About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Legendz and Bakugan shows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:54 pm 
Been watching Bakugan on youtube. There is the complete episodes of Bakugan avaliable to see on Youtube. The main character is a dragon named Drago. Hes pretty cool looking. I got a bunch of screens of him and been planning on making a wallpaper format of screens of Drago.

Another show I discovered is Legendz. There are people here who might have heard of Legendz before. The show is finally viewable on Youtube so its new to me. Best thing about Youtube is I get to see shows I will never see and old shows arent on DVD.

While I was watching Legendz, I instantly fell in love with Shiron. I collected a bunch of screens already of Shiron and quickly did a wallpaper format of the screens I have now. Im on Episode 4 right now on Legendz and definitely be collecting more screens.

http://jd1680a.deviantart.com/art/Legendz-shiron-100581364

Post subject: Re: Legendz and Bakugan shows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:56 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
I remember seeing an episode of Bakugan some time ago. One. Okay, maybe one and a half. It was hard to get my head around the plot. It's apparently a cross between YuGiOh/Duel Masters and... Battle B-da-mon. This "Drago" guy is actually a little red plastic ball that can maaaaaagically transform into... a slightly larger dragon figurine. And this kid throws down his dragon toy and these cards trying to be all serious and spiky-haired... and there's a lot of special effects and it gets quite hard to figure out what's real and what's not (from the characters' perspective) but it all boils down to a tiny plastic DBZ standoff. Nothing against the show, it just seemed devoid of, well, sprotchy content. Any time a big dragon appeared, it was all shiny and spirit-like.

TV Tropes doesn't have much to back me up with on this one... "The main character's monster should have been knocked out in a single turn by the Chinese Girl, but the monster didn't feel like losing, so the main character won. Essentially by flagrantly cheating, apparently."

Legendz has certainly slipped under my radar, but that art style reminded me of "Mon Colle Knights" for some reason... that one had several dragons as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:29 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
To be frank I reckon that bakugan is really good because the episode im up to is where drago gets the infinity core and be comes the ultimate dragon ^^ (I reckon he looks like an animated tombfyre) and DBZ only good thing about that are the eternal dragons named “Parunga(I think) Shenron that’s connected to the guardian of the earth, the 7 shadow dragons in DBZ GT and then the red version of shenron.”

Back on topic drago evolves as he gets stronger by getting two heads and a little bigger.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:35 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Shadow_Wolf wrote:
(I reckon he looks like an animated tombfyre)

Since when does Tombfyre and moving go together? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:55 pm 
lol thats true

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:55 pm 
I put together two more wallpaper style of Shiron.

http://jd1680a.deviantart.com/art/Legendz-shiron01-100683953
http://jd1680a.deviantart.com/art/Legendz-shiron02-100684020

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:13 pm 
they are fair awsome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:59 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Shiron rocks! I watched a fair bit of Legendz myself a year or so ago.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:34 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
http://fchan.us/ah/res/80951.html <--AH thread on Fchan for Legendz-pr0wn.

Rule 34 is in effect.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:40 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Alright, you've convinced me. I strongly approve of Shiron's design, and I assume from the 600+ other Shiron-related Deviations that several other people love him(?) as well.

But one thing is starting to bug me: just what is up with main characters and goggles?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:46 pm 
Sprotchymon wrote:
But one thing is starting to bug me: just what is up with main characters and goggles?

well i think that it is a statis for respect such sa digimon they pass the goggles down from tai to davis in seasons one and two in the first episode

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Well Shiron Windragon has an aviator theme. It just goes along with the rest of it, so he is excused.

And as little as I saw of Digimon I think I recall one episode where one of the bearers of its mighty goggles that were indeed passed on from one kiddo to the other (and later recognized by someone that knew the first guy and saw them on the second) actually used them in a sandstorm.

*likes things that make sense*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:07 pm 
i agree with blues logic