It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dinosaur Zodiac
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:48 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Dinosaur Zodiac

After consulting the relevant signs and portents of the heavens (e.g. Google), I, the great and powerful Dinosorceror,
oracle of the Lava Dome, master of the Kruft and Slipper, hereby present to mere mortals the great DINO ZODIAC(tm), which
will allow the travelers here to determine their Destiny and Density, and also Other Random Attributes which will Make You
Feel Better. All of these are Dinosaurs, no matter what Science might say, as Science has no Business in a Zodiac. IGNORE
SCIENCE, and BEHOLD(tm0!

Triceratops
December 24 - January 20
The Triceratops has high ideals and aspirations. If you want to start a new project, get a trike to help you. They will
not be deterred from their vision. They are thorough, patient and their persistence insures their triumphs. When others
have long given up, trikes buck their way past boundaries. They are proud, and rightfully so -- they hold themselves in a
regal way. They are naturally noble, like they came from royalty. This is not to say trikes feel entitled. Far from it.
They believe in righteous hard work, and their integrity is their trademark.

Velociraptor
January 21 - February 17
Quick minded, and even quicker wit, the velociraptor packs a pounce in the realm of intellect. This dinosaur has impeccable
reasoning abilities, but moreover they have a knack for seeing the underside of things, a "sixth mental sense" if you will.
They have unorthodox vision, and should be called upon when fresh new perspectives are needed in a project. They also have
a kind quality that makes them lovable, although sometimes they can appear aloof because they like to be on the fringe,
always observing. Nevertheless, they have the best intentions at heart. Raptors are also very creative, and need an
artistic outlet to express themselves.

Gallimimus
February 18 - March 17
The dino-sign of the Gallimimus has a cool exterior but are infinitely lively. They are curious and are always full of
questions about how the world works, and how the saurs around them work...even if they aren't openly asking, you can bet
they're figuring out the answers in their own mind. Gallies are natural communicators, and they can be hugely persuasive.
If they are passionate about a cause they can round up the whole neighborhood with their zeal and enthusiasm for their
purpose. Gallies can be spontaneous and unpredictable too. Although they're pretty flexible, they like things to go their
way, and will prove to be uncooperative if pushed in a corner.

Allosaurus
March 18 - April 14
The Allosaurus is amazingly cunning and knows how to work a room with sly, sexy humor. Full of guile, vigor and bright
intelligence, allos are an untamable force. An allosaur is the one to take with you on exotic vacations -- they will wind
your ways into amazing adventures. They have a knack for story telling, and every experience is fodder for their tales.
They are tender-hearted, although they don't show that soft side too often because they're too busy playing and cracking
jokes. However, they aren't shy about showing their loyalty; if you are the friend of the allosaur, you have a friend for
life. Highly energetic and courageous, the allosaur has an indomitable spirit.

Styracosaurus
April 15 - May 12
Strong, loving, stable and sure are the watchwords for the Styracosaur. Styracosaurs are the ones you turn to when you need
a shoulder to cry on, honest opinions and solid advice, particularly in relationships. These saurians have bullseye
intuition and can spot a liar from a mile away. Because they're highly intuitive, they can be misunderstood as moody or
over emotional. They also come by stubborness honestly. They have excellent taste, and have a flair for classy elegance in
fashion and home decor. Styracosaurs are as trustworthy as the day is long, and know how to keep a secret.

Deinonychus
May 13 - June 9
The Deinonychus is vastly flexible and resourceful. They are the saurian you want managing your finances or handling your
legal matters because these saurs are infinitely clever (if there's a loophole, they've either found it or invented it).
They also have amazing memory retention. They are sometimes hard to follow because their minds are so sharp. They can also
be changeable, but they always come back around to a level of high charisma. These saurs are astoundingly versatile and
adapt remarkably well in any environment. Deinos are so loveable too. Even better, they love being adored, and easily
reciprocate affection.

Stegosaurus
June 10 - July 7
The Stegosaurus is associated with freshness, and opening to new insights, and sunnier dispositions. They are natural care
givers and will sing sweet melodies to cheer their friends and family. They remain calm in the midst of stormy weather.
You want to have stegos with you if you find yourself in a crisis; they are resourceful and stay cool under pressure. Stegos
are self-motivated (they know how to get what they want) and work best in solo situations. They are also have a high sense
of responsibility and moral integrity. They seek balance in their lives by being leaders at work on in the community, but
secretly they would rather be traveling abroad living a life of a gypsy (this however, is often against their better
judgment).

Apatosaurus
July 8 - August 4
Exuberant, expansive and powerful, the Apatosaurus will give you a run for your money. Naturally competitive, and
rightfully so. The apatosaur has loads of talent, and enough confidence to go around, particularly in business matters.
They have a sixth sense when it comes to strategy and navigation, possessing an uncanny internal compass. They are
gregarious, and openly charming...even flirty! They make grand appearances, and know how to carry themselves with style and
authority. They do well in leadership positions, but they are just as happy to be the helpers of the pack...as long as they
are given adequate recognition for their talents and contributions. Potentially headstrong, they are also valiant in times
of adversity.

Plesiosaurus
August 5 - September 1
Plesiosaurs dive deep in their inner waters for inspiration, bright visions and dreamy perspective. They are naturally
intuitive but they don't make a big deal out of it. These saurians have a unique view of the world which makes them some of
the community's best artists, poets and visionaries. Some times they dive way too deep for the rest of us, and some just
can't follow where they swim. That's okay, though, this aquatic dino needs that kind of depth, isolation and introspection
because when they come back up for air, the world is awed by their brilliance and insight.

Tyrannosaurus
September 2 - September 29
Spiritually evolved, and eloquent in expressing themselves, the tyrannosaur is in a class of their own. They have high
standards, infinitely discriminating tastes and they have a keen eye for beauty, even when others cannot see it. Very
refined and noble, sometimes the tyrannosaur is mistaken as being detached. The rex is a lover, and can prove to be quite
passionate in relationships. Their "coolness" comes from the rex's understanding of composure. They're natural
aristocrats. They can be exacting in details, and have specific ideas about how things should be done. If you want someone
who is perceptive, organized and extremely tasteful, get a tyrannosaur's perspective.

Compsognathus
September 30 - October 27
This saurian lives up to the adage "social butterfly," flitting from friend to friend in parties, and always in contact with
loved ones (they're the ones always on the phone, or texting). They can't help it. Compies are gentle souls who can't be
tied down for very long. They love to dream, express new ideas and talk about high-falutin' plans with all their friends.
These are the saurs who brighten up any dark day with their cheer and magnetically bright personalities. They are naturally
empathetic, and would never intentionally harm anyone. Rather, they make easy friends, and like to see others uplifted.
Compies bring a sense of wonder and youth to our world. Keep these saurs around you to remind you of how truly good life
can be.

Parasaurolophus
October 28 - November 24
Parasaurs have a strong sense of purpose, and will go to great lengths to see their point is made, and fully understood.
This dinosaur is fearless, brave and they rarely compromise. These are the heroes you want by your side in the heat of
battle. They will not back down, and they will take no quarter. Others marvel at their inner fortitude. Where do they
find the energy and wherewithal to keep going? They thrive on the challenge of the downtrodden -- that's what gives them
their stamina. They have well defined set of morals, and honor is their middle name. They are strong willed, and sometimes
live up to the "lone wolf" label. Nevertheless, you always know where you stand with them, and they will unite with you as
long as you share their cause.

Archaeopteryx
November 25 - December 23
When an Archaeopteryx sees something they want, they go after it with a force that is remarkable. If, however, they aren't
interested in a project, they will fly off to other more interesting prospects. They care deeply for wisdom, and often
focus on sharing that knowledge with others. They can be very philanthropic and generous. Teryx have a keen sense of
balance, and they navigate through life with an internal "true north" that creates an uncanny integrity within them. They
are open minded and philosophical. Although they entertain all manner of hypotheses, they are strongly opinionated (that
inner "true north" thing). That is not to say they cannot be persuaded.

So, dear reader, what sign are you? Feel free to post replies to say which you are, but which one you should be as well. :)

Post subject: Re: Dinosaur Zodiac
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:11 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
But it says I'm not a tyrannosaurus!

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE

NO ONE READ THIS TOPIC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Well, what were you then? :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:46 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
Hm. Lets see.

Yes, yes, yes, ... yes ...
Do I work best in solo situations?
When outside in the world, I think I work better with someone around that is affected by the same evil smite of fate, so I don't have to feel dumb for having suffered that blow. I can then take it as something normal to happen, and come out on top of it.

Not quite Stego. No gypsy at all.

OK, I am NOT a Plesiosaur.
Not dreamy enough. In my dreams, the dream bubbles have a much more geometrical shape because the usual bubble form is way too inefficient.

Also NOT a Compsognathus, and not all Parasaur in all the fearlessness, and not all Teryx due to often not going strongly enough after what I really want.

Aside from that... yes.
All of them. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:47 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
The Oracle(tm) also predicted correctly Blue would not say which one he was either. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:31 pm 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Well SUPER, of course I had to wind up as a Compsognathus...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
*clown laugh*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:05 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Apparently I'm a Gallimimus.

Isn't that the one that gets eaten by a rex in the first Jurassic Park film?

Yeah. Slight error of roles there, one feels.

:lol: Lol!! Fun thread, Dino!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:37 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Cold reading for the cold blooded. How delightful.

I'll admit to seeing more of myself within the first half as opposed to the second half. Of the latter, the least matching is the Parasaurolophus... but it's ideal for the fictional version of myself, which would be more known if I ever got around to writing stories.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:00 pm 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Oh noes! It doesn't say I'm a Dragon! WHATEVER SHALL I DO??!?! D:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:01 pm 
Self-made mule
Species: hinny
I demand more literature from you, Austin!
Literature!
Fegelein!! - I mean "Literature!!"

Also while I'm making fun of people I'm apparently not in the leadership role I maybe deserve to be in.
While I'm at it, I'm not sure I feel "expansive" and I definately do not feel powerful. I would have to ask someone else if I actually count as gregarious. Most would agree on my distinct lack of charm (ask Ramsis) and general flirtation (err, Ramsis again would know), though my *potential* headstrength is a given.
Being gothy clearly nixes style and likely authority aswell, adding to the fact that I randomly run certain words together for seemingly no reason.
I'm prettymuch a complete nonmatch to my sign, but, as I've been told before, I'm in so many cases often the exception that makes a rule.
So as you guessed, I'm supposedly an apatosaur. I guess it matches my namesake if nothing else.
It also match descs for Rappies, Trikes, NOT gallimimes (not "convincing", or, by the folks are convinced, they are also jaded or simply 'worn down'), allos, NOT styracos ('can't always spot liars, though getting better), deinochyus, stegos, plesios, trex, NOT compies ('try to be social but fail sometimes), parasaurs, and maybe Archaeopteryx.

Also, if Blue were to tell us he was born in April (April 3, 1930 to be exact), then he would be revealed to be the single and ONLY dino ever in all of Raptorland ever to be born in April, and, therefore, by clear deduction, be Helmut Kohl, as pictured below.
It is clear that despite his best efforts, his typical stereotyped serious-grownup-germanic indistinctive personal appearance managed to leech into his original character-design, a fact which only recently came to his attention, sparking a late-in-life (at 81 years) crisis. However, given the also-stereotypical Central European ability to engineer solutions (read: "Final Solution"... the reason that 90% of all weesaurs were stomped flat in the mid 1900s, and why many older Raptorlandians such as Blue himself are uncomfortable ever revisiting such stomping of weesaurs, or anyone else for that matter, ever again, even when begged to do so) a few tweaks to his character's attire/facepaint will likely ingeniously solve his problem, even in greyscale facial portraits!

Attachments:
File comment: Blue's IRL photo.
Blue Anthroraptor.jpg
Blue Anthroraptor.jpg [ 57.47 KiB | Viewed 5746 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:53 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
That's not Blue, that's a shop! I can tell from some of the pixels, and have seen quite a few shops in my time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:41 pm 
Destructive dragon
Species: Dragon
:o :shock:

IMPRESSIVE... that's the only word to describe what it is, it really matches A LOT to myself being the Gallimimus, again I'm impressed by how close it got 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Funny thing, that...I don't have shit for magic powers. True story! Maybe one day I'll write the story of how the Dinosorceror came to be. Maybe I'll do a cool SuperFriends "History of Doom" angle, where some alien visitors from the future come across the ruins of LD17 and review old logs to see what happened. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:07 pm 
Draconian Warrior
Species: Draconian
According to this, I'm a Styracosaurus and not a Lyran! :shock: