Artist Gallery
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: America's Next Top Macro
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:24 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Hey there, everyone! Well, since I only have half of my planned slack week at home to recover from surgery left, I'm already getting itchy to be productive. :waterboat:

First of all, I've got thoughts for a new splash page for LD5, mainly since RipRoarRex provided that great graphic for use as such. And I'm going to go back and use that evil font that people bitched about because I feel like hearing people bitch again. :)

But, I've also got a thought for a new contest, maybe one to have on the forum, maybe one to do on Faibanx MUCK, or maybe both, but I can't believe no one's thought of doing a macro reality show yet. I mean, there's nothing on stupid TV but stupid reality shows now, so why not America's Next Top Macro?

In the past, we've done very few and very limited contests, trying to...well, frankly, appeal to the lowest common denominator that we're famous for. :) Like the Godzilla coloring book contest. Maybe for America's Next Top Macro, though, we have each of the weekly "tasks" be something that not everyone is good at, just so we can watch people squirm. :)

Anyway, other than appeasing Blue by spending ten minutes working on LD5, anyone else think ANTM might be fun?

Post subject: Re: America's Next Top Macro
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:58 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Yeah but one question:

America's?

Something tells me this came from the "America's Got Talent" show....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:21 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
No, it came from America's Next Top Model, something my wife, she watches. And damn right it's Amerika! If you don't like our failing economy, you can git out! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:03 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
They wish they could. ;)

ESC wrote:
Something tells me this came from the "America's Got Talent" show....

I think I really need to look into a minimum allowed font size once I got time again (tm)... :)

*is tempted to ask how is that supposed to work, and more important, will Ramsis stop claiming he is a popular macro in the weekly monsters magazine when he fails, but he doesnt*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:07 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
The next top macro had better be a giant tyrannosaurus or there'll be trouble!

But yes.. this sounds interesting :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:22 am 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
What about those of us residing outside of Amerika? ^^ Who can compete with super-giant cuddly mega-dragons from Canada? :3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:16 am 
Species: Wolf
Really now.... how would one have a contest with that? It does sound interesting though. xD To say the least. Dino, the crazy crap you come up with when you have laparoscopic splenectomy. We need to take more spleens out of you!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Nooooo! Don't takes my spleen! I still have that! And my appendix, too, I'm pretty sure I still have that! It was my gallbladder they done stole from me!

And...ugh, I forgot that Ramsis would want to be in the competition. :lionstomp: ;) Maybe we can convince him to just coach other contestants or something. ;)

I guess we could call it Faibanx's Next Top Macro, but then it loses more of the parody slant. And besides, when our economy does poor, we have wars, so pretty soon we'll be living on Planet Amerika.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:16 pm 
Species: Wolf
Dinosorceror wrote:
Nooooo! Don't takes my spleen! I still have that! And my appendix, too, I'm pretty sure I still have that! It was my gallbladder they done stole from me!

And...ugh, I forgot that Ramsis would want to be in the competition. :lionstomp: ;) Maybe we can convince him to just coach other contestants or something. ;)

I guess we could call it Faibanx's Next Top Macro, but then it loses more of the parody slant. And besides, when our economy does poor, we have wars, so pretty soon we'll be living on Planet Amerika.

Aw crap. I screwed that up. Oh well though. We should just donate your body to science while you're still living and cut you open and see what you need and what you don't need. Hrm... you only need one kidney.... you have two lungs... let's see about reducing your body weight internally. >:)

But does this mean you're going to be eating healthier now? And getting a dentist? .... Maybe? 0:)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:21 am 
Species: Snow Leopard
Tombfyre wrote:
What about those of us residing outside of Amerika? ^^ Who can compete with super-giant cuddly mega-dragons from Canada? :3

lol what about downunder us sun bakeing dragons X3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:50 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
If it's America's next top macro, then the rest of the world won't have to deal with the obvious disadvantages of having a macro around:

Image - Tyrnn's image

But we'll still be able to watch from abroad through our news networks and perhaps masturbate without danger of having our houses nosed down around us.

I am still assuming the next top macro will be a tyrannosaurus.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:01 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
If a tyrannosaur, I sure hope one with a higher polygon count. :) Maybe a nice juicy thick one like that one from the Kings Kong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:33 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
Heh. Let's hope Rams never looks at the forums :o

I'm down for an activity like this. But ofcourse more detail — like what menial stuff we'd have to do to make it to the next round — would be good.

And as faur as "America's Next Top Macro" is concerned, well the original title is preposterous as it is. And being an American is not a prerequisite for the show.

There was a new law passed so I think they _have to_ call it that because it's produced in America and they would get, uhm, sued if they didn't tell everyone in the title. If Lord of the Rings had been produced after this legislation it would have been called England Ireland New Zealand Scotland Whales Canada of the Rings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:00 am 
~MOO~
Species: MiniMinotaur
Pfft... I'll go macro for this event! :stomp: RAAAWR