Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marco - Bunny Crunchers (Hard Crush)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:12 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi guys, RipRoarRex back with some new artwork.

(WARNING - HARD/VIOLENT CRUSH)

Been in a bit of a horsey mood in recent weeks, hence following on from 'Rearing For The Kill', I'm giving Marco another outing - after all, if history is anything to go by, it'll probably be years before I draw him again...!

:roll:

Folks have probably seen before (example) that I have a bit of a thing for horses stomping through mud. Of course, I'm also a major crush freak, so I find something very alluring about the thought of strong, unforgiving hooves crushing a victim down into soft mud...

:devil:

I used to draw a lot of crush comics back in my early teens, and recently I've been very curious about revisiting old ideas that I had previously tried many years ago. Essentially therefore, this is a re-working of a sequence I drew years ago. That was just a fairly crude series of drawings which are long gone now, so I thought I'd bring it up to date in digital form as a 4 page comic.

A couple of things I should note (for anyone who is interested!). Firstly, having recently got a new computer, I finally decided to move with the times and stop using Paint Shop Pro 7, so I bit the bullet and bought PaintShop Photo Pro X3. This is the first piece of artwork I've made using it, but it's still so wonderfully familiar and easy for me to use. I've never liked Adobe's drawing software myself; I've always found Photoshop and Illustrator massively confusing. Paint Shop Pro has always made more sense to me, plus it's so much cheaper and much better value in my opinion. Just a little product endorsement from me(!) but back to the pictures.

Secondly, with so many panels to colour with a considerable level of detail, I was rather conscious of this project taking way too long. So I decided to try a new colouring method - I say new; new for me, anyway, even though it's probably the method that most other artists use. Rather than initially cell-shading the picture and then blending it - which takes forever - I tried applying a softer brush and shading it more naturally, a bit like Xss has previously suggested (thanks, Xss! ). To be honest, I wasn't hugely comfortable doing it - I felt like I didn't have much control over it, and it still took a disproportionate length of time, but it probably did save me a lot of hassle and I think it still looks just as good.

I must admit, the weather and the moody lighting was something of an afterthought. I started trying this new shading method on panel 1 and realised that Marco looked shiny and wet, so I experimented with making it look stormy and dark. I think it kinda adds to the sinister action and the hopeless humiliation of the victim.

I'm not 100% pleased with this - I really struggle with horse anatomy and some of it is still wonky in these final images (again demonstrating why I say I'm good at colouring but very average at linework). I also hate doing comics; aside from being loads of work, there's always issues of continuity and consistency, and some of that is wrong here too. Not least because, for example, panel 1 looks completely different to panel 6 as I was slowly getting used to the new method of shading as I went through the comic. I'm not sure I'll keep using this method, but hopefully I'll improve with practice.

Anyway, the usual warning is there, guys, so please heed if the subject matter is to your distaste. But for those who don't mind the odd drip of crimson here and there, here's the comic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Marco doesn't think of his feet as hooves. He prefers to call them his beloved "bunny crunchers"...

Page 1
Attachment:
File comment: Marco - Bunny Crunchers (Pg 1/4)
Page1.jpg
Page1.jpg [ 749.59 KiB | Viewed 10021 times ]

Page 2
Attachment:
File comment: Marco - Bunny Crunchers (Pg 2/4)
Page2.jpg
Page2.jpg [ 739.23 KiB | Viewed 9975 times ]

Page 3
Attachment:
File comment: Marco - Bunny Crunchers (Pg 3/4)
Page3.jpg
Page3.jpg [ 766.83 KiB | Viewed 9904 times ]

Page 4
Attachment:
File comment: Marco - Bunny Crunchers (Pg 4/4)
Page4.jpg
Page4.jpg [ 707.48 KiB | Viewed 9919 times ]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Marco - Bunny Crunchers (Hard Crush)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:23 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Okay, first off, this is a really wonderful sequence. As usual, your Thot'Bubbl'z heighten and enhance the story just as much as the artwork itself. And the artwork is really amazing. :)

But I do need to say. Y'all know I really don't get off on horse hooves much. Sure, just about anything can be smexy stomping, but I really prefer standard foot with toes.

But the bottom frame of page 2...yeah, that's soooo fuckin' spoogeworthy. :up: :lol:

Damn S'lendro and his whole 'fear' aspect rant comes to mind.

Deeeeeeayyyyymmmmnnnn. :)

:slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:39 pm 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
A non-anthro horse with hooves is about as far from my taste as it gets.

But...what Dino said. ^^;

Actually I think one of the things you do that really appeals to me is have sequences of images, depicting a process, and having those little bits of dialogue and thoughts. Those are key things to smexiness!

Oh, and the picture itself. It looks good as ever. Crushing in the rain is cool. I don't have really much to say on horse anatomy though. I think they're funny lookin' :angel:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:44 pm 
Species: N/A
Run rabbit run! *squash*
Nice work as usual, RRR!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:12 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
I fully approve of and endorse ultra heavy hoof-trampling by sadistic horses, and rumour has it that I am somewhat enjoying crushing - so this here gets raptor applause! *stands up tall, clapping his hands!*

You know what detail I really like? The beard-y patch of fur on Marco's chin in the very last panel. It helps get the psycho across.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:51 am 
Species: Humie
Wrarw~.so wonderfully sadistic, if only this didn't have hooves,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:55 am 
Dinosorceror wrote:
Okay, first off, this is a really wonderful sequence. As usual, your Thot'Bubbl'z heighten and enhance the story just as much as the artwork itself. And the artwork is really amazing. :)

But I do need to say. Y'all know I really don't get off on horse hooves much. Sure, just about anything can be smexy stomping, but I really prefer standard foot with toes.

But the bottom frame of page 2...yeah, that's soooo fuckin' spoogeworthy. :up: :lol:

Damn S'lendro and his whole 'fear' aspect rant comes to mind.

Deeeeeeayyyyymmmmnnnn. :)

:slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper: :slipper:

Heh - yes, Page 2 is my personal favourite as well, and I think that goes for a few people. ;)

I'm always in two minds about whether to splatter speech or though bubbles all over it, largely cos I know A.) It obstructs the drawing I went to much effort to create, and B.) It can be a bit corny, I know. But I quite like it as a means of expressing the character's behaviour more directly.

(And "Thot'Bubbl'z" - no trademark? I might have to steal that...! ;) )

Thanks, Dino! Not much your thing, I know, but glad I could give your hoof fancy a bit of a tickle. :lol: Lol!

Selendro wrote:
A non-anthro horse with hooves is about as far from my taste as it gets.

But...what Dino said. ^^;

Actually I think one of the things you do that really appeals to me is have sequences of images, depicting a process, and having those little bits of dialogue and thoughts. Those are key things to smexiness!

Oh, and the picture itself. It looks good as ever. Crushing in the rain is cool. I don't have really much to say on horse anatomy though. I think they're funny lookin' :angel:

They are, but they have their own unique charms. ;)

To me, animations are the best, followed by comics, followed by individual images, in terms of putting a fantasy into a visual form. Having said that, the work also increases through each option from individual images upwards. Comics are great for demonstrating an idea through a sequence, but there's a lot of effort involved, and most of the time I can't be arsed!!

:lol:

But yes, glad the dialogue/thoughts were appreciated. You'll probably notice it's all thought instead of speech - I often imagine my non-anthro characters as not speaking, but still being just as intelligent and understanding as my anthro characters, hence Marco is capable of such devious thoughts...

:devil:

Anyway, thanks Selendro!

RavenClaw wrote:
Run rabbit run! *squash*
Nice work as usual, RRR!

I don't think that's how the song goes... :lol: Lol!

Thanks, Ravenclaw!

Ahastar wrote:
I fully approve of and endorse ultra heavy hoof-trampling by sadistic horses, and rumour has it that I am somewhat enjoying crushing - so this here gets raptor applause! *stands up tall, clapping his hands!*

You know what detail I really like? The beard-y patch of fur on Marco's chin in the very last panel. It helps get the psycho across.

You, Ahastar? Into crushing? You kept that one quiet...

:roll: Lol!

Thanks, bud! Good to hear it was to your crushlusty approval, even if lacking in scales! And I never thought about the facial fur in that way... but I guess you're right! :D

AlternateArtisan wrote:
Wrarw~.so wonderfully sadistic, if only this didn't have hooves,

It'd be a bit awkward without the hooves - I think he'd be falling over a lot.

;) Lol!

I'll stop being facetious now. Thanks Artisan!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:02 pm 
Movie Monster
Species: Anthro Dragon
I'll be honest, the words that are the sexiest are quite cheesy. I'm not sure how to quantify it exactly, but that's been my experience writing. I think it might just be the level of intensity you have to achieve. You need supervillain levels! And a lot of it is repetition of ideas over and over such that you reach a point where...

So anyway!

Why are horse beards psychopathic?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:42 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
At the risk of having missed something, mightn't the psychopathicness be more down to the glaring red eyes than the beard.......?

A horse with red eyes seems a damn sight more unusual to me than a horse with hair on its face!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 am 
Species: Black Ice-Demon Dragon
ooooooh nice gorey blood and flesh...

bunnies must....diiiiieee......

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:51 am 
Selendro wrote:
I'll be honest, the words that are the sexiest are quite cheesy. I'm not sure how to quantify it exactly, but that's been my experience writing. I think it might just be the level of intensity you have to achieve. You need supervillain levels! And a lot of it is repetition of ideas over and over such that you reach a point where...

So anyway!

A tried and tested formula, maybe. Or perhaps it's because the simplest dialogue has the implicit effect of the dom treating the sub like a child. Or indeed, perhaps even the dom themselves taking childlike enjoyment in knowingly doing something wrong.

Plenty of theories...!

Selendro wrote:
Why are horse beards psychopathic?

Diablo wrote:
At the risk of having missed something, mightn't the psychopathicness be more down to the glaring red eyes than the beard.......?

A horse with red eyes seems a damn sight more unusual to me than a horse with hair on its face!

The rex makes a good point... ;)

And yes, the eyes are meant to reflect a mildly insane quality. I think it works. :whistle:

ESC wrote:
ooooooh nice gorey blood and flesh...

bunnies must....diiiiieee......

Well, it seems this one must anyway. But I have no objection to bunnies. Especially not when they're big and stompy in their own right.

:D

Thanks again, folks!