About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just a idea
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:27 pm 
Since I don't have a computer and forum is the only way to contact, is there a way to make Faibanx for a phone because thats all I have. :|

Post subject: Re: Just a idea
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:36 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Looking over at the Wikiblah page for Telnet, SSH and related applications, a phone version only seems plausible if you have a high-end model such as T-Mobile's Blackberry Curve, the iPhone or an Android.

Failing that, why not scan craigslist for a used netbook? Shouldn't take more than $200. Cheaper than buying one of the above phones, at least.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:47 pm 
GET A NEW PHONE! I DON'T HAVE THAT MONEY!Thats why iam on mah phone. But I might go down to the store. I look at this before and theirs a data chip I can buy.It may work but never-the-less unless Dinosorceror makes a phone Faibanx link.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:38 am 
Blue Raptor
Species: anthro raptor
It is not our fault that your cellphone is not capable of handling neither the browser based telnet nor a MUCK client.
And it is not like Dinosorceror or someone here 'makes a link' but the MUCK uses a widely used MUCK program that someone else wrote long ago, and users use a client of their choice to connect to it, that also someone else wrote.

So I suggest you inform your self or ask someone first before you go all WANT WANT WANT and shout at people with cruise control for cool on the internet. Hm-K?

Decent spelling is also always approved.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:07 am 
I never said it was your fault. Ill just sound like an ass. Also Iam asking if theirs anything for the phone for it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:04 am 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Telnet based muck services were made for computers, not phones. A newer smartphone with a proper operating system might be able to connect. But no, mucks were not designed to magically run off your cell phone.

Until you can get your own computer, use the library. Ta-da.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:11 pm 
Theres one big hole in all your stories. This is a smart phone.and think about it.Do you really think it would work for the phone. I went to the libary (TA-DA) and it told me to enter user and password (during Faibanx muck). It told me to send an e-mail. BuT to who. Help me blue. :scglobe:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:02 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
You tell us to 'think about it' and yet from what you ask it is clear you have not even read the Faibanx FAQ.

Email or PM Dinosorceror with the user/pass combo you wish to use, and he will get back to you once he is finished setting that up. Then you can try again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:05 pm 
Ok ok. Lets end dis useless subject after Dinosorceror posts his opinion.Because blue is making me sound like a asshole. :x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:50 am 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Yeah, read the FAQ. Its right there, in sticky glory last time I checked. PM Dino, as it says, and wait for him to set up an account for you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:09 am 
I message him yesterday I should get one today. If I can ask permission to delete dis post then that will be wonderful. Because I think everybody is telling mah teh same thing.But anyway thank you all for helping me. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:44 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I'll check my PM and make your account now. I'm sure Blue's eager to meet you! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:13 pm 
Frosty Fur
Species: Squirrel
My university prevents me from using Telnet/IRC stuff over their halls of residence, so using a phone was my only option.

Fortunately, a very short search led me to MidpSSH, which got me online through my phone (Samsung Monte) without any trouble at all. Of course, having a touchscreen phone means a larger screen space, but it looks like its designed to work on older phones too. It's worth a try.

Just thought I should leave this here since it's relevant and got me on Faibanx easily.

Edit: Just tried it on my old Motorola L7 and the functionality was identical, just with less words per line of course. I think you'll be able to get this working on any Java-compatible phone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:40 pm 
Zeem wrote:
My university prevents me from using Telnet/IRC stuff over their halls of residence, so using a phone was my only option.

Fortunately, a very short search led me to MidpSSH, which got me online through my phone (Samsung Monte) without any trouble at all. Of course, having a touchscreen phone means a larger screen space, but it looks like its designed to work on older phones too. It's worth a try.

Just thought I should leave this here since it's relevant and got me on Faibanx easily.

Edit: Just tried it on my old Motorola L7 and the functionality was identical, just with less words per line of course. I think you'll be able to get this working on any Java-compatible phone.

zing zing zing zimg we have a new umm furry a he is a squarel.we will have plenty of fun crushing you *shouts*HEY everybody LOOK AT THIS.sorry dome policy. :lol: *jumps on him* oh yes and thank you for the info.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:14 pm 
Frosty Fur
Species: Squirrel
Thanks for the welcome, and no worries about the info. As for Faibanx, i'm already there. ;)