a pain in the butt to hook up my PS2.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:37 am 
If you like this, try Earth Defence Force on the 360 :D

But I think Global Defence Force is better because at least with this one the monster has people that he can step on. In Earth, they all run away at the start of the level grrrrrr......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:28 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
That's some nice content there, even though there seems to be hardly any destruction that actually has an effect on the map, and the badly looped screaming is annoying. Makes you want to stomp it out...

Do you think the clumsy walking animation is on purpose because rubber suits walk like that?

(I also fail to see the point of a game where you just have to shoot randomly at any part of a monster that is as big as a house and not capable of burning or stomping you effectively even as it seems to always see you, but what do I know... :whistle: )
:coffee:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:37 pm 
paulscotti5 wrote:
Hi there!, Have you been watching the lack of games that show paws and vore and stomping?
They doesn't exist, or at least, i know no one, except maybe for black and white 2 that shows a little bit of stomping and vore, but almost nothing.
If you know about one of 'em, please tell me, or, if you agree with me, post your comments.
:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

A few games such as Unreal Tournament 3, Gears of War, or Halo 3 would have characters with good looking feet. You just have to use the in game camera to look for them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:35 am 
I'd rather be stomping.
Species: Dinosaur / Dragon thing
Anstallion wrote:

But I think Global Defence Force is better because at least with this one the monster has people that he can step on. In Earth, they all run away at the start of the level grrrrrr......

I agree! EDF had a giant dragon thing, but it's not as nice looking as this Saurous. Also you're right, at least this one's got time to step on people, he even sends some flying! A lot of games make their giant dinosaur's feet really scrawny. I like that these are nice and chunky! :claw: :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 pm 
RedSuperGeon wrote:
Anstallion wrote:

I agree! EDF had a giant dragon thing, but it's not as nice looking as this Saurous. Also you're right, at least this one's got time to step on people, he even sends some flying! A lot of games make their giant dinosaur's feet really scrawny. I like that these are nice and chunky! :claw: :D

yeah i know what you mean. some games have really small almost pointless dino feet. I like them chunky too. Or any kind of paw. Sometimes I 'ant fussy :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:52 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Hear hear for chunkytoz! :) :claw: :claw:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:42 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:
Hear hear for chunkytoz! :) :claw: :claw:

Glad we 'ant the only ones :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:57 pm 
Species: Black Cat
Sorry for the thread necro but I can't believe no one has metioned 'scaler' yet. You run around as a lil blu lizard whilst you collect eggs and beat up bigger lizards. One of the enemy types has a special move where, if you attack his guard to much, he will counter by pouncing Scaler and pining his to arms underneth the lizards paws and attacking Scaler twice.

The other and possibly best Enemy is the final boss. In his second form, he will leap into the fighting area and attempt to punch Scaler. After you piss him off enough, he will start using a grab move. If her catches Scaler, he will grip the lower half of Scalers body while laying the upper half apon the ground. The giant red dude then stomps the upper part of Scaler and attacks him once while in this prone pose.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:30 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
I recall hearing about that one, and picked up a couple cute high-res renders of minor characters and enemies. I never picked it up since I heard the gameplay wasn't varied enough to keep one motivated to complete the whole story.

Also, Welcome to Da Dome! Time moves slower here, so we're much looser on what topics are considered dead. Once a thread gets large enough, it's granted immunity as its meant to archive various search results (see Internet Finds, etc)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:10 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Yeah, how 'come I've never heard of this 'Scaler?' Sounds right up our alley, even if it wasn't for stompage in it! I see it was out for just about every platform at the time (the last gen)...wonder if I can get it somehows.

And yes, welcome to the Dome, we're the anti-Twitter. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:30 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
I've known about this one for quite some time, so I don't know how it missed being tossed around here. There is a line of 3D games to be played in one's internet browser utilizing a plug-in known as Unity. A few of the first are known as Jetpack Brontosaurus and Off-Road Raptor Safari. Smashing good time!

Recently, a short game was revealed where one navigates a maze by changing size at will. It feels more like a tech demo - and it probably is - but the potential for being fleshed out (and obviously given much less blocky graphics) is clear.