Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gay Marriage
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:24 am 
Species: Wolf
So it seems that people are quick to judge and condemn others around them.

For proof see: Proposition 8 and http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/11/9/9356/17632

I'd urge you all to watch this video and share it with your friends: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27650743/

Very powerful words and emotions from Keith Olbermann. That guy deserves laudable applause.

Post subject: Re: Gay Marriage
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:28 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Oh, yeah, I heard Jenn playing that last night. Humanity sucks. :) I really, really do wish that aliens would come down and enslave us, because we really are a sucky slave race that can't be trusted to be on it's own. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:19 am 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Dinosorceror wrote:
...Humanity sucks. :) I really, really do wish that aliens would come down and enslave us, because we really are a sucky slave race that can't be trusted to be on it's own. :)

Actually, you took the words right out of my sadistic thoughts. :devil:
Down with the people!! :lightning:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:46 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
as humans are still to young a race to look after ourselfs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:44 pm 
Draconian Warrior
Species: Draconian
Dinosorceror wrote:
Oh, yeah, I heard Jenn playing that last night. Humanity sucks. :) I really, really do wish that aliens would come down and enslave us, because we really are a sucky slave race that can't be trusted to be on it's own. :)
I think (given all the evidence) that aliens have been observing and studying us for a very long time. Sooner or later they will make their move. Perhaps under their guidance, we will become a better species.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:19 pm 
Species: Humie
naa,it's not an issue of humanity being at fault, it's religious dogma. Things like Islam and christianity are against the whole concept.

Come an atheist revolution, all of this won't be an issue anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:59 am 
Magnificent Bastard
Here's my stance: Consider the world of science. Many theories now accepted as fact and many tools now taken for granted were feared and despised when they were first introduced. It's only natural for scientists to reject anomaly on first sight - their field would lose credibility if they shifted their paradigms over every little issue. Even so, adjusting to change is inevitable, as adaptation is merely evolution abridged, and essential to survival, and more importantly growth.

In other words, the definition of true love is different for everyone, therefore it is counter-intuitive to impose a universal standard. If a man doesn't want a woman, but wants another man instead, and can find another man who feels the same way, more power to them. And more women for the rest of us.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:37 pm 
Species: Celtic Dragon
I actually sat down and read ... or at least, most of Proposition 8. I think they need to reword it. Under the definition of marriage now, it requires procreation to consummate the marriage. But they left that nice and vague. Does that mean a sterile couple cannot be married, regardless of gender? Did they annul marriages where there are no children?

It never ceases to amaze me how upset people get over things that will not affect them at all.

Also, this is again on topic, so it's worth posting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5YrB7TpT1Y