Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I just want to know
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:32 am 
Species: N/A
If anyone know about any software of drawing pictures,and please tell me.

And how did everyone know about Lava Dome Five?
I didn't know there was the person who likes macro and other things as well as oneself till I discovered LD5.
Thanks to LD5 ! Sorry, I am poor at English.

Post subject: Re: I just want to know
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:57 am 
I love footpaws!
Species: Silver western dragon
Software of drawing pictures? You have the classical MS Paint. Or, if you wanna be more professional, you can use Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, but it will cost you. There's a program very similar and totally free, as it's an open source program, named GIMP.

I discovered Lava Dome Five the same day I previously discovered BigClawz.

Also, I love their feet, of course! ^^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:41 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
...which used to be hosted by LD5 and still sorta is, of course. :)

Anyway, I always like to hear about the people who got that "I realize I'm not alone" feeling when finding Lava Dome Five, especially when they're from other countries, so welcome! :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:10 am 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
There are a really lot of drawing programs out there. What you should get all depends on what you're planning to draw, how much detail/frills you want, your own style, and also probably whether you have a tablet or not.

Yiffstar, Side7, and also Deviantart (I believe) have web-based Oekaki-programs for doing drawings on a tablet or with a mouse. These services are free after you get an account.

If you want to get really intense you could get (steal) a copy of Illustrator and use that. It's prettymuch going to have all the tools for doing all types of drawing and colouring, whether you want a sketchy looking style like most people end up with using Oekaki or a cleaner, bold-lined-looking style like you might get with Photoshop.

If you want to you could also try getting GIMP, which is free, and supports tablets, and has functionality like Photoshop and Illustrator.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:30 am 
~MOO~
Species: MiniMinotaur
http://www.mediafire.com/?1z0m1nbjfwb Thats a link to download OpenCanvas 1.1. It's a very decent drawing program from my ventures, and I have seen some very nice stuff come from it! I found this place through Eccentricies in their link page. Heh... before they redid the front page, I though it was a kiddy site, so I ignored it~ XP Good thing they fixed that~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:04 pm 
A lonely dragon
Species: Dragon
I prefer to use GIMP. It seems a lot more simple to use than photoshop. I do however, have a portable version of Photoshop CS3 if you or anyone else wants it...

I found LD5 I think maybe the day or two before I discovered BigClawz about a year or so ago...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:19 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Odarious wrote:
I found this place through Eccentricies in their link page. Heh... before they redid the front page, I though it was a kiddy site, so I ignored it~ XP Good thing they fixed that~

Lol - the original frontpage was just Canaan's personal website rather than anything in particular to do with Eccentricities as a community. Kinda glad you said it though; it shows our work paid off from where the site might have been going wrong beforehand. I just hope we hadn't alienated too many people in the same way before then.

I use Paint Shop Pro myself; the version I have is an old package from when it was still made by Jasc Software (it's now owned by Corel) so I don't know whether it's still as cheap as it used to be, but it was always less expensive than the likes of Photoshop and Illustrator without being particularly inferior as a piece of software.