Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Birthday and AC 2009 Experience
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:33 pm 
Species: Wolf
Well, I thought I might as well post this here for the benefit of y'all as well.

Well, today is my birthday. The big ol’ 2-3. Not sure that it’s really that big of a thing or what. I was complaining at work about how nothing happens when you turn 23 and I was corrected when one of my coworkers reminded me that you get dropped from your parent’s insurance. ;.; Well, so something happens, but it’s craptacular. Oh well though. It’s too bad people don’t really care as much about their birthdays as they get older. Maybe it’s because people just don’t look forward to growing old. I can see myself being that way as I get older as well though. :P

So yeah, I guess I’ll make this a double-update and talk just a bit about my first outing to a con. I went to AC ’09 a couple of weeks ago. Got to meet my mate for the first time and had tons of fun. It was a different experience than I’d have imagined (having gone to a more professional convention before and was a lot different). I had a lot of fun though. Anyways, I’ll just give some of my impressions from the con and make a list of just a few good and bad things to note.

Good – I got to meet a ton of furs that I’d met online, heard of and had never heard of before. I got to meet some of my best furry friends from online and had a blast sharing that time with them.

Bad – The panels that AC had set out weren’t really ran by people I would consider to be professionals. They seemed to lack a bit of experience in doing something like that and they weren’t done very well. Needless to say I think I know now why my mate doesn’t really enjoy going to them. >.>

Good – The Dealer’s Den was a blast. There was so much fun stuff to see around that I got to buy and a few artists that I got to meet that I’d really wanted to. Not only that but I also got to surprise my mate with the badge I’d commissioned for him a while back. His expression made me smile as I gave it to him. ^^

Bad – The <strike>Nazis</strike> staff security seemed to rule with an iron and annoying fist. It seems like they were treating us as though we were children that needed to be put under strict surveillance. I can see them trying to enforce some of the rules and why some of the rules are there, but sometimes you’ve got to use a bit of common sense and discretion otherwise you become an annoying jerk. I’ll just leave this one at that.

Neutral – Uncle Kage seems to have a bad and good side. It probably wasn’t a good idea to go to the opening ceremonies as I got to see part of the bad side. On the other hand going to the Charity Auction got me to see a bit of his lighter side. I got to hear a bunch of people talk about him as well. Some who loved him, some who hated him. I don’t know the guy personally so I can’t really make any conjectures about him.

Good – I got a whole week off from work to just have fun and see people running around in fursuits and get hugs from strangers. ^^

Bad – I got a bit moody a few times while I was up there possibly due to my need for a lot of sleep in a normal day. :( Sorry guys if I seemed to act like a bit of a dick at times.

So that’s really the bits I felt like pointing out from my experience. I’ll leave this post with some key words and phrases to remember this con by. :)

Key words/phrases to remember the con by:

Has he been making this up recently? Oh no, he’s been making it up for quite a while now.
You all have a whole country in here.
Dicks, dicks, dick and more dicks. More dicks than your body can handle.
He gets aroused by snoring.
I knoooooow. Can you believe it?
Who’s Lucas?
D-Greymon
What’s a wixxx?
D’awwwwwww
Oh my, where’d this badge come from?
Tag #666 for $500!
‘That’ guy in the pictochat
Pedo bear
It’s a spy!
You’re weird.
I’m evil! No you’re not!
Collars
What’s with the size thing?
Are all furries into vore?
Tigers smile when they’re asleep.
Don’t take my picture!

Post subject: Re: My Birthday and AC 2009 Experience
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:43 pm 
smexy assassin
Species: anthroraptor
Oh, good times, good times :P Before about a month ago I'd never even heard of the AC before. I will probably never go to one, but it sounds like fun! Nice quotes, by the way. "Don't take my picture!" Classic :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:01 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
Well It sounds like you had fun.., Maybe one day i can meet everyone at one of them ^_^.., Then the party will start.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:11 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
*hugs*
Sorry, somehow overlooked that post or forgot to reply. I'm getting old myself, older than 23. :D

Happy very belated puppyday, and I am glad you enjoyed at least part of the con and had more fun than what it looked like. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:27 pm 
Blue wrote:
*hugs*
Sorry, somehow overlooked that post or forgot to reply. I'm getting old myself, older than 23. :D

Happy very belated puppyday, and I am glad you enjoyed at least part of the con and had more fun than what it looked like. ;)

~prods blues real age to show~ I remember asking you on the muck you wont tell me D:...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:40 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Blue is not as old as me. I'm the fossil around here. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:57 pm 
Dinosorceror wrote:
Blue is not as old as me. I'm the fossil around here. :)

:o.., Rightyo then i wont ask..., >.>, Today >:3.