Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A question of slippers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:37 am 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
I've been trying to find a pair of Godzilla plush slippers, which is proving really difficult in the UK since they don't seem to be available locally. Importing them comes with a hefty postage cost from all the places I've seen online.

I found one UK shop that could import for me, and it seemed like a good deal.
That was 6 weeks ago. They have been having 'problems', first with stock being lost in the mail, and then with customs people being mean to them.
Now that I emailed them for answers, they say they won't be able to get the slippers until November.
So screw that, I'm asking for my money back. I would have considered it a con, except that they already refunded me partially for a mistake I make on the initial order, so I think I can at least trust them to do that.

So, the purpose of the post, apart from griping, does anyone know a shop that sells the Godzilla plush slippers (US size 11 - on size fits all) in the UK, or with cheap enough international postage to make the slippers worth getting?

Post subject: Re: A question of slippers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 am 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
The price of the slippers seems to hover around $30 US, and according to information fits size 8-12 quite well.

I wasn't too successful at finding UK sources, and when I tried international shipping I often did get unfortunate amounts of money (the price of the slippers over again). I was not able to try at Amazon.com, because they got angry at my bullshit London address.

Amazon has them with free shipping to the US, and my research indicates it would cost me about $5-7 US (give or take) to ship them myself. I would be willing to volunteer a trip to the post office if no other easier solution presents itself, because I've been there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:31 am 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
I lucked out and found a pair of the things at a local comic book store a few years back. They're not in business anymore, so a similar purchase seems unlikely. :p But yeah, I'm sure one of us could just order them ourselves, and ship 'em out to you quicker.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
This is most unacceptable. I just did an International Priority Mail package to Aeon that worked fine, and he didn't even have to pay taxes on it, and the stuff was worth a lot more than slippers. I'm more than willing to send him a pair if someone finds a good online supplier. I actually don't have a real zilla zilla pair...I have the bright green kind with yellow toeclaws and the stomp sound boxes in the heel. A real zilla-style pair would be nice to have a few of, and I could send one to Aeon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:16 am 
3-Headed Troublemaker
Species: 3-headed dragon
'Tis official, been refunded for my non-existent slippers.

I can't repay Dino with photos of godzilla slipper crushings now :(

If anyone sees a pair floating around a local shop, and can buy and post them to the UK for under 50 dollars total (the going online price, roughly), let me know and I'll happily paypal money. Amazon US has them in stock for $33.63. But will not ship to the UK!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:38 am 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
I'll have a look around the shops for yah. ^^ Never know what some of the other stores might carry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:44 am 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
Well, posting this here too, I went and ordered the slippers and there is a 99% chance that the shipping will be fairly far under that. As I said, I expect shipping to be less than $10, so we shall see in a week or so when they arrive!