Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Negative reaction from non-macrophiles?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:46 pm 
*crush*
Species: Megaraptor ultragigantus
Has anyone here ever had a non-macrophile act negatively toward you when you reveal that you are a macrophile either online or offline, or just randomly attacked by non macros in general? I've just been curious about this lately. I'm lucky to have a girlfriend who likes macro stuff and told a few non-macros online about it and never got a bad reaction except only once. I know that some people may be disturbed by the violent aspects of macrophillia, such as destruction, crushing and vore. To others, the love of giants or tinies may simply be too bizarre to comprehend.

So, just wondering...any reactions from non-macros that are particularly bad?

Post subject: Re: Negative reaction from non-macrophiles?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:59 pm 
Species: A cat (obviously)
What a good friend of mine once told me went something along these lines: "If you use sex for anything other than making children then you're a sick person, but if you go to the store and buy a plastic balloon surrogate of a human, fill that up with air or water and put your penis in it, then you're absolutely normal!" That was the quote that basically summed up this problem in a nutshell for me.

Now I have to be honest and say that I've rarely had a negative experience, except at one point when someone at school found out about my macrophile.com account, was luckily in the last year.
It's true that people's disdain and disgust come from the fact that they either don't understand it or that they 'think' they understand it and take it to extreme levels. One of the most common examples of that is: "Wait, you like furry animals? OMG! You must get off to REAL animals!!!".

And getting back on the topic of macrophilia: People hear about it and think that you take pleasure in seeing destruction happen and the people around you die under a pair of massive feet, but like someone on here already pointed out: It's about the 'idea' of being large-and-in-charge, the 'idea' that someone or something is so big that others are simply reduced to insects waiting to be crushed underfoot, it's essentially a power fantasy in its most rawest form. Nobody likes to ACTUALLY see people die, that's as close-minded thinking as one can get.
Just because I 'enjoy' seeing giant characters flaunting their power around by obliterating cities doesn't mean that I would love to see that 'actually' happen in real-life.

The sad fact here is that there are many people, furries and macrophiles included who often still do not quite understand the concept of: Fantasy ≠ Reality and that is sad.

Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:18 am 
Species: Wolf-Raptor Hybrid
I've been lucky enough to not have any particularly negative responses to my tastes so far with furries, mostly just one guy who said "no comment". The only non-furry I've ever dated couldn't get away from me fast enough, sadly. :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:42 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I can't say I recall having any negative reactions to macrophilia in general. The one or two times it's come up in RL with co-workers or associates who were not furry or macro, they just kinda thought it was weird, and were just trying to figure it out. It was curiosity, not disgust. I think most people kinda know who is reasonable and unreasonable, and I think most people you consider friends are reasonable, so only if you start assaulting random strangers with info will you get bad reactions. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:16 pm 
Species: Novaraptor/ Stripe-necked mongoose hybrid
Personally, not yet. Then again, I try not to reveal that side of me to many people. The online friends I've told about it, haven't said anything negative so far, and I even learned that one of them shared the interest.

I've read a lot of negative replies on things like e621.net, though. Stuff like "what the hell?", "how can you get off to this?", "this is disgusting and the person who made it is evil", and so on, and so on. Quite sad, really. Just because someone makes violent artwork, doesn't mean that we ourselves are violent people who would enjoy that stuff in real life.