Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brian & Stewie in 'Road To The Microverse' [Animation]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:02 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Howdy peeps! RipRoarRex here, making one of my whistlestop tours of the Dome to showcase my latest big project.

:D

Anyone who might have been following my scraps and journals on FurAffinity recently may be aware that I have been working on an animation project based on Family Guy involving Brian and Stewie Griffin. Having drawn both characters several times before, I came up with an idea back in March this year for a short sequence which builds somewhat on my parody of the Family Guy episode "Road to the Multiverse" from last year entitled "Road To The Macroverse" - except instead of a growth scenario, I opted for a shrinking one.

As is often the case with my work, I made little effort to keep track of how long this project was taking me. I started it in mid-March and worked quite intensively on it for a couple of weeks before putting it on the back burner for most of the summer. Given that I am set to lose much of my free time once I return to University in October however, I decided to resume work on the project in the hope of getting it finished before my course starts. On the whole, I would estimate it took around 6 weeks spread over that 6 month period.

To make a few things clear: as most people will be fully aware, obviously Family Guy and the characters of Brian and Stewie Griffin are the creations of Seth MacFarlane (Fuzzy Door Productions/Twentieth Century Fox), and the style of this animation is basically a slightly crude imitation of his work. In addition, the voices of the characters and a number of other sound and music samples were sourced from episodes of the show. On my part, the story is of my own creation, and the drawing and animation of all the visuals - both foreground and background layers - was executed by myself. I also compiled and mixed the soundtrack, combining the samples sourced from the show with a collection of my own sound effects recorded by myself, and the Flash file was programmed by myself as well.

Whilst this is fundamentally a macro/micro crush animation, I have tried to make it entertaining in its own right with a number of references to the show that fans will most likely recognise. Family Guy is obviously an adult programme which has never been shy to showcase gratuitously graphic violence, but whilst the actions and sound effects of this animation are in keeping with that tradition, I have sought to keep the visuals 'tame' enough for a general audience and avoid making it too dark in nature. Hence, that is why Stewie is depicted coming out of the experience relatively unscathed despite plenty of suggestion that he should be reduced to a bloody pulp!

:lol:

On a technical note: I have attempted to make this animation available in a variety of formats in the hope that nobody will experience difficulties trying to watch it. For the first time, I have uploaded this animation to my Youtube account, so the video is available to watch using the link below. There is a Flash version on my Furaffinity page (click here) - though I have endeavoured to make it smaller, the preloading SWF Flash file itself is perhaps a little on the large side for some connections at approximately 3.5 MB, so bear in mind there could be a long loading time if you are on a slow speed. I'm also told a few people have experienced some sound-picture synchronisation issues when watching the Flash version, but hopefully this won't be a problem for the majority of viewers. Alternatively, there is a lower quality MP4 version at 14 MB which is available to download (click here).

This has been my most ambitious project ever and, whilst the 1 min 30 secs running time ranks it with the shortest of the shorts by professional animating standards, it is also by far the longest and best animation I have ever created. It has been a great deal of hard work, time and effort, but I'm delighted that the final product has come out looking so close to my original conception of it 6 months ago.

Comments and feedback very much welcome as always, and if you have any problems viewing the animation in any format, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me via PM or email.

;)

--------------------

Brian decides to exact some sweet revenge for past abuse after stumbling across one of Stewie's latest inventions - a fully functioning shrink ray.

Click here to watch on Youtube

Click here for .mp4 version (14 MB) (Click to view in browser or right-click and select 'Save Target/Link As' to download)

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Brian & Stewie in 'Road To The Microverse' [Animation]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:07 pm 
Blubber Dragon
Species: Blubber Dragon
Well despite shrinking and crushing not being my thing, I have to say that was hilarious. ^^ Damned fine work on the animation and style emulation as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:26 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
Well. The important thing here is that you nailed the comedic timing. This animation succeeds as being fetish fuel for us, and simple slapstick for everyone else.

If you ever find the insatiable urge to elaborate on this, I can provide a spot-on impersonation of Stewie in the event you can't find just the right voice clips elsewhere. You've probably already said 'not bloody likely' but there's always a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:32 am 
Tombfyre wrote:
Well despite shrinking and crushing not being my thing, I have to say that was hilarious. ^^ Damned fine work on the animation and style emulation as well.

Thank you very much, Tombfyre!

Sprotchymon wrote:
Well. The important thing here is that you nailed the comedic timing. This animation succeeds as being fetish fuel for us, and simple slapstick for everyone else.

If you ever find the insatiable urge to elaborate on this, I can provide a spot-on impersonation of Stewie in the event you can't find just the right voice clips elsewhere. You've probably already said 'not bloody likely' but there's always a chance.

Heh - sadly I can't see me ever doing another animation like this; just time constraints, not to mention having found this whole thing rather draining after a while. But thanks for the offer - I feel like I want to hear your Stewie!

And yes, I did want to make this video more than just a fetish thing for those who wouldn't understand it, hence the references to jokes in the show and a certain amount of effort into trying to make it funny for the average viewer.

Thanks, Sprotch!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:36 am 
Snufftastic Raptor!
Species: Half-Demon Deinonychus
Hahaha, oh man - that is both parts awesome and funny. Outstanding job including the snippets of voicework from various episodes, *ALL* of which I recognized!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:18 pm 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
Goood heavens, that's amazing!

Superb work with the style emulation and the stomping is, of course, unbearably sexy. Wow.... it's obvious you put an awful lot of work into this one. My favourite shot has to be (of course) the looming paw shot - those suggestively splaying toes are good for watching over and over.

You're a credit to the community, RRR!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:29 am 
Ahastar wrote:
Hahaha, oh man - that is both parts awesome and funny. Outstanding job including the snippets of voicework from various episodes, *ALL* of which I recognized!

Heh - well I would think some people would recognise most of it! After all, if I knew where to find some of them, I suppose a few others would too!

:)

Thanks very much Ahastar! Glad you found it funny too!

Diablo wrote:
Goood heavens, that's amazing!

Superb work with the style emulation and the stomping is, of course, unbearably sexy. Wow.... it's obvious you put an awful lot of work into this one. My favourite shot has to be (of course) the looming paw shot - those suggestively splaying toes are good for watching over and over.

You're a credit to the community, RRR!

Thank you very much for the compliment, Diablo! It was a great deal of work and took a lot of time - hence why nobody has ever seen me finish a proper animation project before!

I think that particular shot is the favourite of most people, which is quite understandable! Good to know the stompage has your "stamp" of approval though!

:)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:36 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Well, I had to watch this at work as a silent movie, but you may be interested to know that I don't think I missed anything -- the end was animated well enough that I knew exactly what you were doing. :)

And damn, that's a smexy stomp to boot. Whatever effort you put into it, it was woooooorrrrrrth it. :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm still sick, but came to work today anyway, but this made it worthwhile. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:47 am 
Thanks Dino! The sound does rather add to it, I feel, so be sure to check it out with all the crunching and screaming whenever you get the chance!

;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:01 am 
Species: N/A
This one is far better than the one I saw on cartoon-network the cable TV channel. :up:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:33 am 
Species: Anthrodragon
Murr...toon stomp...my favorite...nicely done. Nice use of previously made voice clips. Fair on style emulation.