Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gallery Access (one's own)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:29 pm 
Nothing will harm you tonight
Species: Fauna Dragon
Byzantyn here.

Hey, I am probably asking a question that the answer is well known and will make me look like a rube, but how do I get access to my own gallery? Specifically, how to re-download my pictures here back onto my computer.

See, my depressed, feeling-sorry-for-himself human tried to slay me by wiping out all his piccies of me from his computer and trashed all his backup discs of my lovely dragonself as well as erasing me from his other online image archives, so this is the only place left I know I'm still portrayed. I tried to download some images from the gallery, but all I can get is links or thumbnails, not the original-sized pictures. (The gallery says something about ftp, but it's been so long since I've used that I forgot how).

If I need to prove I used to be the flappiest dragon around, I can sure try. I want to come back and paste my pretty snout all over again and teach that sad, gloomy, person behind the keyboard a lesson that you just can't kill a dragon!. If it's not possible, I'll understand that too. Don't let my human's bout of nadir-walking keep this dragon's wings bound.

Winghugs

Byz :claw:

Post subject: Re: Gallery Access (one's own)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:15 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
From said gallery, simply right click said picture and select "Properties." Copy-pasting the full URL given under Location will give you the full resolution version of the image, like so:

http://download.lavadomefive.com/LD5%20 ... ollage.jpg

If you wanted it bigger than that... I'm afraid that's it. That's probably- no, that IS the size it was when originally uploaded. The new fancy gallery does not set resize images to a fixed maximum width - see Ahastar's section for proof.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:37 pm 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
If you've not uploaded anything since the gallery went manual access, just poke Dino into giving you an ftp account, which is how the gallery is done these days. Threaten the wee one with clean slippers that are lint-free and not filled with toes until he does something.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:13 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Yes that is how it is done now. Get yourself a password, and just shovel your goodness up, then wait for the autoupdate: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=151

*also just realized that the phpBB search function is totally anal and not only whines when thigns are too short, but also that "gallery" is a too common word to search for it. Da Fak? Stupid shit. Always that crap that thinks it needs to be smarter than the user. Too bad its not something changable in the options and I dont have no idea where it is and am not in the mood to dig up a crappy fanmade custom plugin on the phpbb geek forums and that Dino is too lazy... maybe later some time*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:21 am 
Thanks for the help! The "properties" thing works fine for me. If it wasn't for LD5 most of my artwork would have been lost forever to me (or at least stashed away in someone's local computer archive unbeknownst to them). I don't know why I do this to myself, but at least I got some of it back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:09 am 
Blue Raptor
Sprotchymon wrote:
From said gallery, simply right click said picture and select "Properties." Copy-pasting the full URL given under Location will give you the full resolution version of the image, like so:

http://download.lavadomefive.com/LD5%20 ... ollage.jpg

If you wanted it bigger than that... I'm afraid that's it. That's probably- no, that IS the size it was when originally uploaded. The new fancy gallery does not set resize images to a fixed maximum width - see Ahastar's section for proof.

Just before people take that serious and think they have to do something annoying like that:
Clicking at a thumbnail to watch the picture the normal way IS the full size.
I dont know why anybody would do such a funky thing, or why you think you'd have to do that.

edit: I just hear that some people haver their browsers default-set to shrink all images down to fit the window. *sigh*
Well if you have your browser set that way, I cant help it. But that will regardless only change the way the image is displayed in your browser, the displayed file is still at full size, so you can save it just as well even if it LOOKS smaller to you.
The LD5 gallery doesnt create poopy smaller versions to withhold goodness from yous. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:00 am 
Magnificent Bastard
I only said right click-properties because for some reason, (EDIT: In FireFox as IE somehow doesn't have this limitation?!) because of the way each full-size image doubles as an imagemap (different link depending on where you click) you don't get the normal right-click options (including Save As) for an image. You only get options like "Save Link As" which refers to the complete webpage, not the image alone.

...Sorry for the rage, but it was clearly stated he wanted to SAVE those piccies, not just view them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:20 am 
Blue Raptor
Ah, talk about plugin-platforms (formerly browsers) these days.
Yes, I see what you mean now. Never occurred to me that browsers could be that stupid. Maybe Dino or me can get into the gallery code and do something about this "feature", but I wouldnt count on it.
*shakes fist at stupid browsers*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:08 pm 
Aww, I didn't mean to stir things up. I thought that the missing "save as" option was some kind of block to keep people from downloading others' artwork--some kind of protection thing (some other websites have that feature, especially if they want money for their images. Looks like all it's doing is giving you a url that ends in .jpg instead of .html actually.

Serves me right for feeling sorry for myself and wiping out my own archives. Just... stomp me! :claw:
;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:53 pm 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
Easy enough.

* :claw: 's Byzantyn down through the ground*

There, how's that?