Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Should you decide to register...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:32 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Here at Lava Dome Five, we don't believe in making people register to see content, anytime, ever. Feel free to leech all you want off our art galleries and forums, we don't get wood over friend counts or arr-teest watch counts and don't need the false love created by such. However, we do encourage people who like giant reptiles or stomping megafurs or wish they were the size of a pea to join in the fun!

Just to get a couple of things out there from the start, though. If you have an AOL or Comcast E-mail account, don't bother using it to register with. No, it's not that we ban people from those systems, we don't ban anyone. It's that the corporate admins behind said systems block everything from LD5, so you'll never get any E-mail from us ever, so kinda don't bother. :) Gmail accounts are free and plentiful, so just use that or anything else if you want to register.

Also, be sure to give yourself a decent user name and fill in all the info in all fields provided with something intelligent, even if you don't give a crap. Why? Because we regularly (more like constantly) get bot programs which are just meant to register on forums and post spam. So choosing a user name like tharrn1224 is not going to lead me to believe you're a real person. If you choose something for a user name that's....oh, I dunno, more like a NAME that might be a good idea. :)

Finally, don't let Blue scare you off.

Yeah.

He knows what he did.

Post subject: Re: Should you decide to register...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 am 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Yes, not having a bunch of numbers in your name does make for a more believable individual. ^^ Also it is far less annoying to look at.

Spelling and grammar are also encouraged. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:36 pm 
Species: Snow Leopard
Tombfyre wrote:
Yes, not having a bunch of numbers in your name does make for a more believable individual. ^^ Also it is far less annoying to look at.

Spelling and grammar are also encouraged. ;)

L33t ftw XD, Nah sorry so worth it. Punctuation as well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:13 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Spelling and grammar are my favourite.

(Actually, I take offense when people don't bother to spend a minute or two to type a decent post, as the ones supposed to read it are obviously not deemed worth it. Plus it hurts my eyes and brain.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:56 am 
Blubber Dragon
Aye Blue, same here. It bothers the hell out of me when people just can't be bothered to take the extra time and type things out correctly. It makes it easier to read, and also much easier to get your point across. If I have to sit here trying to puzzle out what a person actually means with their internet gibberish, I tend to just pass it over or make fun of them. :3 Whichever is more entertaining at the time.

Though the latter option always leads to more drama on the internet, and we could all do with less of that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:44 am 
Blue Raptor
Update:

We are still getting a lot of bot and spammer requests. We still want to give everybody who is a real furry (and mature) an account so they can communicate with others in this place where so many macrofurs, pawlovers and other furs started out, but it is becoming increasingly difficult. If only minimum entries are made in the required fields, no useful information given, crappy spelling, if the email address looks like it will produce bouncing notes to Dino because it is a throwaway one and soon dead, if it was even valid in the first place (or if we cannot pronounce the string in the field 'Username'), this will mean the account is not activated. This is not about being elitist or whatever, but if someone fails to give proper information that makes it easy for us to see they are a real furry that wants to post here, we assume it's someone who is a bot, spammer, infant, or does not care, so why bother.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:49 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
So, this flood of new users we're gonna get, Blue...you gonna start advertising?

Crap, you do already, at Khans.

Am I gonna have to do more work? :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:55 am 
Blue Raptor
Dinosorceror wrote:
So, this flood of new users we're gonna get, Blue...you gonna start advertising?

Crap, you do already, at Khans.

Am I gonna have to do more work? :)

What do you mean, more work? :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:10 am 
Blubber Dragon
Dino is too wee to do any work. Make him hyooooge first, then he can work without effort. :D