Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hmm... i've only just noticed this
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:43 am 
Species: (Prefers the name Scalie) Dragon
But since i was a "teehee underagelol" Regular lurker at this place (old board) i've noticed this new board hasn't really transacted it's full member base... which is quite sad since this community has that nice-ness about it.

I guess people are just moving on to "bigger" sites... shame really, because a small community, i feel, grows better...

We aught to think of how we can spread the word without being embarrassed about being scalies or furs... or both D=>

Henceforth this topic is now about how you feel about this comfy little roost of a foot-hole.

I think it's rather nice here, it's easy to settle, and some things old don't seem to die- there's a nice slice of the community for everyone to enjoy, and i don't see why there aren't many visitors as the old boards had, we need to find a way to increase the member base before this place dies... it's lived a long life, and it can live even longer if we try! Who's with me?!

Post subject: Re: Hmm... i've only just noticed this
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Small forums can be easy to socialize because they're usually *ahem* small and calm *ahem* and not clamorous and distorted. But really, these forums are top notch quality compared to the previous versions, and I know it can be better, so.....

I wanna help, too.

I'm not sure about the boards dying though...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:50 pm 
ESC wrote:
Small forums can be easy to socialize because they're usually *ahem* small and calm *ahem* and not clamorous and distorted. But really, these forums are top notch quality compared to the previous versions, and I know it can be better, so.....

I wanna help, too.

I'm not sure about the boards dying though...

Well they are a bit, not quite at the point of death, but reaching it... as for my part- I've decided i'd be a sneaky bastard and make a DA:
I'm posting my stories there, but with a catch- to read the whole story, they'll have to come here to read it, how's that sound? if spammers come to attack, then fuck em' let em get squished on their way in because no matter what they do, it can be cleaned up and removed, IP bans and what not.

btw post in my story topic so i can continue it >_< that's how i roll :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:39 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
GG for propoganda on DA, but I'm doubtful it's gunna change the behavior of our potential memberbase here, i.e.: find us, lurk, register, then join "m.com" because they have more hyperphallic macro hermtaurs (and also drama) than we do here.

But the lifeblood you're looking for is as follows:
http://www.lavadomefive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=771

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:20 am 
Patch wrote:
GG for propoganda on DA, but I'm doubtful it's gunna change the behavior of our potential memberbase here, i.e.: find us, lurk, register, then join "m.com" because they have more hyperphallic macro hermtaurs (and also drama) than we do here.

But the lifeblood you're looking for is as follows:
http://www.lavadomefive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=771

While quite true, even more lurkers could be the change- because i was a lurker at one point, until i joined, YOU were a lurker at one point, until you joined, and so on and so on.

The only thing this forum needs is just a small growth spurt to keep the day active- May had 35 members on at one time, a few weeks later, one. Me. D= sure it could be timezones, but if we encorporate more members somehow, this place could be active most of the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:52 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
I've been a lurker long after I joined!

Really, I'm always on the lookout for fetish fuel, but I rarely find something worth mentioning here...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:18 pm 
Self-made mule
Maybe if we all got together and hacked Eccentricities, and then Taps, and BigClawz (ascending in estimated difficulty) and they stayed offline for a while then we'd get a larger userbase.

It would definitely be easier if this were back in The Days When teh Internetz wus Small™... maybe if we built a shrinkray powerful enough to reduce it back down, then this place could become the bustling inside-joke -metropolis that it was before. Wait, we've already got the inside-jokes©.... ha, we're halfway there already!

Seriously, without investing a lot of (Dino's among others') time and money in lots of infrastructure and ads and server-space, and social networking -tools, I'm not sure how best we might go about community-building for LD5, i.e. getting people to come here, register here, and stay here... historically, we've had no trouble atall with getting people to do any two of those at a given point, but all three at once? Y'got me there.

Maybe we should make like Zilla and abuse more image-macros.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:15 am 
Patch wrote:
Maybe if we all got together and hacked Eccentricities, and then Taps, and BigClawz (ascending in estimated difficulty) and they stayed offline for a while then we'd get a larger userbase.

It would definitely be easier if this were back in The Days When teh Internetz wus Small™... maybe if we built a shrinkray powerful enough to reduce it back down, then this place could become the bustling inside-joke -metropolis that it was before. Wait, we've already got the inside-jokes©.... ha, we're halfway there already!

Seriously, without investing a lot of (Dino's among others') time and money in lots of infrastructure and ads and server-space, and social networking -tools, I'm not sure how best we might go about community-building for LD5, i.e. getting people to come here, register here, and stay here... historically, we've had no trouble atall with getting people to do any two of those at a given point, but all three at once? Y'got me there.

Maybe we should make like Zilla and abuse more image-macros.

Yeah, guess you're right... mind, this community kinda suits its... (however ironic) smallness for a forum about Macros (not the image kind), you get to know everyone and make friends easier, but it just feels a bit on the empty side, once again, whether you feel that's a bad or good thing- is your opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Well from what I gathered virtually EVERYone who has been around in the furry community (tm) once was on LD5 in one way or another. But most of them then moved on and many made their own shit because LD5 wasnt cool enough for them or not big enough (yes, that's true) or because Dino is a prick.
Maybe he'll tell you a story about it, maybe he better wont. In any way LD5 is open to anybody and you dont need to register and I guess it thus is best, but not hip. Most of the popular people just need popularity it seems, so they go to places that are big and hip to be in, where they can get fanboys and watches and lolurartpwnz!!!11 comments.
I just still prefer one good friend and one polite and witty comment over thousands of site- or 'community' 'members'.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:17 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Yes, Blue has been nagging me to get all nostalgic and tell stories of The Old Daze(tm) when if I had bothered to lick arr-teest dong more I could have had the king of macro sites and all sorts of useless popularity. I kinda decided I'd rather have standards and a soul, if you can believe it. ;) Maybe since Jenn's away I can kill some time and make a new forum thread and start telling stories about The Old Daze(tm) and friends gone by. You'd be suprised how many popular arr-teests started out on LD5 and then moved on to start their own fandoms. You'd probably also be surprised that I'd say only the minority of those were assholes. :)

Anyway, I'm already bitching that there are too many new posts to read each day! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:28 pm 
Self-made mule
Dinosorceror wrote:
Yes, Blue has been nagging me to get all nostalgic and tell stories of The Old Daze(tm) when if I had bothered to lick arr-teest dong more I could have had the king of macro sites and all sorts of useless popularity. I kinda decided I'd rather have standards and a soul, if you can believe it. ;) Maybe since Jenn's away I can kill some time and make a new forum thread and start telling stories about The Old Daze(tm) and friends gone by. You'd be suprised how many popular arr-teests started out on LD5 and then moved on to start their own fandoms. You'd probably also be surprised that I'd say only the minority of those were assholes. :)

You mean back then they weren't assholes.

Dinosorceror wrote:
Anyway, I'm already bitching that there are too many new posts to read each day! ;)

Wait, isn't that what we're going for?