Legacy LD5

Forum/Website Through 2017
About Us 
Member Sites 
Faibanx MUCK
Artist Gallery
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Wazowski - Like Monsters Do (Hard Crush)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:43 pm 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
Hi everybody - RipRoarRex here continuing my latest dump of artwork!

Here's picture two of my 'June 2012' batch - and revealing another one of those characters I'm embarrassed to admit I have a fondness for: Mike Wazowski.

:oops:

As far as Monsters Inc. art goes, there seems to be a lot of Sulley out there, but very little of Mike. Yeah, so he's just a fat blob with a massive eye - but surely there must be others out there who have looked at those little green clawed feet of his in the same way that I have?

(...no? Okay then...! ) :lol:

Now admittedly, the use of Mike for this hard crush theme probably won't be everyone's cup of tea (talk about shrinking what is already a minority), but as my artwork has historically attested, hard crush is one of my bigger personal kinks - especially when it's combined with the added humiliation of being squashed under feet that are dirty and smelly, as in this case. I had considered an alternative non-violent version, but I was already too far down the road with the violent one to go back and rework the whole thing.

So as I always say, if you don't like, don't look. And if you do look and don't like, don't say I didn't warn you.

Anyway, on the artistic side of things, this was thankfully not too difficult to draw. I'd never drawn Mike before but his design is, after all, relatively simple (albeit a bit of a bugger to get the proportions the way I wanted them). The skin texturing was also an interesting experiment, though one which I think was rendered a little pointless upon resizing the picture. The background meanwhile was a product of both laziness (as is often the case) and a desire to keep the whole thing looking a bit dark and bleak - as if to suggest the victims are spending their last moments trapped in a dimly lit space hopelessly trying to avoid the inevitable squelch...

:devil:

Before anybody asks, I don't have any plans to draw Sulley - I was never that interested in him myself. But then again, I used to say I didn't like socks, or that I wasn't interested in drawing Sonic barefoot. So times can change.

;)

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that this matches the tastes of at least a handful of people anyway - and if you're one of them, hope you like it!

--------------------

There are two types of monsters: those that hide in cupboards or under beds to scare children, and those that stomp around squashing little people for fun.

[Direct Link]

Attachment:
File comment: Mike Wazowski - Like Monsters Do
MikeWazowskiLikeMonstersDo.jpg
MikeWazowskiLikeMonstersDo.jpg [ 418.08 KiB | Viewed 5699 times ]

RRRex

Post subject: Re: Mike Wazowski - Like Monsters Do (Hard Crush)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 pm 
Furry Fandom is my Brain Bleach
Species: Undead Pictomancer
This is a very fitting form of retribution for Mike Wasowski. Always being the little butt monkey and now he can be the large, in charge monster we can expect him to be. Nice choice. :up:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:30 pm 
Magnificent Bastard
"See, Ted is walking to work."
"Big deal. Ted takes three steps and he's there."

The biggest monsters get the most screams. Scientific fact!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:09 pm 
Site Admin
Oracle of the Slipper
Species: Weesaur
I think the best feature is the texture and sub-surface scattering you gave him, really nice!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:59 am 
Talking Tyrannosaur
Species: Tyrannosaurus
That's a superb one, RRR!

The three-toed, reptilian-esque-ish feet earn rex points, that gory stomp is rich and delicious, and I love your description of the hopeless inevitability of the victims' impending squishing. You also did a superb job of depicting the character, YET AGAIN.

Fantastic work!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:43 am 
The Three 'aws - Paws, Claws and Jaws.
50percentgrey wrote:
This is a very fitting form of retribution for Mike Wasowski. Always being the little butt monkey and now he can be the large, in charge monster we can expect him to be. Nice choice. :up:

Every monster should have their chance for stompy squishy rampage. That's what being a monster is all about!

:D

Thanks!

Sprotchymon wrote:
"See, Ted is walking to work."
"Big deal. Ted takes three steps and he's there."

The biggest monsters get the most screams. Scientific fact!

Absolutely! ;)

Haven't watched Monsters Inc in years. Had quite forgotten that scene! :D

Dinosorceror wrote:
I think the best feature is the texture and sub-surface scattering you gave him, really nice!

Well I'm glad it was worth it - I was worried the resizing had kinda butchered it! :lol:

Thanks Dino!

Diablo wrote:
That's a superb one, RRR!

The three-toed, reptilian-esque-ish feet earn rex points, that gory stomp is rich and delicious, and I love your description of the hopeless inevitability of the victims' impending squishing. You also did a superb job of depicting the character, YET AGAIN.

Fantastic work!

Thanks Diablo! And hey, the description is all part of setting the scene.

The bleak, dark, inescapable blood-stained scene.

:devil: