Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Furry Sighted!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:35 am 
Species: Wolf
Okay, so I haven't posted in a while and I got a good idea for a topic. I don't know that it's been done yet, but I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their stories on how they found out about the furry fandom and/or were led here. The following is how I summed it up for someone else so it may seem a bit choppy or broken so I apologize for that. I'm a bit lazy at the moment. XD

Basically... it's hard to tell where to start. I think I first got my foot fetish from watching Godzilla the animated series (the newer one) on TV. When I got to college I found that I liked anthro animals. I first came into contact a bit accidentally when I was part of a wolf rp forum and lots of the pictures on that forum were from Goldenwolfen (if you know her) and I used my Deviantart profile to eventually find out a bit more of furry art. I can't remember exactly how I specifically found out but basically I went looking for art... specifically with my foot fetish in mind. It was in looking for this art that I found my vore fetish and eventually found out about VLC (the first furry art site I began to use). It was through vlc that I was eventually led to FA and from there I found, of course, a lot of the furry art that I was kind of looking for. Eventually, through my search for more art - I guess I was actually addicted to some extend to furry art - I came across some site talking about Taps. I soon thereafter found out about Mucks and met a few acquaintances - some of which later became good friends - and after about a couple of months I was directed to this forum and corresponding Muck and that's how I've since came to be here.

So if any of you hate me, you can thank Odar for leading me here. Though, according to him, I would've found this site on my own eventually.

Feel free to comment or share your own story.

Post subject: Re: Furry Sighted!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:45 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
When did I first realize I was a sprotchophile? Hard to say, really. It was probably around the time I watched the Hanna-Barbera Godzilla cartoon five days every week. I now know I was watching closely for big lizard feet all along, but I didn't know it at the time. It wasn't until summer of 2004 that I discovered "Ecrabouillage" a French stomp-themed fansite for Giants: Citizen Kabuto. From there I was linked to Da Dome (powered by InstantForum at the time) where I lurked for a few months before finally joining in October. Finally, I had an outlet for discussion with like-minded weirdos!

So what makes me a furry as well?
I get a big ol' stiffy in the presence of pets and small woodland creatures. Without fail. Doesn't matter where my mind is at the time; I am physically aroused within three minutes.
...That's about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:06 pm 
A lonely dragon
Species: Dragon
I guess I found the furry fandom just from lookin' around the internet while looking at transformation art, especialy looking around DeviantArt. Before even that, I had a likeing of big, scaley feets ^.=.^. I remember whenever they had a show on TV about dinosaurs, my eyes would always wonder to their feet. So I guess that just grew from there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:14 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
A long, long time ago. In a galaxy not so far away, I-think-Afghanistan-it-was-back-then was under an attack. ...

Its really been a while since I 'found out' that I love dragons and dinos and such more than I was supposed to. I know I already knew and hid it when I was five. (take that, proof-constructing otherkins! ;) )

As in finding the furry thing on the internet that was back in '97, when I didnt even have my own internet access, and a good deal of all furry pictures and stories combined fitted onto one floppy disk. ;) There wasnt much out there back then, but it sure was easier to find by googling somehow. LD5 had just become LD3 by then, with the MacrocosM logo still around somewhere, there was a really great furry gallery that then somewhen wasnt anymore where I would dig for the occassional (by then tame) macro pic, I dont know if m.com even was yet, Furnation was big and constantly up and then down again back then already, and every macro story and everything the sexy macros well-writtenly did in it was a new experience. Good dayz (tm).
Until I asked the Dinosorceror to make me a furry.

I think I should perhaps tell it all once when I got some time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:59 am 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
I of the infrequent post have a story.

It's hard for me to remember back to the exact origin and order things happened in. I'm pretty sure the turning point was Godzilla, though. Specifically in 1998 with the Tristar movie. There was also a marathon of Godzilla movies on TNT that year, which was basically how a love of Godzilla began, but that's kind of a different story.

So back on the subject. It was 2001 sometime when I was sick home from school. All alone at home I felt free to look maybe for some things I wouldn't normally look for. I was browsing Godzilla fansites for some art when somehow or another I end up on Lava Dome Five. That was basically a "holy crap, look at this" moment. It's too bad at that point I still felt like crap, being sick and all. Everything kind of branched out from there. You wouldn't believe the things I downloaded off Lava Dome's FTP over dial-up back then.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:42 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Here's my little blurb about it.

http://lavadomefive.com/cs/forums/p/184/1059.aspx#1059

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:55 pm 
Blue Raptor
Well I just KNOW there was a rather long and confessing topic about it in the ancient (the OLD old) forums too,
(which strangely still have 34 guests online :shock: Well maybe its all the spambots that made us have to close it, or /forums is the default directory every bot checks out first)
But I couldnt find it.

*is annoyed that still not everybody from the last two forum incarnations made it here*
*puts a slipper here to lure them. And a coffee perhaps*

:coffee: :slipper:

Oh, nice comfy fuzzy slipper, and warm welcoming tasty coffee...
so comfy... comecomecomecomecome!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:07 am 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
I actually looked for it too, Blue, but the search function on the Ancient Forum seeeems to be broken, though I don't know how.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:17 am 
Blue Raptor
Oh, it isnt. I thought so all the time too when I tried it back then, but it works perfectly fine (within its limited parameters). Well, at least I was fooled until I disbelieved the results, and then remembered:
It just has the timeframe it searches in by default set to one year, and clearly there were no posts within the last year...
Ah, this good old memories of all the times I have been fooled by that :lol:

Well that's one of the advantages of this new forum, if it'd have such a sucking and confusing default like that, it could be customized or at least hacked to do it right. But it by default has it set to 'all result' of all times ever, so its good. (I'm still planning to change the default sorting criterium for the memeberlist and add those cool custom profile field links as buttons under each post and so on once I got time, but right now everything that isnt just cosmetics is fine, so Dino is pretty nag-free.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:29 pm 
I actually have a bit of history too...
I guess it started with the Land Before Time movies. I kept wondering, "why doesnt the big one stomp the others?" Then the 1998 Godzilla movie came out, and I started thinking about it. so thats basically how i got into this stuff, and so far i havent regretted ANY of it.