Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jurassic World review (no spoilers)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:07 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Well, in one of my few non-essential splurges since losing my job a few weeks ago, went to see Jurassic World on Sunday afternoon in Three Deeā„¢. Short answer, 4 stars, definitely the best of the JP sequels, and had the best effects and direction of any of them. Awesome sexy raptors finally in full-out proper action sequences. And what may be the highest technical stomp content of any of the JP movies! ;)

There wasn't much of a plot, of course, but it's a JP movie, it's about dinos going wild. I only had one "oh my gawd, you guys are dumb" moment the whole movie. I thought it had about the same fun and humor factor as the first movie, without seeming awkward and forced like it was in the second, and the third...well, I just recently watched all the movies again, and oh my did JP 3 stink to high heaven. It was like National Lampoon presents Jurassic Park.

The guy who played Kingpin (Fisk) in that awesome Daredevil TV series was in it, and he was showing a pleasant amount of acting range, more than I would have expected. The scientist character Henry Wu makes an appearance again (maybe the only one from the original movie?), and he had a touch of interesting character development as well, and they left a door open for a sequel big enough to walk a T-rex through.

Now, I've seen very brief reviews on both ends of the spectrum of this movie -- that they liked it, or that as one reviewer said "I like every movie I've seen, but I just did not like this one" -- but I think that if you liked the balance of action and a few laughs with a lil' bit of plot that the first one was, you'll like this one.

Post subject: Re: Jurassic World review (no spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:50 pm 
Species: Novaraptor/ Stripe-necked mongoose hybrid
Initially my first thought was "hated it" due to the ending and how I felt the human chars were really dislikeable, but after I watched it again, I enjoyed it more for what it was, just a good ol' monster movie with only a few hints of accuracy. (yes, I'm a pretty major paleo nerd and I know what they got wrong- the pterosaurs were the worst, really, even though all everyone seems to do is complain about the raptors. I like scaled raptors too so I s'ppose I'm biased there...even though I realize they're not scientifically correct).

Well, I also really disliked a few other scenes in the movie, but it's too spoilerific to post 'em here. But others were great, I just wish they did more with..."those" scenes. You know what I mean. :P

Post subject: Re: Jurassic World review (no spoilers)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:11 pm 
Species: Wolf-Raptor Hybrid
My only complaint was... "Traipsing through a jungle and running from a T-rex in HIGH FUCKING HEELS!".