Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alan-a-Dale - Wandering Minstrel
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:20 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi everybody - RipRoarRex here with one last offering before university consumes my life again...

:(

Allow me to introduce another one of my secret furry crushes. (No, it's not Brian Griffin this time! ;-) ). It's Alan-a-Dale, better known as The Rooster from Disney's Robin Hood.

:D

Robin Hood likely serves as something of a baptism for many furries, and it seems there are many out there who haven't been so ashamed as to not 'use' the characters therein for their own pleasures. Hence, I thought it was about time that I had a little bit of fun with it myself.

To many fans of the film, Alan-a-Dale is probably not the first character you'd think of. But the paw fetishist in me always secretly found something curiously alluring about him. Maybe its the jolly way he bounces along on his feet when he's playing his lute. Or perhaps it's those soft, slender toes. Or those nice long birdy legs. Damn you, Disney.

:oops:

In keeping with my recent interest in exploring Disney themes therefore, I decided to have a go at drawing him for the first time; a bit of a tricky one in many ways, given the details of the head and his puffed-up rooster-like proportions. It also didn't help that there seems to be some inconsistency in the cartoon over which way his legs are supposed to bend - forwards like a bird or backwards like a human. Still, despite needing four drafts, I think I did a pretty nice job in the end.

Much like my New Year's Eve picture of Baloo, I wanted a background similar to those used within the film, so I checked out a few of ye olde buildings in the 'Nottingham' shots and tried to create one of my own. (Nottingham don't look like that anymore, I can tell ya!) Admittedly it's not anything special, but I believe it fits pretty well.

Unlike the Baloo picture however, I chose to break a little from Disney's simplistic shading style and use a bit more of my own approach. It's not an all-out look (I couldn't be bothered with that), but I did want to use a few more tones and reflected light details to make it look a bit more three dimensional.

Sadly folks, this is probably the last picture you'll see from me until at least Easter. I start back at university this week and I dare say I'll be crazy busy with study again throughout the term. Even so, I hope that you have all enjoyed my little Christmas art batch, and I'd like to think this makes a pretty decent start to 2012.

:up:

----------

Being Robin Hood's wandering minstrel is not a bad job by any means. But with all the walking around, sometimes you just need to pause and give your feet a chance to relax.

[Direct Link]

Attachment:
File comment: Alan-a-Dale - Wandering Minstrel
AlanADaleWanderingMinstrel.jpg
AlanADaleWanderingMinstrel.jpg [ 154.8 KiB | Viewed 3517 times ]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Alan-a-Dale - Wandering Minstrel
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Damn, Rex, you're just amazing. :) That's really all I can say! I mean, you're amazing at taking existing work and enhancing the pawsex. So what's a weesaur gotta do to get you to draw some Dinosaucers? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:13 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Ah, so THAT's what the weesaur is a-hankerin' for! :lol:

Well I dunno - the trouble is I know nothing about Dinosaucers, so it's difficult for me to feel any attraction to the idea. Fair enough, I didn't know anything about Digimon either, but there's so much of it out there that you kinda get swallowed up.

Unless you have any particular material that might persuade me otherwise?... ;)

Thanks Dino!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:03 am 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
Sounds like I need to come with some vidcaps of Allo and Bronto-Thunder. :)