Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wanted: Commissioners
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:44 pm 
Species: Novaraptor/ Stripe-necked mongoose hybrid
This is one of the few forums I frequent nowadays, and I know we have some talented artists here (and probably people who know talented artists too), so I figured I may as well try asking here since I haven't been having much luck looking on my own.

The question is....which artist(s) do you know of that are good at macro, dinosaurs and reptilians / avians, preferably adult art, and are open for commissions in the near future? Trades or free art are great too, but I don't really expect to find many of those. Besides, I'd rather pay someone for a job well done than have them do it for free. (Guilty conscience I suppose.) Or at the very least, make something for them in return. Also...I can't do anything too overpriced (aka, not over like... $30 to $40...) so that's an additional limitation. XP Oh...and it also has to be kept private. (Except maybe on here...maybe...depending on what I ask for. =P )

It's just so frustrating when I find so many commissioners who have fantastic art, but they're so darn busy! And have silly rules about people posting to their commission journal in like .00000005 nanoseconds otherwise the spot will get taken. =/

So...thanks in advance. :D

Post subject: Re: Wanted: Commissioners
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:48 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Well you can look around and see that there are quite a bit of talented artists here. You might want to consider which style you want too because everyone's never going to have the same.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:12 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I recommend you send some business Quinn's way. He's a good friend of mine and he's a great artist. Tell him I sent you for a 20% negative discount! :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:44 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Furry commissions are a meerkat economy.

There is no such thing as a good, known, cheap, and readily available commission artist.
Because if there was, they would get tons of requests, which means they are not readily available anymore, which is a contradiction to the assumption.
They can only fix that by drawing only quick and not good any more, or raising their prices. Which makes them either not good or not cheap any more, which is once again a contradiction to the assumption.
q.e.d.

:whistle:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:52 pm 
Species: Novaraptor/ Stripe-necked mongoose hybrid
I know I'll be able to afford a pricey commission in the future...assuming I'm ever able to get on the commission slot / waiting lists of the artists I admire, which seems unlikely. *sigh* Oh well, I can dream, i suppose.

In the meantime, I'll keep looking, but thanks for the suggestions. :)