Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Response received from Dinosaucers creator!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:15 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Some of you may know I wrote a snail-mail letter to the creator of Dinosaucers about two weeks ago, who also happens to be a huge comic book fan and owner of the Batman movie franchises. Well, I got a response via email! Looks like I actually got it typed from a verbal translation through an assistant-proxy (based on the mostly stock verbiage, and the fact that I doubt a true comic fan would call an animation cel a "cell", but still...it's amazing I got a response at all! Basically he said, "Very busy, check back in August" so I will do so, but I thought I'd share the letter anyway.

Oh, to complete the story, the reason I got a wild hair and wrote him a physical letter was because I got to thinking about the Dinosaucers series "bible" again, so since Somtow Sucharitkul (a writer of the series who passed through LD5 a few years ago) said he had received one, I thought...you'd think the creator would still have one! So I asked him if I could get a scan of the series bible to see what it contained, and to answer questions about the lack of a pilot and the mysterious "Major Cliffton" character. Anyway, in my letter I left my gmail address, and here's the response I got today:

Quote:
Hi Matthew...

Thanks for keeping my creation, Dinosaucers, alive for fans old and new.

I am in the midst of leaving at dawn to be Guest of Honor at San Diego Comic Con, on a tour promoting my auto-biography, THE BOY WHO LOVED BATMAN (with Dinosaucers cells and stories in there), and preparing for the world premiere of our new movie, "The Dark Knight Rises." Things will quiet down for me in August, so reach out to me then via this e-mail address.

Thanks for your patience.

Best,

Michael

Guess I have a book I need to go out 'n' buy, and then a movie to see. :)

Post subject: Re: Response received from Dinosaucers creator!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 pm 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Well that's definitely pretty cool. :) With luck he'll have more info for you later.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:12 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Nice one!

Persistence is admirable in a dinosaur.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:46 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
You sure know how to make a raptor's head spin, Dino.
:up:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
What, what? :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Well, guess what? He wrote me again! Well, first I had to finally email him again, but still! :)

Here's what I sent him on October 20th:

Quote:
Michael,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, but I'm finishing up the process of moving into my first purchased home. As a result, the return address on Matthews Drive of my written letter to you a few months back will no longer be valid. :) Before all the mortgage fuss began, I did buy a copy of your book, read the first section and skipped ahead to the Dinosaucers parts, and will give it a proper read-through once everything settles here in another week or so. I had no idea that there was such a direct relationship between Batman and Dinosaucers! The latest movie was incredible as well, I enjoyed it very much in the theater.

As you stated in your message, you were quite busy at the time with the premiere, and asked that I get back with you regarding a possibility of seeing the contents of the Dinosaucers "bible" that Somtow had mentioned to me several years ago. Fans like me have some questions about the origin of certain characters that recurred in the series but were never properly introduced, and always assumed that they were explained in the bible. Would it be possible to see a scanned copy of the bible?

Finally, thank you for being such a devoted fan yourself for all of these years.

Hoping you're well,

Matt

So over the weekend, I got this response!

Quote:
Hi Matt...

All those files are in storage in NYC and especially now after the storm, can't be accessed easily. It's probably going to be closer to Xmas before I can look and see what files are there. Meanwhile, if you want to do a phone interview of something, we can do that.

Best,

Michael

...wow. I don't know if I have balls big enough to do a phone interview with him, but if you guys think I should, I can give it a shot. :) At the very least, it seems we're still in the running for seeing the mysterious creator's bible, and he's open to answering questions!

If you guys have any questions about the series*, post them here, and I'll pass them on to Mr. Uslan in my next message, and hopefully we'll hear back from him again soon! I'll think about and post the ones I have here over the next few days, and I'll edit this entry to show the ones I'll officially be sending back.

I really have to say, it's nice that a devoted fan of Batman can do so much for the franchise, and still be friendly to fellow fans of his own work. If I ever got big'n'famous, I'd like to think I'd be the same as well.

Was there ever a pilot created for Dinosaucers that didn't air? The character "Major Cliffton" was referenced in two episodes, and by the context, he was never properly introduced in either. Some fans theorize he was introduced in a pilot episode in which the Dinosaucers first come to Earth and are detected by the USAF.

Currently, the only source for Dinosaucers episodes is Amazon via download, and it doesn't include all of the episodes. There were rumors that the original films were lost in a fire years ago at DIC. Some later airings of the show were edited to allow extra commercials on the USA Network and the Family Channel, to add insult to injury. Is there any source of the original episodes still intact, and is this what is available on Amazon?

I had been contacted a few years ago by Somtow Sucharitkul, who wrote a few episodes of the show. Did you have a personal relationship with Somtow, or other sci-fi writers like Diane Duane, or were episode writers hired by the studio or someone else?

*NO JOKES, PLEASE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:11 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Do you think anthro reptiles looks so much cooler with big tails, while many creators leave them away (or make them really tiny), especially in 3D computer games? :angel:

DinoDecision™: DENIED

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:01 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
"Was the decision to anthropomorphasise the dinosaurs purely sexual, or only partially sexual?"

DinoDecision™: OH, COME ON NOW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:45 pm 
Blubber Dragon
"Would you have liked to make the dinosaurs any bigger, wider, or more endowed? People on the internet like that kind of thing, you know."

DinoDecision™: QUIET YOU.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Aha, the weesaur can spot the fake decision! But an agreed one all the same. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:43 pm 
Blubber Dragon
There's a mind reader in our midst. :O

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm 
Blackredragoness
Species: GEOGREYMON
I just recently actually last three days watch the entire season of dinosaucers and came to this conclusion...

Favorite episode #9 thats shrinking feeling
Favorite Human Charactor: the kid who is half black
Favorite Dino: Teryx
Least favorite charactor: Quackpot Voice drives me crazy
What's about anyone else?

Also I plan to make my own series with fursona from Lavadomefive as Charactors does anyone object?! Or have any ideas? Let me know!!!