Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First the forum, now the WORLD!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:30 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Well, as you may have seen or heard elsewhere on Faibanx, Blue is justifyably nagging for a complete refresh of the entire LD5 web site. I was going to shit something quick and dirty out to be a new "front page" since the old forum is currently the entire front page, but as this software is just a forum and it's not even trying to be a main site like the other crappy forum software was, or...is it?

I guess that's the question. I really don't care to have this forum as the main LD5 page, but I'm open for suggestions. In fact, I'm open for creating a project team where Champions(tm) can have input and help design the new look and feel of LD5. Blue and I can't do it effectively alone, no matter what Blue says, and no matter how much crap I steal and retool. ;)

One thing that Blue got into my noggin years ago is the whole first impression thing. The whole fake-company theme and title is fun, and fun once you're immersed in the stoopid world we've created, but it's also not glaringly obvious we're about giant dino pr0n. I definitely want a front page that says (almost verbatim) that we're a website dedicated to dino claw pr0n. I still want to revise and repost the whole history and detail and such, but I also want maybe a link that says "Do I Belong Here?" leading to a page with simple answers.

Most of all, I want the page to be modern and vibrant, which makes Blue's icy pixellated heart crack, but tough. ;) I want sexy claw graphics and interactive animation.

But here we are, Blue and I. Neither of us have the time or, honestly, talent to pull that off, so I'm looking for volunteers. At the very least, I'd like to get some input and discussion going in this thread, and then set up some meetings on Faibanx to discuss it.

Post subject: Re: First the forum, now the WORLD!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:01 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Well, you certainly have no problem finding a suiting graphic to go with it, having an arseload of artists having done suiting material around here. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:24 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
That's certainly true. I wouldn't mind working up a montage of existing work, provided I got buy-in from the original arr-teests. Twelve claws from twelve original arr-teests, as K-Tel would say. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:32 am 
Species: Wolf
I think that RRR might be willing to make another graphic, unless you're wanting to showcase other artists as well. Heck, Sprotchymon has an interesting thing going with his avatar. You could make it to where every time you visit the homepage the picture changes. Personally, if you want a vote for someone to make a great foot-fetish pic then I'd go with Blotch. But I think many on the Muck could've guessed at that.

As for dino pr0n, I thought it was not only about scalies, but just feet in general. Then again I've been wrong in the past and most seem to be into scalies, but I just thought that it was a conglomeration of foot-fetishes.

I could give more ideas at the moment, but I'm not inspired at the moment to write a lot. I think my exam that's later today has sucked the energy out of me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:20 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Well, you're right in that if you wanna get down to what's "in the realm" of Lava Dome Five that it covers all sorts of stuff, but I gotta pick something for the main emphasis, and guess what it is? :) You count yourself lucky there aren't slippers on the front page! But in the "Do I Belong Here?" section, you'll have a full chart of what's covered and what's kinda frowned on.

I think the idea of a rotating image that changes with reloads is an awesome idea, so I'll be glad to steal that from Austin. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:20 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Hell yes! Rotating images! Thumbs up for that!
*gazes at his stretched out, lifted arms*
Well fuck, no thumbs! Anyway, the raptor approves!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:11 am 
Magnificent Bastard
I can pass along the code to you if you want. I would have got it working a lot sooner if the server I was originally uploading it to (this one) actually supported PHP. There's apparently a really short and a really long version of the code that does the same thing, but the long one is only about 6.5 KB.