Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Uhmm, Hi, i'm new in LD5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 pm 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Well its not like people would contribute to discussions or such in the form and the mind of their characters. Except maybe the occassional ones that believe they are that character. :worried: (And no, I dont have anything againt otherkin.)
We surely make a lot of people that love a strict distinction between IC and OOC cry but we roar and nuzzle at each other playfully as our characters while discussing as our human selves on here, all under the same avatar. :)
After all, its not like it made that much difference or was hard to tell apart which is which. But maybe we are just awesomely relaxed about that duality. ;)

Anstallion wrote:
characters are cool though as a way to express yourself and your likings but if you cant draw, then not having one is fine (like me :lol: )

That is indeed a problem though. And if you dont know how to draw or describe yourself to a good artist you know you dont have a sexy reference pic of your character and without that you dont really exist either and noone else can really draw you. (like me, not-so-lol)

If you just want to have anything to hide behind or point to I can throw out a preview of some really really generic avatar-ish icons that I made for the customizable profile / PM buttons. Was going to offer those as default avatars to newcomers anyway once them buttons come out, but those will likely take a while still as they will hopefully come bundles with a bigger upgrade of the site's overall look.

So feel free to copy-paste / grow / shrink / mod any of these if and use as your avatar here if they are any good for you.
(from left to right: generic scaly, furry, avian, aquatic, robot, insectic)
(.bmp version: http://download.lavadomefive.com/member ... vatars.bmp )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:34 pm 
Thanks for the post, Blue. I'll keep that in mind. I also will look for another avatar. My current avatar is temporary, while i was looking for a new one.
Thanks anyway. :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:50 am 
Species: Stallion
thanks for these yeah your right, i need to get a character done up. it ll take a long time though because i cant draw. but ill hopefully get there in the end. need to start from scratch.i dont even know at this stage how to put an avatar as my picture (compress it)i dont know where to begin :lol: should be fun though to find out. if anyone could help me out that would be great :) but i also understand its one of those things you have to learn for your self too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:19 pm 
Draconian Warrior
Species: Draconian
Greetings and welcome aboard. LD5 was the first forum I ever joined. It was a great experience to meet others like myself. :)

Nice to meet you, paulscotti5. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:32 pm 
Species: Too many characters to specify
Welcome Paul, good to see another new face around here, makes me realize that I'm not the only neophyte around these parts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:26 pm 
Hey Argle, i'm older in this site than you, I should be greeting you :D