Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with music creation?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:35 am 
Species: A cat (obviously)
To make a long story short: I'm working on a game and since I'm writing my own music for it I was hoping to receive some feedback on how I can improve things.
It may be pretty clear when listening to the track but just to clarify: I'm definitely not a musician, I'm just a guy screwing around with free music creation software so any feedback would be helpful. <:3

--> https://inkbunny.net/submissionview.php?id=883130

Image Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Help with music creation?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:34 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
BillyTheCat wrote:
To make a long story short: I'm working on a game and since I'm writing my own music for it I was hoping to receive some feedback on how I can improve things.
It may be pretty clear when listening to the track but just to clarify: I'm definitely not a musician, I'm just a guy screwing around with free music creation software so any feedback would be helpful. <:3

--> https://inkbunny.net/submissionview.php?id=883130

Dude, that's great jungle game music! I think the horn that comes in later may be a little too out-of-genre, but since it's only in there briefly, it's not too distracting. Also, kudos on using open source tools to make it all! :)

Sorry for the late reply -- I've been pretty destroyed trying to find a new job.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:46 pm 
Species: A cat (obviously)
Dinosorceror wrote:
Dude, that's great jungle game music! I think the horn that comes in later may be a little too out-of-genre, but since it's only in there briefly, it's not too distracting. Also, kudos on using open source tools to make it all! :)

Sorry for the late reply -- I've been pretty destroyed trying to find a new job.

Thanks a lot for the feedback Dino, I've already started to improve my songs as this particular tune does tend to get a bit repetitive. Thanks for the tip on the french horns though, trying to keep a song in style and sync is harder than I thought it would be. At least this means that I won't have to worry about the songs sounding 'too' homebrewed. ^^;

The use of open source tools was more because I don't like to pay for stuff *coughs, coughs* =P but on the other hand I was planning to connect a creative commons license to the music tracks of my game, because what's the harm in letting other people use my tracks if that only gives me even more exposure? But I'd have to look into several (legal) things first of course.

And that's okay Dino, I never expect people to reply immediatly. Real life always comes first, so In any case I'd like to wish you the best of luck in finding a new job. ;3

Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:52 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Thanks, Billy...I'm gonna need luck to ramp up on finding a job, because I'm going to have to start begging for money to stay in this house and keep LD5 running in about a month if I don't get one...